Barça to face PSG in the CL quarter finals

big_man

Overrated and overhyped team,would not be surprised if they finish the season without a trophy...
Did you also think the same of Milan? If there's anything to be learnt from that tie, its never to under-estimate any opponent at the KO stages, particularly this year. The weakest team has Drogba and Sneijder in it FFS.Barca have to be at their best to go through this tie. People are underestimating them (Milan all over again), and then if they end up winning the first leg they'll become the best thing since sliced bread and Barca will be "done" before the second tie begins.

It'll be anything but easy. IMO, the second best defense in Europe after Juve. They can soak so much pressure, they concede a shitload of shots but hardly concede any goals. They conceded 18 in the league all season (same as Juve) and only 5 in the CL, less than anyone but Juve(4 conceded). They also have a very solid midfield and match winners up front, they have all the tools to get a result against Barca, thankfully Ibra isn't playing the first leg. If he was I'd be very worried. A 2-2 draw will be good, a 2-1 or 3-2 loss will be OK, and any form of jammy win will be a fantastic result. This isn't a game where Barca will blow away the opposition with orgasmic football I don't think.

Last edited:
Did you also think the same of Milan? If there's anything to be learnt from that tie, its never to under-estimate any opponent. Barca have to be at their best to go through this tie. People are underestimating them Milan all over again), and then if they end up winning the first leg they'll become the best thing sliced bread and Barca will be "done" before the second tie begins.

It'll be anything but easy. IMO, the second best defense in Europe after Juve. They can soak so much pressure, they concede a shitload of shots but hardly concede any goals. They conceded 18 in the league all season (same as Juve) and only 5 in the CL, less than anyone but Juve. They also have a very solid midfield and match winners up front, thankfully Ibra isn't playing the first leg. If he was I'd be very

They'll be tough no doubt, but we should be able to beat them, especially if we play like we did on Tuesday. And I'd say PSG are easier than Dortmund, Real, Juve or Bayern would have been.

I do hope the players won't underestimate them in any way though. I doubt they will, especially after Milan.

Last edited:

big_man

They'll be tough no doubt, but we should be able to beat them, especially if we play like we did on Tuesday. And I'd say PSG are easier than Dortmund, Real, Juve or Bayern would have been.
Real, Bayern and Juve yes, Dortmund no. They have a better attack and defence than Dortmund, and way more steel. Dortmund probably edges it in midfield and they have better team chemistry. But even then, PSG have gelled better than expected for a team that is akin to that of Manchester city and the likes (big money signings from all over). make no mistake, this is a very very tricky tie, I see it going like the Milan tie of last season.

Last edited:

Darko

Did you also think the same of Milan? If there's anything to be learnt from that tie, its never to under-estimate any opponent at the KO stages, particularly this year. The weakest team has Drogba and Sneijder in it FFS.Barca have to be at their best to go through this tie. People are underestimating them (Milan all over again), and then if they end up winning the first leg they'll become the best thing since sliced bread and Barca will be "done" before the second tie begins.

It'll be anything but easy. IMO, the second best defense in Europe after Juve. They can soak so much pressure, they concede a shitload of shots but hardly concede any goals. They conceded 18 in the league all season (same as Juve) and only 5 in the CL, less than anyone but Juve(4 conceded). They also have a very solid midfield and match winners up front, they have all the tools to get a result against Barca, thankfully Ibra isn't playing the first leg. If he was I'd be very worried. A 2-2 draw will be good, a 2-1 or 3-2 loss will be OK, and any form of jammy win will be a fantastic result. This isn't a game where Barca will blow away the opposition with orgasmic football I don't think.

I never said it will be easy,but they are overrated and not on the same level as the likes of Real,Bayern,Juve.The players didnt underestimate Milan,they dont underestimate anyone in the CL,therefore the sucess in the past few years,the tactics were just horrible,we didnt have a clear cut chance in the whole game.Yes they have a good defensive record but they are one of those teams when defending fall back and as you said soak up pressure and that is suicide against Barca,if we target theyre fullback we should have succes with Xavi to Alves/Iniesta to Alba and then a goal via Messi/Villa.Their attackers dont track back as much and wait for a chance to break quickly,something we should be very carefoul about and I believe we will most definately concede from a counter,but this should also give our fullbacks a chance to get in behind their defence.And we should probably start practicing our defending from set pieces since PSG are great on corners/crosses(Alex and Thiago Silva have quite a few goals from set pieces).They are a tough physical team but I dont think they will be able to do much with the ball and create chances with possesion if we manage to cancel out Veratti.And hopefully Sirigu wont be pulling off incredible saves,something he is very capable of(incrediblekeeper imo).

misterplatin

I think PSG's weakness is their full-backs who are not performing at a worldclass level. Maxwell and Van Der Viel will most probably start against Barca and if targeted well, they will leave space for our full-backs .

In midfield they might start Matuidi,Chantome,Motta who can all give workmanlike performance to disrupt our rhythm . We should make sure we can keep Lavezzi/Lucas quiet as they are the ones who can do the damage on counters .

Barca8

As long as we keep our focus and determination like we did against Milan we are through!:flagvl8:

magique

Hi guys, I am a french supporter of PSG. I'm pretty disappointed with the draw because I think Barcelona is the only team against which we have almost no chance.
Some are quite happy because we do not like to keep the ball wheras Barcelona like it. We preferer play in counter (not sure that it is english! )
About Ibra i wanted him to play because he scores a lot but some of fans thinks we play better without him, (but stats are clearly with Ibra) . I think its a shame as the red card was strange.

Regarding our number of points in the league, it's very strange. We can make amzing games (like against Valencia in the first leg) and then lose against small teams being zero from beginning to end.

We'll see;)

misterplatin

Hi guys, I am a french supporter of PSG. I'm pretty disappointed with the draw because I think Barcelona is the only team against which we have almost no chance.
Some are quite happy because we do not like to keep the ball wheras Barcelona like it. We preferer play in counter (not sure that it is english! )
About Ibra i wanted him to play because he scores a lot but some of fans thinks we play better without him, (but stats are clearly with Ibra) . I think its a shame as the red card was strange.

Regarding our number of points in the league, it's very strange. We can make amzing games (like against Valencia in the first leg) and then lose against small teams being zero from beginning to end.

We'll see;)

Welcome ,

At this stage of CL you can not expect any team that won't make life difficult for PSG. Barca is not the only team which focus on possession ,Bayern and Juve too keep the ball a lot and have many athletic players to punish weak defenses .
As for PSG, I agree your players will have to make the most of the limited chances you get and use the home leg to build a lead. I see Ancelotti as a good coach who can plan the tactics for both legs. Over the 2 legs you have more chance against Barca than in a single match :)
Ibra's return to CampNou will be awesome .Good for us that he is absent from 1st leg as he is a great player who can make a difference with individual quality .

I hope we will get two very good matches .

Hello everybody, French psg fan too, i'm on this forum for see what can say the Barcelona fan's about Paris. So i'm really happy to read your forum, i tought i will find a lot of pretentious post and it's not the case and just for that, thanks to respect our team !

For me Ibra is not our best player, Lavezzi, Menez, Matuidi (The best) and Veratti are really most dangerous for your team, Ibra can just put a lot of goal but is not important for our way to play. On the paper...and only and the paper for now, i think we can win against your team because of your central defense are very slow and Alves and Alba go always in the attack. You will keep the ball and our team love let the ball, our defense is good enough but in front of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi i don't know if a defense can be good enough...and we are strong in the counter attack with Menez, Lavezzy, Lucas, Pastore, we can also use Beckham but i think he will not play, he play only against weak team, we can do it but it will be difficult

For finish, i'm happy to play against Barcelone, we can't win the Champion's league, we are not good enough for now, but play against your team it's like a dream, if we win it's fantastic for our team and fan, if we loose it's just normal and nobody will think we suck because we loose against you...I prefer go out of Champion's league by Barcelona that another team...Wish you a big game, a lot of goal, no red card and no injury !

Sorry for my English :)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hello everybody, French psg fan too, i'm on this forum for see what can say the Barcelona fan's about Paris. So i'm really happy to read your forum, i tought i will find a lot of pretentious post and it's not the case and just for that, thanks to respect our team !

For me Ibra is not our best player, Lavezzi, Menez, Matuidi (The best) and Veratti are really most dangerous for your team, Ibra can just put a lot of goal but is not important for our way to play. On the paper...and only and the paper for now, i think we can win against your team because of your central defense are very slow and Alves and Alba go always in the attack. You will keep the ball and our team love let the ball, our defense is good enough but in front of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi i don't know if a defense can be good enough...and we are strong in the counter attack with Menez, Lavezzy, Lucas, Pastore, we can also use Beckham but i think he will not play, he play only against weak team, we can do it but it will be difficult

For finish, i'm happy to play against Barcelone, we can't win the Champion's league, we are not good enough for now, but play against your team it's like a dream, if we win it's fantastic for our team and fan, if we loose it's just normal and nobody will think we suck because we loose against you...I prefer go out of Champion's league by Barcelona that another team...Wish you a big game, a lot of goal, no red card and no injury !

Sorry for my English :)

Bienvenue, ma poule...Bonne chance avec PSG

Allez blaugrana!

Home of Barca Fans