Barça to face PSG in the CL quarter finals

Tomchin

I like the draw. We have to attack like madmans from the beginning of the game (at the Parc de prince), so that we can score 2 or 3 vital away-goals there. Ibra won't be present, so their attack shouldn't pose too many problems for us at Parc de prince.

King Leo

Banned
Liga games around Barca PSG CL clash

Celta de Vigo vs Barcelona on March 30th
Barcelona vs Mallorca on April 7th

meanwhile...

PSG vs Montpellier on March 30th (Montpellier 7th in table)
Stade Rennais vs PSG on 6 April (Stade Rennais 8th in table)

desoe

PSG without Ibra is like Spurs without Bale. Would be a massive failure to get a bad result in the 1st leg.

Tomchin

Liga games around Barca PSG CL clash
PSG vs Montpellier on March 30th (Montpellier 7th in table)
Stade Rennais vs PSG on 6 April (Stade Rennais 8th in table)
I saw PSG only have a 4-points advantage to the second, so I suppose they can't really afford to rest some players...

DavidVillano1

Great draw and exactly what I wanted.

Barcelona should have the tie over after the first leg. Valencia dominated PSG and were unlucky in the second leg, Barcelona to take a 2-0 or 3-1 lead back home.

E

El Messiah 10

PSG without Ibra is like Spurs without Bale. Would be a massive failure to get a bad result in the 1st leg.

I think a 1-1 or 2-2 will be a good result.
Away 1st-leg matches in Champions League are always dangeours and not simply: Ibra or not Ibra.

Latest 5 seasons :

2009:
Lione-Barca 1-1

2010:
Stoccarda-Barca 1-1
Arsenal-Barca 2-2
Inter-Barca 3-1

2011:
Arsenal-Barca 2-1
Real-Barca 0-2

2012:
B.Leverkusen-Barca 1-3
Milan-Barca 0-0
Chelsea-Barca 1-0

2013:
Milan-Barca 2-0
PSG-Barca ???

How we can suppose that Barca could win 3-0 or 4-1 or 3-1 or 2-0 @Parco dei Principi against PSG?

It will be a difficult match....and, as always, scores at least 1 goal will be very important.

Yeah, away games in the knockout rounds in the CL are usually tough. We should be able to get a high-scoring draw or narrow win though IMO.

Irish_Cules

I forgot Ibra was suspended. That is a massive blow for them, especially since the first leg is at home. Some Ibra magic could have got the crowd going. Lavezzi, Lucas and Pastore could really cause us problems on the counter attack though so there's still a threat there. I'm hoping we get two away goals...I reckon it will be either 1-2 or 2-2.

E

El Messiah 10

2 away goal would be great...of course.
But I think even 1-1 it's a good result....even 0-0 it's not bad (1-0 or 2-1 or 3-2 for us @Camp Nou it's not hard...).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
BTW, Matuidi is an impressive looking player for PSG...and while no ligament damage to Moura's ankle, he isn't expected to make the 1st leg

Last edited:

dostoevskij

A good draw!!! no Bayern, Juve, real or Dortmund at this stage of the knock-out. no ibra in paris and we could make things clear at home!!!

ceefoo

I am happy with us drawing PSG.

But I don't think the away leg is going to be straight forward, even if Ibra is suspended.

Some of you are forgetting, we don't have a great away record in Europe.

barcanuck

Their pitch doesn't look like a potato field either, so that could help!

Italian coaching once again will test us tactically. Ancelotti won the CL with Milan and EPL with Chelsea and is very good at the 4-2-3-1 formation. Thiago Silva at the back is a rock and ariel threat on set pieces. Becks will be crossing in some crosses as a sub or even starter maybe. We just need to not repeat the same mistakes we did in San Siro.

Home of Barca Fans