Barca Squad and Planning 2022/23

jamrock

1 too many FB & CB might cause so disharmony if things aren't going well, but if we are winning everyone will be happy.

malvolio

We got 1 world class and 2 potential world class players in Lewa, Kounde and Raphinha. Just for that i belive the window is a win.

The free signings I don't believe will be important for the future, but fill in the need of depth and options.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Free signings are alright, decent stop gaps like Depay and Auba, just that this time we made sure they don't stick around...

JohnN

I guess we are good with squad depth this season. The only problematic position I can see is the midfield - in case 2 of 3 starters get injured simultaneously. But none of them is injury-prone, so let's hope no serious injuries will happen.

GK - MATS, Pena, Tenas
LB - Alba, Alonso, Balde
CB - Kounde, Araujo, Garcia, Christensen, Pique
RB - Bellerin, Roberto, Kounde, Araujo
DM - Busquets, De Jong, Pjanic
CM - Pedri, Gavi, De Jong, Kessie, Pjanic, Torre
LW - Dembele, Ferran, Ansu, Memphis
RW - Rafinha, Dembele
ST - Lewandowski, Ansu, Memphis, Ferran

Don't get me wrong, I love our squad this season, even more so after all these years of overpaid veterans. But realistically we have:
* 2 WC players in Mats (if he indeed pulls it together) and Lewa
* 6 Really good / top drawer players in Dembele, Rafinha, Pedri, FDJ, Araujo, Kounde
* 5 Good or promising players in Ansu, Gavi, Balde, Garcia, Christensen
And then we have:
* 2 semi retired players in Alba, Busi (a starter)
* 3 Not good enough players in Ferran, Memphis, Roberto
* 4 Garbage players in Pique, Pjanic, Pena, Tenas
* 3 of unknown quality in kessie, Bellerin, Alonso

There is a lack of meme players this season with the departures of Puig and Braith.

Home of Barca Fans