Barca Squad and Planning 2022/23

Kul_z

Raphinha and Gavi ?

Even Aubameyang if Fati breaks down again

This is the line up with the highest potential right now, tho fuck me if i would put ancient one anywhere near. But it is what it is. Raphinha would have a tough task, dembele is a total wild card, he can be shit and unplayable easily. Out of this competition gavi could turn out to be a monster mf player in season or two. War machine boys

serghei

I would start Dest - Araujo - Christensen/Kounde - Alba

Busquets - De Jong - Pedri

Raphinha - Lewandowski - Ansu Fati.

serghei

I think the team that started vs Madrid is probably what Xavi will start in the first game. So, Gavi instead of De Jong most likely.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I was initially against signing Azpi, but him for a low fee is probably worth it now. Let Dest fight for his Barca career. Sink or swim for him this season. If he cannot establish himself as a starter they need to cut their losses and try looking for another younger RB next summer. Someone like Pedro Porro, Lamptey, Malo Gusto, etc.

Should be scouting for RB, LB(Alba replacement), CDM and GK for next summer.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You don't have to have all classy players to win it all. We can make it with Dest and Alba. Busquets plays a more important role and is more of a liability. Noone from Barcelona sees it though.

Catta

I just wrote down the possible starting XI for the first couple of games. Nothing more
5 subs means Raphinia and Gavi are gonna play as well

The stupid 5 subs rule will again be used.

Does the football world plan to ever return to 3 subs.

Richard.H

You don't have to have all classy players to win it all. We can make it with Dest and Alba. Busquets plays a more important role and is more of a liability. Noone from Barcelona sees it though.

No, we can't make it with Dest and Alba. They will break down easily in a CL SF, heck even in QF

Messi983

The stupid 5 subs rule will again be used.

Does the football world plan to ever return to 3 subs.

I like 5 subs, especially now that we actually have a deep squad.

I hope if they keep it, they will make match squad back to 18.
No need to put 5 youth players and 2 GK on the bench every week.

Why not? If you lead 3,4-0 with 20 minutes left you can give playing time to the kids. Not that it will often happen here with a squad we're building unless we'll have big injury crisis.

khaled_a_d

I like 5 subs, especially now that we actually have a deep squad.

Why not? If you lead 3,4-0 with 20 minutes left you can give playing time to the kids. Not that it will often happen here with a squad we're building unless we'll have big injury crisis.

Because it is better if those kids get playing time somewhere else, like B team or out on loan

mesiesta

I guess we are good with squad depth this season. The only problematic position I can see is the midfield - in case 2 of 3 starters get injured simultaneously. But none of them is injury-prone, so let's hope no serious injuries will happen.

GK - MATS, Pena, Tenas
LB - Alba, Alonso, Balde
CB - Kounde, Araujo, Garcia, Christensen, Pique
RB - Bellerin, Roberto, Kounde, Araujo
DM - Busquets, De Jong, Pjanic
CM - Pedri, Gavi, De Jong, Kessie, Pjanic, Torre
LW - Dembele, Ferran, Ansu, Memphis
RW - Rafinha, Dembele
ST - Lewandowski, Ansu, Memphis, Ferran

Home of Barca Fans