Barca elections 2015

Gaudi

Is ther someone here from barcelona...i ask because i would like soneone to explain me the difference between most "foreign" fans opinion and socios vote. I'm one of that "foreign" fans, reading sites, fan forums and so on i had a feeling devil has more chance than barto, yet he took easy win. Is there some street news, people hate other candidates for some reason, just because triplet....?

Personaly though i don't mind barto, i'm just curious why such a difference between fans here for example and socis?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Some of those aren't dramatic, to be honest. You don't expect the B team to get back to the Segunda under a president who campaigns on "Selling players from La Masia is good for the club's economy". Also the comments on Middle Eastern connections aren't exactly false. What Barca needs at this point is someone who understands that these economically and culturally challenging times in football require someone who will steer the club back towards the Mes que un club philosophy, rather than the let's-run-this-like-a-corporation approach.

This is what I don't get. I thought we, like Real Madrid, are owned 100% by the socios? Manchester City and PSG are completely different, because they are entirely owned by groups owned and controlled by UAE and Qatari billionaires? I thought our deal with Qatar Airlines is for the jersey and the stadium (but without naming rights) only?

xXKonan

Well he/she was a tad negative.Pleased we secured the 2nd Treble when we did then.....
You can say the Treble had Repercussions :mou: in seriousness Bartomeu ran a decent Campaign (Even if he got wrecked in the Debates) Really surprised how Improvised Laporta's was though he relied on Nostalgia to try and sway voters and didn't really go into good detail about his plans very well and and other two just didn't have a chance sadly.

King5Puyi

You'd think in todays age and time people can see through the heavy bullshit put up. Guess not much afterall.

Extremely disappointed in the socios.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
You'd think in todays age and time people can see through the heavy bullshit put up. Guess not much afterall.

Extremely disappointed in the socios.

The socios did see through the bullshit, specifically Laporta's. His "muh unicef" nonsense and his reliance on nostalgia cost him dearly.

it's not a beauty pageant though, the socios voted on short-term sights.

Granted, Laporta did fuck all. As DonAK said, judging by the results, Bartomeu would've won no matter what.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One of the most annoying thing with all this is the incredibly low turnout every.single.fucking.time

The local socis seem to agree with BartoRosell's restriction policy, but themselves can't care enough to atleast come out and vote. 90% of Barcelona's 109k socis lives in Catalunya.

Not only that, but they hog up season tickets too, many don't attend games and those who want to, have to wait in line to buy a season ticket and find issues with that. And if that wasn't bad enough then they even sell tickets to Barca B games TO THE OPPOSITION FANS which happened a few times last season.

Icarium

Lifestealer
People fear change, especially old people. Treble is the main selling point for barto, he solidified his position after he signed arda and vidal while laporta had a shit campaign. I can't even imagine how the club will be like after 6 years.

Renovated stadium will be named Qatar Nou or something like that, i am hoping they choose different sponsor at least. Qatar Airways will remain as the shirt sponsor, the new deal is €60M i think, United deal is around €70M and Chelsea is on €57M. United deal not exactly sure as in some websites it is stated as £47M and in some other websites as £53M. I am still hoping they ditch Qatar Airways and get another one which pays more than United deal. It is not impossible, Flight energy drink was ready to pay €80M after all.

I am curious if they want to continue with Nike or go for Adidas like everyone else. United is on €108M and Bayern is on €93M i think, we should get some where around €100M at least. Barca has a some brand value and we have best player in the world and the future best player in the world too, that means something and not to forget we just won the fucking treble.

If they want to make barca an international brand which makes lot of money at least i hope they do it right, instead of going for shady brands stick to cleaner brands which pay more.

Tomchin

One of the most annoying thing with all this is the incredibly low turnout every.single.fucking.time

The local socis seem to agree with BartoRosell's restriction policy, but themselves can't care enough to atleast come out and vote. 90% of Barcelona's 109k socis lives in Catalunya.
Those who don't come to vote, typically are in favor with the current presidency (if not, surely they would take the effort to come vote to try to change things?). So if they'd have voted too yesterday, Bartomeu would have won even by more.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Those who don't come to vote, typically are in favor with the current presidency (if not, surely they would take the effort to come vote to try to change things?). So if they'd have voted too yesterday, Bartomeu would have won even by more.

The turnout in 2003 was 55%. Why didn't more people come out to vote then? I don't know what it is, but it's simply not good enough.

Cule4life

The Culest
[quote name="Tomchin" post=1507954]Those who don't come to vote, typically are in favor with the current presidency (if not, surely they would take the effort to come vote to try to change things?). So if they'd have voted too yesterday, Bartomeu would have won even by more.

The turnout in 2003 was 55%. Why didn't more people come out to vote then? I don't know what it is, but it's simply not good enough.[/quote]

The simplest answer is generally the right one. They are lazy and not bothered with politics. "This doesn't affect me directly" it's their attitude. They think they are entitled to membership just cause they live in Catalonia. Also for some old socios health issues can prevent them from voting.

It's better to give foreigners who care about the club genuinely membership instead of these lazy socios. But sadly "Catalunya fuck yeah" lobby would be outraged at the suggestion.

Home of Barca Fans