Barca draws Man City

C

cityfan

I like to see a Manchester City without Yaya Toure and see if he is the most important player for City or Aguero is. I say Yaya is more vital for City than Kun.

David Silva is our most important player and has been for 3 years. The difference in City's play is greatest when he is out, he's a huge influence.

Anyway the big question for City is whether Pellegrini will continue with 2 strikers tonight. I expect (and hope) him to go with a compromise of Jovetic and Negredo as Jovetic will more naturally drop back into midfield when City don't have the ball. This game is no place for the likes of Dzeko.

My preferred XI

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Clichy
Nasri Fernandinho Yaya Silva
Negredo Jovetic

Lescott isn't great but if Demichelis plays he will get absolutely destroyed. Hopefully Nasri is fit to start, if so you should see he is almost as integral to City as Silva is. Not going to make and predictions other than I think both teams will score at least one goal tonight.

Well, enjoy the game :beer2:

Samuel Eto'o

One thing I don't get is, the fact Manchester City say they should be able to beat Barca by playing their own game and standing toe to toe.

Yet they are maybe going for 5 in midfield and are letting the grass grow as long as possible???????

Do Man City fans consider that toe to toe or trying desperately to get every advantage as they think they need it?

People may say all thought of things about Barca off the pitch but they still 'fear' the skills and our style of play. The team may have its struggles here and there but opponents still have to come out and play. Thats why they park the bus and so on.

jairzinho

Its a true statement. ^^. Coaches and players always talk about the fact that Barca is not the side that it used to be and that we're not on that level anymore. But guess what. When they do play us, they use the same tactics and approach like they would have done back when they said we were good. So what's the difference ? The fear and respect is still there. The same parked buses, the same 2 banks of four sitting very deep and so on.

serghei

Its a true statement. ^^. Coaches and players always talk about the fact that Barca is not the side that it used to be and that we're not on that level anymore. But guess what. When they do play us, they use the same tactics and approach like they would have done back when they said we were good. So what's the difference ? The fear and respect is still there. The same parked buses, the same 2 banks of four sitting very deep and so on.

Maybe we downgraded from a A+ - unplayable to "just" A - almost unplayable.

zanela

I can't find Nasri's thread.

His comments on the sec.leg. Reeks of insecurity but hilarious all the same. Barca would most likely 've smashed them with the line-up they put out against Bayern. Considering how aloof their strikers were from their 2 man-midfield. Ofc, they couldn't touch the ball for 60 mins. But Nasri knows better.

“It is not over,” Nasri said. “Before the game, we said it is a game of 180 minutes and we can do what Valencia did earlier this month and beat them at home. We will fight until the end.

“We will have to gamble, but why not? We went to Bayern Munich and beat them, so we can do the same in Barcelona.

“Are Barca the best team we have faced? No, I don’t think they are. Bayern are the best team we played. Against Bayern, for 60 minutes, we did not touch the ball. They are the best team, Barcelona are not.

“If it was not for the penalty [scored by Lionel Messi], it was 0-0, but Bayern was not the same. We did not touch the ball and they scored goals without a mistake from anyone. They showed us how great they were.”

“We believe in ourselves,” Nasri said. “We do not need support from outside or anything like that, we believe in what we can do. We won at Munich, we won at Manchester United, Spurs, and by big scores.

“Barcelona do not like to be attacked. They like to have the ball, to be in control, they do not like to defending. They are not used to defending, so when you have got the ball you attack them, you make them run. They do not like that.

“I watch every game and I saw Valencia beat Barcelona in the Nou Camp. They played without fear. I saw Sofiane Feghouli on the right, he just went on and on and on, and he made the difference. Pablo Piatti, who is 1.64 metres [5ft 4in], scored with a header. They played without fear and that is what we need to do. We have to gamble, try to play and attack them.”

F

Flavia

It's here.

I hope they talk a lot more. It'll serve as fuel for the players.

Funny thing is the possession stats. Against bayern, it was city 34%, bayern 66%. agaisnt Barça, city 32%, Barça 68%. Almost the same, slightly bigger for Barça :lol:

NeyMesSis

I can't find Nasri's thread.

His comments on the sec.leg. Reeks of insecurity but hilarious all the same. Barca would most likely 've smashed them with the line-up they put out against Bayern. Considering how aloof their strikers were from their 2 man-midfield. Ofc, they couldn't touch the ball for 60 mins. But Nasri knows better.

what a stupid guy nasri is! :lol:

Chainsaw

Killahead
I read Nasri comments earlier today and I read them again now and honestly I ended up confused both time. I really don't get what the hell he's trying to say. He sounds like a 10 years old trying to put together some sentences he just learned from his English class.

“Barcelona do not like to be attacked. they do not like to defending. when you have got the ball you attack them, you make them run. " :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

NeyMesSis

I read Nasri comments earlier today and I read them again now and honestly I ended up confused both time. I really don't get what the hell he's trying to say. He sounds like a 10 years old trying to put together some sentences he just learned from his English class.

“Barcelona do not like to be attacked. they do not like to defending. when you have got the ball you attack them, you make them run. " :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
like they did at their homegriund :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's here.

I hope they talk a lot more. It'll serve as fuel for the players.

Funny thing is the possession stats. Against bayern, it was city 34%, bayern 66%. agaisnt Barça, city 32%, Barça 68%. Almost the same, slightly bigger for Barça :lol:

They were playing with 10 men against us though.

A bunch of sore losers they are.

PhilS

Nasri is right, all City has to do at Camp Nou is play like a completely different team than the one that showed up at the Etihad. And Barca has to cooperate by agreeing to play much more of the game on defense.

Of course Barca does not like to play defense! Barca plays to keep the ball. When the opponents do get the ball, get it right back, do the real defensive work before the ball gets past the middle of the field. Barca did forget that against Valencia. Unlike City, Valencia took full advantage of their opportunities.

I can't wait to see Neymar draw fouls and penalties in the Camp Nou game. I'm looking forward to hearing City whine about how unfair it was to be punished for chopping down the Barca attackers who are just way too quick and clever for the Premier League rough stuff to stop.

On the other hand, City with Aquerro back and Nasri for the whole game can certainly put some goals on the board at Camp Nou. 2-2 would not surprise me.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Mourinhoesque from him, makes City look better because they beat Bayern. Shouldn't have said that before the return leg though :p Hope we "thrash" them.

Home of Barca Fans