Ayoub abou Oulam

Is he one of the most promising talents?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BBZ8800

Bellerin and Keita were made high wages prospects from Lazio and Arsenal. Barça cant spend that kind of wages on every talented kid. We win some and we lose some.

Yes.
We can't invest some money in wages for promising youngsters.
We are saving that money for Neymar's dad and for mighty Pogba :VdB:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I don't think it has anything to do with the law .it is sort of a club strategy and we break that strategy from time to time btw IIRC

Doesn't Spain have the law regarding pro contracts for youngsters under a certain age? It's why we lose prospects to the EPL's youth systems sometimes.

raki

For each Bellerin there´s 15 Fran Merida´s and so on.

Just look at Inaki Pena. United offers him 5/6 times more what Barça offer. Should barça pay 6 times more to a player? All the other talented players with 15/16 will demand that wages.

khaled_a_d

Doesn't Spain have the law regarding pro contracts for youngsters under a certain age? It's why we lose prospects to the EPL's youth systems sometimes.

I think it is more about being free agent and turning professional at the age of 16 rather than the age of 18 like most of Europe

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
For each Bellerin there´s 15 Fran Merida´s and so on.

Just look at Inaki Pena. United offers him 5/6 times more what Barça offer. Should barça pay 6 times more to a player? All the other talented players with 15/16 will demand that wages.

I agree. If a player wants to play for Barca, he will stay regardless of money offers else where. And if that prospect fulfills his supposed potential, Barca will likely buy him back.

BBZ8800

I agree. If a player wants to play for Barca, he will stay regardless of money offers else where. And if that prospect fulfills his supposed potential, Barca will likely buy him back.

Real offered a lot for Odegaard, haven't they?
A lot of money...

So, it is not as if Spanish teams are not allowed to offer a lot.

It is just that we sometimes pick to invest in wrong players, for example, Neymar's dad, Pogba, we would probably invested a lot in Halilovic (if needed), because in that moment our board thought that he is the brightest talent, that he is worth the risk etc.

So, imo, if Barca wanted, we would had enough of money for all Odegaards's and Halilovic's of this world.
But the trick is, imo, that we pick 1 out of 5 of them, for which we think that has the most potential (and sometimes we guess right and sometimes we fail miserably), plus, Barca isn't interested in investing in THAT many youths in the same time, because we probably still believe in La Masia too much, plus we are spending too much on wages and transfers of players like Pogba.

So, it is not that simple.
For example, I am against Pogba's deal, and Pro-Arda's deal, but even Arda's deal is expensive for 28-29 years old player.

So, my point is, with a change in the approach, and slightly more investing in youth gems, Barca would easily have much more world-class youth gems than lately.
But again, we have turned into Galacticos lately, and Barto the clown will rather buy one Pogba/Suarez/Neymar each summer for 80-100-120 Millions (plus insane wages) than too slightly alter our plans with youths.

So, I am not buying that story that other clubs are paying too much for youths.
Lol, we want to pay 12M net yearly to 22-years old Pogba.
Just lol.

How many world-class kids we could have bought/signed for that money?

But we are the new Galacticos.
My prediction is, forget about La Masia in the future, if Barto will be the president.
La Masia will be equally as poor as in the last 2-3 years.
It won't improve, it will only get worse.

Lately I am losing faith even in Samper.
Imo, probably none out of current players will make it.
And future generations will be even worse.

But hey, we will get Pogba for a total of 150 Millions (transfer+wages).
That will "compensate" 10 years of miserable La Masia future.

No, dear Barto. It won't.

Last edited:

raki

Pogba is a made player even with 21. No doubt he´s a monster.

What is Odegaard, halilovic and many others? Projects, promises and youtube videos. Nothing more.

There are no world class kids. It´s always uncertain.

khaled_a_d

Real offered a lot for Odegaard, haven't they?
A lot of money...

So, it is not as if Spanish teams are not allowed to offer a lot.

It is just that we sometimes pick to invest in wrong players, for example, Neymar's dad, Pogba, we would probably invested a lot in Halilovic (if needed), because in that moment our board thought that he is the brightest talent, that he is worth the risk etc.

So, imo, if Barca wanted, we would had enough of money for all Odegaards's and Halilovic's of this world.
But the trick is, imo, that we pick 1 out of 5 of them, for which we think that has the most potential (and sometimes we guess right and sometimes we fail miserably), plus, Barca isn't interested in investing in THAT many youths in the same time, because we probably still believe in La Masia too much, plus we are spending too much on wages and transfers of players like Pogba.

So, it is not that simple.
For example, I am against Pogba's deal, and Pro-Arda's deal, but even Arda's deal is expensive for 28-29 years old player.

So, my point is, with a change in the approach, and slightly more investing in youth gems, Barca would easily have much more world-class youth gems than lately.
But again, we have turned into Galacticos lately, and Barto the clown will rather buy one Pogba/Suarez/Neymar each summer for 80-100-120 Millions (plus insane wages) than too slightly alter our plans with youths.

So, I am not buying that story that other clubs are paying too much for youths.
Lol, we want to pay 12M net yearly to 22-years old Pogba.
Just lol.

How many world-class kids we could have bought/signed for that money?

But we are the new Galacticos.
My prediction is, forget about La Masia in the future, if Barto will be the president.
La Masia will be equally as poor as in the last 2-3 years.
It won't improve, it will only get worse.

Lately I am losing faith even in Samper.
Imo, probably none out of current players will make it.
And future generations will be even worse.

But hey, we will get Pogba for a total of 150 Millions (transfer+wages).
That will "compensate" 10 years of miserable La Masia future.

No, dear Barto. It won't.

Man,you must really hate Pogba .:lol:

Home of Barca Fans