Ayoub abou Oulam

Is he one of the most promising talents?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F

Flavia

Bartomeu will have a hard time winning the election when he's rotting in jail for fiscal fraud.

Anyways, what team is Ayoub signing for? Will he play with Porto's first team or slot into the youth teams and work his way up?
The MD article says at first he'll play for their sub-18 team, with options of promotion to the 1st team.

Zangash

Banned
The MD article says at first he'll play for their sub-18 team, with options of promotion to the 1st team.

I see. In that case, this might be in our best interest. He'll develop very well at Porto, and since they're a selling club, our chances of getting him back should he develop into a gem would be high.

F

Flavia

I see. In that case, this might be in our best interest. He'll develop very well at Porto, and since they're a selling club, our chances of getting him back should he develop into a gem would be high.
Porto don't sell cheap. I can't see this being in Barça's best interest. There's no buyback, nothing.

Zangash

Banned
Porto don't sell cheap. I can't see this being in Barça's best interest. There's no buyback, nothing.

No buyback? That makes no sense. He's one of our brightest up and comers, even Real Madrid understands the need for buyback clauses...

khaled_a_d

That is interesting ,can't say I am mad at him tbh .with the likes of Halilovic ,Amir,Alena,Oriol Busquets and may be Gerson ahead of him it might be tough to crack to 1st team .
Kid is talented ,but it seems that he need smaller club to develop
And just for the record ,the club can't keep all of the prospects in la Masia .even during laporta's board we have lost many .the difference is that during Laporta era we have been able to convince the best talent to stay since the departure of Pique and most of other players who left didn't gave us many regrets .
with Zubi we have lost Bellerin,Icardi ,keita in summer of 2011 alone . May be Ayoub will be as good as them and may be the club is right to let him go and not fight for him to stay

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

No buyback? That makes no sense. He's one of our brightest up and comers, even Real Madrid understands the need for buyback clauses...

I think he is leaving as Free agent,I think with the ban and suspension we couldn't negotiate a contract .

Zangash

Banned
I think he is leaving as Free agent,I think with the ban and suspension we couldn't negotiate a contract .

If a new contract was even attempted. This wouldn't be the first time under this board we've given players the cold shoulder until their contract expired. We even do it with our first team players. Happened to Abidal and would have happened to Dani if it weren't for those meddling Fifa execs.

khaled_a_d

If a new contract was even attempted. This wouldn't be the first time under this board we've given players the cold shoulder until their contract expired. We even do it with our first team players. Happened to Abidal and would have happened to Dani if it weren't for those meddling Fifa execs.

As I said in the previous reply it isn't necessarily on the board .as much as I hate to admit
The rules in Spain is idiotic and allows teams all over Europe to get prospects from Liga cubs for free and make it hard to keep them and actually gives player too much power at young age .the club has wanted to change it for since 2003 and they keep ignoring
Also in some cases we just allow players to leave and don't put enough fight to keep them .many times it prove the right decision though that remain to be seen .

MessiDinho10

As I said in the previous reply it isn't necessarily on the board .as much as I hate to admit
The rules in Spain is idiotic and allows teams all over Europe to get prospects from Liga cubs for free and make it hard to keep them and actually gives player too much power at young age .the club has wanted to change it for since 2003 and they keep ignoring
Also in some cases we just allow players to leave and don't put enough fight to keep them .many times it prove the right decision though that remain to be seen .

If Ayoub was the kind of player to be poached at his 16th birthday by another European topclub, like Cesc or Julio Plezeguelo more recently, he would've left last summer. He stayed because of how high Barça valued him then, but this season changed his mind, and I don't blame him. He left not because of money, but because of the lack of playing time. He was terribly managed ever since he was moved to Juvenil A, and to top that a new player was bought who played in his position (Amir). Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have Amir, but he has hindered Ayoub's development, a player who's been at the club since he was 9 and the potential to be a world class player in the future. He didn't play against players to years older than him for no reason. His departure is more or less like Thiago's, without "fans" calling him a traitor and the fuzz around it.

raki

How good is Amir? Never heard of him.
Sadly Porto is not a good club for younsters to develop. At least not so younglike he is.

raki

with Zubi we have lost Bellerin,Icardi ,keita in summer of 2011 alone . May be Ayoub will be as good as them and may be the club is right to let him go and not fight for him to stay

Bellerin and Keita were made high wages prospects from Lazio and Arsenal. Barça cant spend that kind of wages on every talented kid. We win some and we lose some.

MessiDinho10

Bellerin and Keita were made high wages prospects from Lazio and Arsenal. Barça cant spend that kind of wages on every talented kid. We win some and we lose some.

The thing with Ayoub is that it isn't about the money, but about the management. It's exactly what Barça was all about which fails him and the club here. La Masia kind of sucks nowadays, and Ayoub has experienced it this season. Saying the club is not at fault or that we were limited by Spanish rules is naive to say the least.

Home of Barca Fans