Atletico de Madrid

Irish_Cules

Koke is not that creative. He's a good crosser but he doesn't have the vision of Arda Turan

Not that creative? Here's a quote from Sid Lowe's article this week....

"The league's top assist provider and joint top scorer had combined again: Costa has eight goals, Koke six assists. Of Costa's last 17 goals, 11 have been provided by the 21-year old midfielder."

barcanuck

Koke is very underrated.

Poor Thiago getting surpassed by so many players since he left for Munich. Isco has already penciled himself in for the World Cup roster. Koke is passed Thiago on the list just due to form and Thiago being injured. Karma's a bitch so far for Mr Alcantara.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Poor Thiago getting surpassed by so many players since he left for Munich. Isco has already penciled himself in for the World Cup roster. Koke is passed Thiago on the list just due to form and Thiago being injured. Karma's a bitch so far for Mr Alcantara.
I will firmly believe that 'Karma's a bitch' line if Sergi Roberto cements his place in the Spain NT ahead of Thiago... Not for WC per se, but in general. It would be so damn funny

barcanuck

I will firmly believe that 'Karma's a bitch' line if Sergi Roberto cements his place in the Spain NT ahead of Thiago... Not for WC per se, but in general. It would be so damn funny

Haha that is a very low probability. It would mean Thiago = next Bojan.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Haha that is a very low probability. It would mean Thiago = next Bojan.
Well, Bojan was scared to play for NT in UEFA European Championship outside of his comfort zone... And Thiago got scared to ply his trade in his own home grown club the moment he experienced the first hurdle in his life!!
They both seem similar to me, ridiculously fragile, scared to be out of their comfort zone! For one it was the club, for the other it was his manager :attachment:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Koke's been overall better than Thiago for a while now, the most underrated youngster in la liga last season while Varane, Isco, and Courtois got all the plaudits. Isco himself was close to Thiago before, but he's gone far beyond him so far this season. Thiago will need a rather large comeback after his injury to re-establish himself on the level of those two.

Potential and style-wise, I have an extremely slight preference of guys like Oliver and Suso over Thiago/Koke and Isco. There are so many other gifted young midfield wizards for Spain, it's criminal to have to leave any of them out as they're all so talented.

big_man

It would have been absolute madness if you said this 3 years ago. But over the past year and a half they have genuinely turned into one of the top ten teams in the world.

Their dismantling of Chelsea was one of the impressive wins I've seen in years, they played them off the park and 4-0 was flattering to Chelsea. They have that excellent combination of grit, dirtiness and technical ability that makes them so dangerous and adaptable and will get them wins against 80% of any european team consistently. I'm far more worried about them than Madrid as far as the league AND CL goes.

This season they've stepped it up into another level and it isn't even outlandish to say they're one of the top 5 teams in the world, crazy stuff.

Last edited:

coura

Banned
Their CL path is clean. They can rest the team in the next 2 CL games and focus on the league. Tough opponent.

Home of Barca Fans