Atletico de Madrid

big_man

Man...they scare the hell out of me this team.
How the hell did this happen? While everyone was wanking over the flavour of the month teams, they basically just sneaked up from behind and built one heck of a team. They are actually genuinly one of the five best teams in Europe, it's not even crazy to say they're the best team in Madrid anymore, what a fucking turn around.
I wouldn't want to face them in the CL at all.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Agree, not to mention that they do have great squad depth. Not only are their starters insanely talented, they have great squad players in the likes of Oliver, Baptistao, Alderweireld, etc. As those guys start building up form and take on more consistent roles, Atletico will have a squad fit to hold out for the entire season.

CL is gonna be interesting, Simeone has made them a defensive force better than pretty much anyone else in Europe. They are built for holding off elite attacks and look like they'll thrive in cup competitions.

Cule4life

The Culest
I think they still will struggle against bus parking teams as their whole game is built around defending deep and hitting on counters. They still lack creativity to thread between packed defensive lines. Only Arda Turan has that. Koke is better at crossing and counters.

kishore680

Diego costa himself handles 2 defenders and villa gets lot of space. Against La Real, Real madrid they had less possession , i.e they hit them on counters. Simeone built a wonderful team. They will beat any team on their day.However, Turan may lose his temper so does costa, A red card here n there may affect in their CL run .

barcanuck

We got ONE whole penalty this year let's enjoy every SINGLE one we get haha :)

Hats off to Atleti. They are keeping up with us neck in neck.

Wambo

Villa and Costa again! If Costa decides to play for Spain delBosque should consider a line up with two strikers up front.

CatalinR10

I thought Messi will be back just in time for that game in early January? Messi will not be match fit though.

I've read that Messi is going to be back around 15 january while we have the Atletico game on 12. Maybe he's going to be able to force his recovery and be earlier than expected but this time he should be more carefull with his recovery.

Home of Barca Fans