Arthur

xXKonan

Arthur is in good shape played the full 90 in most of Copa America and didn't appear fatigued and covered a lot of ground.

So you're telling me Arthur is not some fat bastard who has been eating pies as Catalan Media/Valverde led you to believe? :rolleyes:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
It just seems clear to me that Arthur cant handle the high intensity football of Valverde like Rakitic and Busquets.

jairzinho

He was a beast today in both ends of the pitch. Running hard, throwing himself into tackles, always looking for a forward pass, linking up with teammates etc and had a good assist for the goal.

He's playing a bit more advanced vs Peru than usual. Doesn't stay as much in line with Casemiro as before.

He did. Tite used a diamond with Coutinho as the number 10. Arthur and Casemiro played further behind but Arthur pushed higher up to support the attack. This is the best shape for Brasil IMO, with our without Neymar.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Tite is a pretty conservative coach.

Yet even when he asks the team to go defensive he left Arthur on the pitch and didn't need to take him off for a workhorse sub. It was perfect for Arthur to improve his defensive aspect and instead of just subbing him off at 60 mins every fucking time.

aceshigh

Why shouldn’t he acknowledge it? Dani Alves at least had the decency to comment, and he is not even Messi’s teammate anymore.
It has nothing to do with being lucky or underachieving. It has everything to do with fairness and just.

Brazil today received a penalty which by logic should have given Argentina a penalty too. Arthur is part of this blatant favouritism even if he isn’t the one responsible. Surely he can and should express some empathy and speak up. Especially given it’s his teammate that suffers from it.

Yet he stays meek. What an embarrassment.

Thiago Silva also did not commit a penalty, nor was Jesus second yellow really a bookable offense.

Before you say it was a penalty from Thiago, no, it was not. Fifa changed interpretation for the women world cup and Copa América. It was already being used in Brazil because league starts at start of the year.

European leagues will have this new interpretation next season too.

Refs say there das a photo very similar to the Thiago Silva play in the book given to refs to study current interpretations.

Arm below the body is now considered to support the fall and thus if the ball hits that arm, it's not a penalty.

aceshigh

Daniel Alves did not say Brazil was helped. He said the refs were bad and nervous.

His own play with Aguero, which Messi claimed to be a penalty, is open to interpretation.

Replay shows both him and Aguero looking at the ball. Then zooming in, you see that it's Aguero who steps OVER Daniel right foot.

Finally, it seems Messi is not aware of CONMEBOL robbing Grêmio at Libertadores 2018 to help Argentina have their dream final between Boca and River.

Arthur, being a part of last year Grêmio Libertadores squad until June, is more than right to not fall for Messi stupid and ignorant provocation, for Arthur himself felt CONMEBOL robbing him of a title he would unofficially win for playing the entire group phase, in favor of Argentina.

And Messi the Spaniard says CONMEBOL is ruled by Brazil? Laughable.

Jakabor

Daniel Alves did not say Brazil was helped. He said the refs were bad and nervous.

His own play with Aguero, which Messi claimed to be a penalty, is open to interpretation.

Replay shows both him and Aguero looking at the ball. Then zooming in, you see that it's Aguero who steps OVER Daniel right foot.

Finally, it seems Messi is not aware of CONMEBOL robbing Grêmio at Libertadores 2018 to help Argentina have their dream final between Boca and River.

Arthur, being a part of last year Grêmio Libertadores squad until June, is more than right to not fall for Messi stupid and ignorant provocation, for Arthur himself felt CONMEBOL robbing him of a title he would unofficially win for playing the entire group phase, in favor of Argentina.

And Messi the Spaniard says CONMEBOL is ruled by Brazil? Laughable.
Messi is not a spaniard, dumb cunt. Your derogatory words are not clever either.

Also fuck BRAZIL for being blatantly favored. Messi states the truth, but Arthur is a meek fella who won’t support his teammate. Brazil today received a penalty which by logic should have given Argentina a penalty too. Arthur is part of this blatant favouritism even if he isn’t the one responsible. Surely he can and should express some empathy and speak up. Especially given it’s his teammate that suffers from it.

Fuck Brazil, fuck COMNEBOL and fuck everyone who supports their corruption and ignores what Messi is trying to do.

xXKonan

I fucking hate that cunt Valverde for benching our best mid last season on our most important game
Buckle up because even with the addition of De Jong, Rakitic(Assuming he doesn't get sold) and Busi will have Valverde by the balls again.

Arthur, FDJ and Vidal, Alena and possibly Puig will be forced to fight for one spot on the field. I want to be surprised but Valverde hasn't shown much courage in switching it up unless he is forced to(Players being sold).

Valverde, he doesn't take into account of the players declining legs/abilities, he just thinks "Well these guys are still 30/31 years old! they are still good!" even though not all players age all that well. I was convinced Iniesta would probably have been a starter this season if he stayed.

FCB1987

Banned
Buckle up because even with the addition of De Jong, Rakitic(Assuming he doesn't get sold) and Busi will have Valverde by the balls again.

Arthur, FDJ and Vidal, Alena and possibly Puig will be forced to fight for one spot on the field. I want to be surprised but Valverde hasn't shown much courage in switching it up unless he is forced to(Players being sold).

Valverde, he doesn't take into account of the players declining legs/abilities, he just thinks "Well these guys are still 30/31 years old! they are still good!" even though not all players age all that well. I was convinced Iniesta would probably have been a starter this season if he stayed.

and it's gonna be even worse next season because he knows that he only kept his job because of support from the senior players. No way he'll dare to upset them going forward

BBZ8800

I love how someone completely disappears whenever Arthur performs well.

I watched the match, Arthur played the same as always except that he made an assist in the action where two Peruvian players slipped (in a match where Peru is probably on a level of a bottomtable La Liga team or even worse).
I come here, and replies are: omg, EV an idiot, this match changed the whole universe, lol.

Then you have his all passes, and that is a good old Arthur whom we know.

Further, which you guys don't get:
1. Brazil has 4+1 clear creators AROUND Arthur: Jesus, Firmino, Everton, Coutinho AND Dani Alves.

So, if Arthur decides to play it safe and does his usual "I will pass the ball to someone else who will actually do something in the attacking third", that is not a big problem for Brazil since they will have 5 creators who will do something once when Arthur gives them a ball.
At Barca last season, we didn't have 5 creators around him, but only 2:
Messi and Dembele/Coutinho.
Suarez can't create and pass the ball.
Our other midfielders also can't.
And our Dani Aves are Roberto or even worse Semedo.

So, while I am not impressed at all with Arthur's plays on Copa, those CAN work in Tite's formation.
Now, if you'll copy/paste Arthur's displays from Copa into a team with Suarez in attack and with 3 trees in midfield, you will get a very bad team with very bad results.

Ok fine, we have Frenkie now, but even now that is:
Griezmann, Messi, Frenkie from creators.
That is still only 3 creative players around Arthur, compared to 5 players at Brazil NT.

Also: guys, are you seriously THAT impressed with his displays?
If he weren't our player and if this was some 29 years old dude from Czech republic playing for Schalke, would you really be singing all these songs?
Apart from an assist where two players from Peru slipped (and who played a funky defense all the time way below La Liga level), his all other passes were the same old sideway passes as in Barca.
He made one forward pass in the beginning, but the play was stopped because he elbowed an opponent while trying to make a forward pass, lol.

He can play successfully for us only:
1. if we will play 4231 with at least 4 attacking creators infront of him
2. or if we will play 433 where he will be a pivot or a CM surrounded by a pivot Frenkie and one extremely attacking CAM, like Coutinho (plus playing with 3 creative forwards)

I mean, just imagine a tree Busi, sterile Arthur, Frenkie, and then Suarez in attack.
Yes, it will be beautiful to watch :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mc_lovin

You just have a complete misconception of his football and midfield performances in general. In that compilation he solves plenty of difficult situations in midfield that drive the ball forward e.g. at ~1.20 with a backward pass for example. Comparing him to a 29 years old dude from Czech republic playing for Schalke just shows you have no clue about football at all.

You want Arthur to be more like Özil? Great throughballs, shit midfielder. Pogba? Same, he just doesnt do the basics (aka the stuff Arthur does greatly), but his highlight scenes are insane. Combining both the boring stuff you dont get and the highlight scenes is the making of a generational midfielder (aka Xavi, Iniesta..). Arthur is not there yet, but his overall play is already very impressive. And his passing showed plenty of glimpses.

Edit: Can you name a young midfielder you would rather have?

Edit2: we played our best football last season with a sterile midfield of Arthur-Rakitic-Busquets+Suarez upfront.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

BBZ openly declared he hates Arthur. In his own words: "when players I hate are playing well, I obviously choose not to reply" when asked about going AWOL in this thread a few months ago. Then Arthur gets injured along came BBZ with his dagger lol.

Arthur will retire and he will never be able to have an objective opinion of him, he was like this even in pre-season. His blind love for Rakitic makes him see every other Barcelona midfielder - heck, even Messi of late - as enemies to his darling.

And talking of Pogba, the one who Real Madrid will probably sign, Arthur basically reduced him to be his bitch when we played Man Utd in the Champions League last season. I can't wait to face Real Madrid playing with 10 men, which is what happens with him on the pitch most of the time, next season. At least they will get another Penaldo though, as he's probably a bigger penalty kick merchant these days.

video-paul-pogba-cay-cu-lien-tuc-dap-vao-chan-tien-ve-barca.gif

Last edited:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
i thought Arthur was excellent (on the whole) considering his age and that it was his first season in a new league. He'll only get better.

Home of Barca Fans