Arthur

Sorin

Immense. Feels so good that he is ours. Sky is the limit at just 22 years of age.

Busi seems revitalized by him as well. What a difference it makes for Busi to have a player that thinks and plays like him.

Gnidrologist

what i like was that he almost gave two monumental fuck ups early in the second half that could of led to goals for inter and recovered well and didn't lose confidence.
Yeah, that's a very good sign. A lot of players especially young ones would be out of the game mentally after something like that. Instead he continued doing the same audacious moves and even some more.
Thats how he creates chances, he makes 5 players press him, and he still gets the ball out, which results in a outnumbering counter-attacks.
Yep, that's what some forward pass aficionados don't get. Quite often we have acres of space after getting out of our side, because decent teams try to press as very high. Inter tried and when they failed we had good offensive moves even with some mediocre attacking players that we had today (Coutinho was abd today imo).
Camp Nou showing their dissatisfaction with Valverde when he gets subbed.
Good.
again, the dissatisfaction was towards the ref not giving a yellow to the foul before the sub
Wasn't it just Inter fans whistling him?

EdmondDantes

In come the monster stats:

[tw]1055199444604317696[/tw]

"Arthur vs Inter Milan

95.4% passing accuracy
83 passes completed
8 duels won
3 take ons completed
2 tackles won

One year ago Arthur was dominating in the Copa Libertadores, today he is a key part of Barcelona’s midfield, such a special talent."

--------------

Those 3 dribbles completed are really impressive indeed.

I remember reading a stat sheet of one of his games for Gremio and it read '5 completed take ons' and I thought he would never be able to get near those numbers in Europe but it turns out he can, in a Champions League match, no less.

That midfield 3 with all three players in form made me drool tonight. And Rakitic joined Arthur and Busi in style. Hopefully their legs will be fresh enough for the Clasico!

Last edited:

xXKonan

He's quite something, isn't he?

22 years old and came straight from Brazil and yet he's dominating in the CL matches. Scary to think how good he can possibly become at 25-26 years old.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
What's crazy is how simple what he does is in theory, and yet not a lot of players are capable of doing it. Football really is a game of styles. Some players are natural dribblers, scorers, defenders etc and then you have Arthur, a master of possession.

Givenchy

its crazy to think hes only 22, first season at Barca and like the BTsport commentator said; looks like he came straight out of la masia. hes getting alot of praise all around, we really found a gem here

Centauri B

He is quite sensational, almost reminds me of some Xavi & Iniesta characteristics.

But, he did take some unnecessary risks on 2-3 occasions. Ultimately though, we are very lucky to have discovered this player.

soul24rage

2 first two CL games and big games they were, he already had great performances. Very excited to see how he's going to do vs the likes of modric and kroos.

Felipetonelo

I remember when in Brazilian Cup the game went to penalties, we were playing away, and Arthur was chosen to be the 4th taker. Gremio would be out if he didn't score. Everyone (60.000) was booing at him and the kid was calmly walking to shoot. I think for 99% of the players, that walk would make them really scared. But Arthur remained calm, waited for the ref, waited for the keeper to jump to one side, and kicked in the other one. Easy for him. Every Gremio supporter was like "WTF this guy feels no pressure". We were expecting our old players to step up and lead the others, but a 20 years old was doing that amazingly.

I like to see that everyone is really happy with him. Now you guys understand when me and others brazilians were talking only good things about him. As a Gremio fan I still miss him playing here and seeing him at Arena, but I'm happy for him, he's showing all skills in Champions League, like he used to do here, it's wonderful.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Im seriously just impressed with how he easily adapted to European football. Keep in mind when he played that CL game against Spurs , he was benched in the previous 2 La liga games and only played 90 mins in the last 7 games. I still think Valverde set him up to fail in that Spurs game , but it clearly backfired.

And before someone tells me that Valverde cant be that petty , look how he is treating Malcom because he didnt get Willian.

BusiTheKing

We would have strolled right through that Roma away game with this guy on the field. Can't wait to see how he develops in the coming years.

aceshigh

Looks like a good player. Seemingly unphased by the caliber of the game which is the most important of all at his age and status. May be a steal.

Unfortunately, because of all the idiots with weak mentality that leave Brazil (and mentality is usually a worse problem with Brazilian players than skills), it's hard for a Brazilian club to charge more for a players who had not played in Europe yet.

Mind you, there are some clauses in the contract that will make Barcelona pay $10 million euros more for Arthur in total, as he reaches some marks... Like 10 matches as a starter for Barça, or a starter in an official competition for the Seleção, etc. Even so , it still can end betting a steal.

Look, there are players that you just know will be awesome. I knew Arthur would be the future of the Seleção the first time I saw him play as a professional in the Libertadores 2017.i posted that on the BBC world football phone in group at FB.

I think Ronaldinho was the last Grêmio player I was so sure was a crack. Not Douglas Costa. Ronaldinho.

Home of Barca Fans