Arthur

BBZ8800

I remember when BBZ used to go on and on about players football IQ and would make judgments on them based on that. Neymar, Adama, Deulofeu, Pogba, Alba, Rakitic, etc. were all on his bad side because he would always talk about players with poor football IQ.

I don't know if it was the addition of Paulinho that changed this or if it started even earlier than that, but now he's dropped that completely in favor of muscles. Pretty convenient that players like Neymar and Dembele wouldn't be players he likes either way though :lol:

If you are dumb (IQ) as a player, you can't be a world class player.
About muscles, I always wanted (even in 2005 during Rijkaard) slightly more muscles and thugs when we lost to Chelsea.

About recent Barca, I stopped caring about muscles during Pep, since Xavi-Iniesta-Messi were killing it.
But when we started to suck (even with Messi), I needed some new improvements.
And now we have physical skills as our weakness again, plus no headers and crosses as an additional weapon in attack.

About Raki, I don't believe that I have said that he is dumb ever.
Since he is not.
Alba, Masch, Montoya, Adama, Halil, Deulofeu, Alexis on the other hand... And Neymar in some aspects.

Anyway, I am changing an opinion over time.
If we'll buy muscled guys and if they will suck, I will root for light midfielders again.
But in this moment of time: light midfielders without a few stronger guys is a no-go for me.

Felipetonelo

To be fair to him and others midfielders, this Barcelona is soooo slow that when he gets the ball everyone is man-marked. Busquets was behind him, Rafinha was jogging, Messi and Suarez walking mode and Dembele was the only one moving.

The team that played the friendlies were much more faster, dynamic, and the players were moving without the ball.

Coutinho and Rakitic are doing the same thing that Arthur was doing, so maybe is Valverde's fault.

BBZ8800

To be fair to him and others midfielders, this Barcelona is soooo slow that when he gets the ball everyone is man-marked. Busquets was behind him, Rafinha was jogging, Messi and Suarez walking mode and Dembele was the only one moving.

The team that played the friendlies were much more faster, dynamic, and the players were moving without the ball.

Coutinho and Rakitic are doing the same thing that Arthur was doing, so maybe is Valverde's fault.

Messi and Suarez not moving too much.
Busquets slowing down transition.
Arthur slowing down transition.

Result?
= we have to play against parked buses all the time

We are masters of backpasses and slow sterile possession game though.
We are trying to copy how Spain played at a world cup.

Last edited:

Danic

To be fair, its also Sevialls extreme defensive approach. But ur right, pretty static game.
Arthur still was one of the better playera.

Felipetonelo

Messi and Suarez not moving too much.
Busquets slowing down transition.
Arthur slowing down transition.

Result?
= we have to play against parked buses all the time

We are masters of backpasses and slow sterile possession game though.
We are trying to copy how Spain played at a world cup.

Exactly. You can have the best passers in the world, but if nobody is moving, the ball will reach the player and back, a thousand times in a game. Barca needs players moving without the ball, so the ball can go forward. The team that played in friendlies didn't have superb passers, but they were moving a lot.

Home of Barca Fans