Arthur

Riordon

Its done otherwise something unexpected happens. The club will probably get rid of Gomes, Arda, Rakitic and possibly Rafinha and Denis Suarez. This means we need an overhaul of the midfield. Apparently Goretzka will join next summer with the club monitoring young talents like Houssem Aouar. They have most likely dropped the idea of going after Coutinho.

Devils

I think we'll get rid of Gomes, Arda, Rafinha and maybe Denis (if he wants to leave).

No way Valverde will allow for his favorite pet Rakitic to leave, the only way that happens is if the new midfielders we get perform so well that Rakitic finds himself on the bench and decides to leave himself. Which hopefully happens, but not likely until next season finishes.

Riordon

If we want to cash in on him, we should let him go this summer. He will be 30 by then and Chelsea got 43m for Matic. We should get the same for Rakitic, no reason to keep him for another 2-3 seasons and let his value drop to almost nothing.

Neeraj

It's easy to say Barcelona will get rid of all these players, but for a club who's traditionally been even more shit at selling players than they have buying, I'm not sure we will see the dead weight magically disappear. Brace for a lot of loans and freeze outs folks.

Sorin

Seriously. Short of tattooing Rakitic across his bare chest, I can't see what more Valverde could do to show that he's his number 1.

Pretty much. He is getting as many starts as Messi and Stegen ffs. If that doesn't say Rakitic is glued to Barca, nothing will.

JamDav1982

If we want to cash in on him, we should let him go this summer. He will be 30 by then and Chelsea got 43m for Matic. We should get the same for Rakitic, no reason to keep him for another 2-3 seasons and let his value drop to almost nothing.

Matic was 28 soon to be 29 when he signed for Utd and still seen as a good player in EPL

Rakitic will be 30 1/2 and past his best. Cant see Barca getting even close to 43m for him.

Riordon

Matic was 28 soon to be 29 when he signed for Utd and still seen as a good player in EPL

Rakitic will be 30 1/2 and past his best. Cant see Barca getting even close to 43m for him.

Thats true, Rakitic will be older but I still think he is a superior player to Matic. He is doing good for his national team and seem highly rated among other fan groups, especially those in the EPL. 43m is maybe too much but 30m should be possible if we sell next summer after a decent world cup IMO.

JamDav1982

Thats true, Rakitic will be older but I still think he is a superior player to Matic. He is doing good for his national team and seem highly rated among other fan groups, especially those in the EPL. 43m is maybe too much but 30m should be possible if we sell next summer after a decent world cup IMO.

Cant see getting a lot for a player heading for 31 and dont think he has been that great for Croatia all the time going by comments on here.

Just dont think any decent EPL team would want him and the ones that would he wont go to.

SeloBarca

Seriously. Short of tattooing Rakitic across his bare chest, I can't see what more Valverde could do to show that he's his number 1.

Also listening to "expert" commentators on TV, he apperantly plays very well and has fit into the system perfectly.
Although it was a USA stream, which might have explained it.

Zincubus

Banned

The two players aren't alike but Matic has made a massive difference to United whereas Rakitic ...,

SeloBarca

Rakitic is considered to be really good still among EPL fans and the clubs. Now is the time to cash in if we want a decent sum.

Home of Barca Fans