Arthur

Jombi

Hard to evaluate his talent but let's say it works out, then I would say the deal is fine.
But with him and Dembele in the starting line-up the chase for youngsters should be over. Proven players who have experience are needed too. Griezmann would be the perfect example. No diamond in the rough, no gamble but sheer quality and ideal age. I am also against two young CBs to replace Masche next summer. Mina e.g. in winter would be fine but I would want another experienced CB.

We have plenty of experience though. Busquets, Messi, Pique, Iniesta are all past 30. Alba has played alot of games over the years. Who knows what happens to Luis Suarez and Rakitic. I wouldnt be worried about lack of experience. If the player is good enough, he is old enough I'd say.

Jcar

Where are we getting the space for all these non EU players? Paulinho, Arthur, Suarez, Mina, Marlon(?)...

Are we incapable of scouting anywhere but Brazilian players?

Barcelona needs to go after talent... It doesn't matter the nationality, i agree with you... But what can you do? Brazil has a lot of talent

Gabriel jesus (Manchester City) - 20 years
Gabriel+Jesus+Brazil+v+Equador+2018+FIFA+World+2vN7r6Iglf-l.jpg

Malcom (Bordeaux) - 20 years
RTEmagicC_brazilmalcolm.jpg.jpg

Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid) - 17 years
xvinicius-junior-flamengo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-Ftdh2c1p5.jpg

Guilherme Arana (Sevilla) - 20 years
arana.jpg

Richarlison (Watford) - 20 years
richarlison.jpg

Paulinho (Vasco - BRA) - 17 years
VU-PAULINHO.jpg

I could keep going. Well, i don't know if they are going to be world class, but they definetely have talent.

Spain has a lot of talent as well, as do Europe, but is not strange to go after brazililians (okay, is kinda like pedigree, they all try to find the brazilians magicians). Everyone does and still remais brazilians enough to go for

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Arthur:

"We had a meeting but I want to say that nothing is agreed, there is nothing defined, I did not sign anything, I'm a Gremio player."

"While we did not start to negotiate, if I did sign the contract, yes, I would be a Barcelona player. But that did not happen." [Sport]

God Serena

Barcelona needs to go after talent... It doesn't matter the nationality, i agree with you... But what can you do? Brazil has a lot of talent.

Yeah! Fuck the rules! Let's fill our team with non EU players! It's not our fault Brazil has all the talent! How are we gonna register all of these ineligible players, who the fuck cares, what's really important is we get them on the team!

Like what kind of nonsense even is this?

Jair Ventura

Yeah! Fuck the rules! Let's fill our team with non EU players! It's not our fault Brazil has all the talent! How are we gonna register all of these ineligible players, who the fuck cares, what's really important is we get them on the team!

I think it should be clear at this point that that guy doesn’t actually know anything about football.

Did the joke go over your head? I just copied the guy's comment you previously replied to.

FCBfan22

I think our board moved the transfer of Yerry Mina to the summer, to accomodate the Arthur transfer in the winter. In the summer Suarez can get the Spanish citizenship and we can sign Mina. But even if we complete those two transfers we will probably still need another CB, which needs to be signed in January and a Coutinho/Lemar type player.

Gnidrologist

Arthur:

"We had a meeting but I want to say that nothing is agreed, there is nothing defined, I did not sign anything, I'm a Gremio player."

"While we did not start to negotiate, if I did sign the contract, yes, I would be a Barcelona player. But that did not happen." [Sport]
If i had eaten a cucumber today i would be a man that has eaten a cucumber, but nothing like that happened so i cannot be defined as a man that has eaten a cucumber at this point. I'm not-eaten-a-cucumber person currently. If i had eaten a cucumber, on the other hand, i would be man that has eaten cucumber, but such did not happen therefore i am not man that has eaten a cucumber.

Gotta love interviews with athletes.

Jcar

You asked why Barcelona goes after brazilian with such hungry... Its simple, as i said, it is because Brazil has talent. Barcelona like brazilian talent. One discussion.

Now, about the limit of non EU players, thats another history, other discussion. Did you get now? Barcelona may not have space for Mina, he is a non EU player, not a brazilian. See? Other discussion.

1 - Why Barça goes so much after brazilians - one thing, i answered it
2 - Barcelona don't manage well the balance of non EU players in squad - Another discussion. I have no idea why, who knows? Its Barto

I am not trying to make fun of you dude

God Serena

Did the joke go over your head? I just copied the guy's comment you previously replied to.

:lol: Yeah it did, my bad.

You asked why Barcelona goes after brazilian with such hungry... Its simple, as i said, it is because Brazil has talent. Barcelona like brazilian talent. One discussion.

Now, about the limit of non EU players, thats another history, other discussion. Did you get now? Barcelona may not have space for Mina, he is a non EU player, not a brazilian. See? Other discussion.

1 - Why Barça goes so much after brazilians - one thing, i answered it
2 - Barcelona don't manage well the balance of non EU players in squad - Another discussion. I have no idea why, who knows? Its Barto

I am not trying to make fun of you dude

Reading your posts is very upsetting. How are you gonna try and tell me what a "Different discussion" is when I'm the one who fucking brought it up?

Zincubus

Banned
Arthur:

Is he suggesting that we did actually offer him a contract though - even though he chose not to sign the deal on offer ??

Home of Barca Fans