Arsenal

SwiftGuyver

bad result for Arsenal today. more than likely it will convince Wenger that everything is fine and he won't attempt to sign anyone. except maybe Cabaye who is exactly the type of player Arsenal don't need.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
We don't need to sign anyone though, maybe a striker who would be content being second choice behind Giroud, and a CAM for depth as well, but that's about it.

DavidVillano1

Arsenal certainly need to sign players, today's result doesn't mean otherwise. Good win, but over a season if they don't make signings, it's outside the top 4 for them.

SwiftGuyver

We don't need to sign anyone though, maybe a striker who would be content being second choice behind Giroud, and a CAM for depth as well, but that's about it.

if you don't plan on winning anything this season then yeah you don't need to sign anyone. if you get hit with a few injuries you're going to be in trouble. your starting 11 looks average at best and your bench is laughable. best you can hope for is a top 4 finish and even that could be a real struggle.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
your starting 11 looks average at best

Compared to who? Spurs? Chelsea? United? What position do we need improvement on? Striker? Wait, Giroud has three goals in as many games in the EPL. CB? Wait, Koscielny and Mertesacker have been an amazing duo, and Sagna a more than capable replacement? DM? Wait, Ramsey's in the form of his life and Flamini offers depth. GK? Wait, Szczesny is playing amazing and has made some great saves.

We have a great starting XI, more chemistry than most other sides, a lot of grit and determination, and no problems so far with scoring goals. Sure we lost to Aston Villa, but that happens, we've already left that behind and have been putting in quality performances, despite people predicting we'd lose every game since then.

pEllee

Okay, I'm not deluded, but based on his form during these last months I honestly don't think there are many (if any) better midfielders in the league at the moment. Yes, I am talking about Ramsey of course. He's been incredible for quite a while now but it's crazy, he seems to improve more and more every game.

-

How is the starting 11 average? You'd only say that if you base this on hype and names. But I agree, a few signings would do them good. A better striker, or a backup striker, a backup centerback, or a backup right back and just one player that would automaticly improve the team. One "big" signing and they have the chance to at least challenge for the top three Imo.

SwiftGuyver

Compared to who? Spurs? Chelsea? United? What position do we need improvement on? Striker? Wait, Giroud has three goals in as many games in the EPL. CB? Wait, Koscielny and Mertesacker have been an amazing duo, and Sagna a more than capable replacement? DM? Wait, Ramsey's in the form of his life and Flamini offers depth. GK? Wait, Szczesny is playing amazing and has made some great saves.

We have a great starting XI, more chemistry than most other sides, a lot of grit and determination, and no problems so far with scoring goals. Sure we lost to Aston Villa, but that happens, we've already left that behind and have been putting in quality performances, despite people predicting we'd lose every game since then.

Of course Chelsea have a better starting 11 than you! Haha! Spurs have got a much better squad, they just need time to gel. Chelsea, Utd & Spurs all have better depth.

You should be beating Fenerbache & Fulham and the timing of playing Spurs was lucky because given time they should be a better team and it's not like you completely dominated them today anyway.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
We should be beating them, but for some reason everyone was predicting us to lose. That's all I meant by that.

And at the moment, our starting XI of players is in better form than Chelsea's. The defense for both sides has been great, but we've been much better in attack and a lot more fluid in midfield. United may have better depth, but that'll count for nothing if Moyes can't pick a good starting XI (which atm, he can't). Spurs need time to gel, Spurs need time to gel... Who knows if they even will? Such radical changes to the team's composition and style of play may look good on paper, but how will they turn out? How much time do they need? Nobody really knows.

I hope Wenger agrees with your assessment Semi-Neutral PMSL

Me too

I'd hate signing someone we don't need at all

SwiftGuyver

We should be beating them, but for some reason everyone was predicting us to lose. That's all I meant by that.

And at the moment, our starting XI of players is in better form than Chelsea's. The defense for both sides has been great, but we've been much better in attack and a lot more fluid in midfield. United may have better depth, but that'll count for nothing if Moyes can't pick a good starting XI (which atm, he can't). Spurs need time to gel, Spurs need time to gel... Who knows if they even will? Such radical changes to the team's composition and style of play may look good on paper, but how will they turn out? How much time do they need? Nobody really knows.

Me too

I'd hate signing someone we don't need at all

i'm not talking about 'at the moment' i'm talking about an entire season. if you stay the way you are you will fall short, again. Chelsea & Utd (even with Moyes) are ahead of you. Spurs won't take that much time IMO. Paulinho, Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen etc are all top quality. Dortmund & Napoli are going to cause you all kinds of problems in the CL.

Wenger really does have a lot of Arsenal fans brainwashed even after 8 years of no trophies.

Home of Barca Fans