Arsenal

pEllee

We don't have a DM in the club aside from Arteta. Not even Frimpong, and we sent Coquelin out on loan months ago and can't recall him. The back 4 had zero protection, and a clumsy pace merchant with the first touch of an elephant like Agbonlahor looked like Messi against us. Even Vermaelen who can deputize in that position, is out for months.

It gets even worse from there. Chamberlain is now out for 3 months, Ramsey and Gibbs are out for a couple of weeks, no Arteta till october, and Sagna might have a concussion. We only have 11/23 first team players available against Fulham next week. Bellerin was on the bench today, and might see action sooner than expected if we don't get some signings in.

Wait, even Ramsey and Gibbs? Could you post a link with that information?

pEllee

And even Arteta isn't really a DM either.

He is. I know, he's played in different positions before but he's still a DM. What makes you say that he's not a DM? Because I keep hearing that...

He actually played as a pivote during his very early years. Which you can tell. His positioning and reading of the game is very good.

Robbie

Wait, even Ramsey and Gibbs? Could you post a link with that information?

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/368777308552695809

Compiling all the injury news from press releases, we're going to Turkey (and 3 days later - Fulham, where we lose Koscielny to suspension) with the following Injuries:

DuYqO4y.jpg

It needs to be updated though, since Sanogo and Rosicky are injured too

pEllee

This is becoming ridiculous. It's time to question the physios. Or better, fire them.

Wenger should bring some signings in before tomorrow. He was foolish enough to let many players go without signing any players that could replace them...

EDIT: Thanks for the information though. :)

Last edited:

Jenks

He is. I know, he's played in different positions before but he's still a DM. What makes you say that he's not a DM? Because I keep hearing that....

Because it's not the position he's played for most of his career. As Wenger says, he's not used to it and he's had to adapt a lot.

A

Athletic

So the optimism that losing no major players this summer was enough to comfortably finish 4th is gone already?

I predicted Arsenal to get 3rd this season, but having signed absolutely no1 I think I'm gonna edit that :lol:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well two seasons ago a similar scenario played out and they got 3rd.

Still I think Spurs have definitely caught them from then - and arsenal supporters are burying their heads in the sand if they don't believe that.

Robbie

2 seasons ago, we had a decent bench and still barely scraped by thanks to Spurs inexplicably imploding. Now they've improved with top class players, turning all their weaknesses into strengths, and we've done fuck all. I'm starting to think the money was never there. Wenger is a very competitive manager, and you can see the pain on his face with every loss. He's also classy and takes being the scapegoat to protect a board that constantly throws him to the wolves. Turned down Madrid twice and huge offers from PSG for this?

If we have a disastrous season and he resigns, our board will get found out for the criminals they are.

cloned warrior

i feel sad for the supporters, the board are just cheating fans with false promises to just sell the season tickets on inflated prices!
don't care if they buy a player or not! first thing is they should return the hard earned money of the supporters!
we all know that they cant buy any more players none are left in the market anyway!

Robbie

According to a few newspapers (and on twitter), Chamberlain's injury is much worse than we thought. Cruciate ligaments, apparently. Out for the season

Rf3R0sq.gif

I hate football

Home of Barca Fans