Argentina

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Who's rumored to be taking over now that Sabella is presumably leaving? He did well in his time with the NT but I think a fresh coach with new ideas for the next generation will be important.

Guys like Musacchio, Otamendi, Correa, Iturbe, etc. may have a big role to play in the coming years so it's important that all talents are strongly considered.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Who's rumored to be taking over now that Sabella is presumably leaving? He did well in his time with the NT but I think a fresh coach with new ideas for the next generation will be important.

Guys like Musacchio, Otamendi, Correa, Iturbe, etc. may have a big role to play in the coming years so it's important that all talents are strongly considered.

Tata Martino is the likely successor. I actually think his style fit in better at Albiceleste than Barca. And we probably see new faces in the back like Fazio and Musacchio if Tata takes over.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Argentina has much more talent than Germany does.

What do you mean by "talent"? Guys who are currently still waiting for their break-through on the big stage or general skill level of established players? The English language is not exactly precise here.

King Leo

Banned
Copa América Centenario 2016 will take place in the United States of America. In celebration of 100 years since the inception of Copa America the tournament will have 16 teams. All CONMEBOL and 6 from CONCACAF (Mexico and US already qualified).

Seven american cities are considered to host the games. All will have mega stadiums, the smallest one of which will be the size of the Maracana. I expect high attendance since the sport has gained much popularity among american sport fans. There is consideration to large Latino populations during the locations selection process. Games in Texas and Florida where temperatures in the summer are very high will be held inside closed mega stadiums like the one that hosted the Barca pre-season friendly 2 years ago.

Although 2 years away but I predict this cup will be Argentina's to win.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
I think it should be done on a regular basis. All countries in America continent playing one single tournament, like Asia and Europe. Every 3 years for example. More competition, more attendances and more TV viewers.

Gooch

Tata Martino is the likely successor. I actually think his style fit in better at Albiceleste than Barca. And we probably see new faces in the back like Fazio and Musacchio if Tata takes over.

Argentina has to go the way of Chile, Spain, and to some extent Mexico. They have to boss the ball and leverage their ball-playing and dribbling. They don't have the athletes (unlike the big Euro teams) to defend a lot or play on the counter. Tata seems like a good coach for such a project.

King Leo

Banned
I think it should be done on a regular basis. All countries in America continent playing one single tournament, like Asia and Europe. Every 3 years for example. More competition, more attendances and more TV viewers.

That's the plan I think, once every 4 years. There's problems of profits and TV rights to be sorted out between the two federations. Having 16 countries is a big size tournament with big cost. Based on world cup performance Mexico, US and Costa Rica had incredible talents that will make the tournament very exciting.

The only thing this will take place at the same time as the 2016 UEFA :angry:

20q16hc.jpg

King Leo

Banned
Copa America is 2015-2019-2023, the 2016 one is just an anniversary.

2016 is just a special edition but the inclusion of concacaf is considered based on the success of 2016. It only makes sense. Dont understand the significance of the Gold Cup

zanela

I really hope Sabella can be retained for another year. He understands the pulse of the squad, has organised from back to front, and got messi performing consistently. His tenure has ensured there's harmony maintained in the dressing room, and no untowardly on-pitch incidents. There's a sense of good spirit and solidarity made possible under his tutelage. He's found a winning formula, and having lead them this far will only strengthen his position in the eyes of the personnel. He now knows what works, and doesn't, and the mistakes won't be repeated. Sabella's team has the potential to overcome that last hurdle if allowed to build, as a change at this juncture could disturb the squad harmony and dynamics, thus reducing their efficacy for the challenges that lie in the foreseeable future.
The bench should be renewed with young and hungry, in order to provide competition and to keep the laxing seniors honest. And this team will be a strong contender for the upcoming back-back continental challenges.

Its also imp to note that not all estd/potentially wc players' club form translate on the intl stage. We've seen it happen with Tevez, Palacio, Lavezzi, and Banega. And I feel Pastore and Lamela may soon fall in that category. Its true they 've not been given their fair chances, but I've not been impressed in the times they 've taken the field for the sky blue. Those who go on to shine for the seleccion exude confidence, and aura from day one, regardless of their initial showings. I'm hoping the next gen. of talent have it in them to bring their A game to the NT, and can conquer their fears, and misgivings.

Last edited:

zanela

Messi's co-forwards doing a disappearing act. Very apt. I feel for them however.

One positive of this loss is Rihanna didn't get a chance to taint our #1. :p

King Leo

Banned
I really hope Sabella can be retained for another year. He understands the pulse of the squad, has organised from back to front, and got messi performing consistently. His tenure has ensured there's harmony maintained in the dressing room, and no untowardly on-pitch incidents. There's a sense of good spirit and solidarity made possible under his tutelage. He's found a winning formula, and having lead them this far will only strengthen his position in the eyes of the personnel. He now knows what works, and doesn't, and the mistakes won't be repeated. Sabella's team has the potential to overcome that last hurdle if allowed to build, as a change at this juncture could disturb the squad harmony and dynamics, thus reducing their efficacy for the challenges that lie in the foreseeable future.
The bench should be renewed with young and hungry, in order to provide competition and to keep the laxing seniors honest. And this team will be a strong contender for the upcoming back-back continental challenges.

Its also imp to note that not all estd/potentially wc players' club form translate on the intl stage. We've seen it happen with Tevez, Palacio, Lavezzi, and Banega. And I feel Pastore and Lamela may soon fall in that category. Its true they 've not been given their fair chances, but I've not been impressed in the times they 've taken the field for the sky blue. Those who go on to shine for the seleccion exude confidence, and aura from day one, regardless of their initial showings. I'm hoping the next gen. of talent have it in them to bring their A game to the NT, and can conquer their fears, and misgivings.

Nice post, just a comment on Sabella. He built this team after the failure of the Copa America. He was criticized often for his selection and I honestly had my doubts before the WC tournament that we may not make it to the semi-finals because of our "poor" defence our terrible goalie. Sabella was able to to turn things around and we surprised everyone by reaching the final. Argentina ended up having the best defence and oddly enough "the striking force" that everyone feared was what failed us yesterday.

But one thing I will never forgive Sabella for. Anyone watching the game yesterday knew that Levezzi and the 4-4-2 plan was working, why did Sabella bring Aguero on for Lavezzi!!!? I can never forgive him for that mistake. That and the introduction of Palacio killed us. So while Sabella made a great contribution he whipped everything off with a couple decisions. Can you say that if he stayed he wont repeat these kind of errors again?

Home of Barca Fans