Argentina

Paganinisrvnge

Tevez is a scumbag. So is Lavezzi which makes me happy Sabella hasn't used him in a while. Argentina had no midfield because there was no gago or banega. Obviously Spain have much more depth but in a single match, I can see Messi lighting it up and leading Argentina to victory.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Tevez is a scumbag. So is Lavezzi which makes me happy Sabella hasn't used him in a while. Argentina had no midfield because there was no gago or banega. Obviously Spain have much more depth but in a single match, I can see Messi lighting it up and leading Argentina to victory.

Lavezzi is being often as a sub.

J

jtmx12

And this is the Argentina that's way better than the 2010 one?... and that is going to win one of the next 2 world cups? Okay....:tito:

J

jiopi

di-SR6M.gif

In Saudi-Arabia they call that freekick. :lol:

Paganinisrvnge

And this is the Argentina that's way better than the 2010 one?... and that is going to win one of the next 2 world cups? Okay....:tito:

1. It was a friendly
2. No Banega, Gago, or Higuain
3. Saudi Arabia actually played pretty well
4. That should have been a penalty at the end.

AURELIUS

Errrr........... ?????

Have you actually bothered watching Argentina play this year ? They've been impressive as a unit and playing very well.

Yesterday the players did not look interested and it was a very sloppy performance with several new faces thrown in after just a single training session. It as other games have shown was a ridiculous time to play friendlies.

What surprised me though was Messi not chasing the records he could have broken. Then again as he has said ,isn't interested in records. Grondona will no doubt be happy with another million pounds in his bank account.

AURELIUS

di-SR6M.gif

In Saudi-Arabia they call that freekick. :lol:

He does get there first the keeper. A matter of intepretation. I don't know but perhaps they didn't want to offend or upset the hosts. It was a truly terrible game. Argentina at full pelt would steam roller Saudi Arabia.

King Leo

Banned
Argentina played without an effective midfield.
Franco De Santos should never be called again even if Pepita is injured.
Saudi after loosing big to Spain came out and played really well.
disorientation was everywhere and not a standard Argentina game to be measured by.

ShandyFFM

it was only a friendly no competition at all.. saudi arabia was super motivated.. and messi and co dosent seemd to be interested in... only walking no running.. although i still got some complains... coloccini should be a garanted starter with his strenght for argentina masch should play with gago or banega .. if both are fit the midfield should looks like gago,banega,di maria and the defense should be zabaleta, masch, coloccini, rojo ... up front higuain, kun, messi ... think this would be the bst for argentina... but still not sure if a player like d alessandro or aimar could help them more..

Ursegor

World Champion
Not sure if Gago and Banega should play together. That combination has never worked in the past if I remember correctly. Playing together every week for Valencia might change that now maybe. I'd just drop Gago once Banega is fully fit and play Di Maria in the attacking midfield role though. Banega >>> Gago and Di Maria shouldn't be dropped. He delivers lots of energy, defensive hustle and dribbling in midfield. Better balance than Banega-Gago.

Agüero Higuain
Messi
Di Maria Banega
Mascherano
Rojo FF Coloccini Zabaleta
Romero

Not sure about Coloccini. If HBA were here I'd ask him about Coloccini and he'd tell me that he's the best defender in the world, I guess. :pep:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Not sure if Gago and Banega should play together. That combination has never worked in the past if I remember correctly. Playing together every week for Valencia might change that now maybe. I'd just drop Gago once Banega is fully fit and play Di Maria in the attacking midfield role though. Banega >>> Gago and Di Maria shouldn't be dropped. He delivers lots of energy, defensive hustle and dribbling in midfield. Better balance than Banega-Gago.

Agüero Higuain
Messi
Di Maria Banega
Mascherano
Rojo FF Coloccini Zabaleta
Romero

Not sure about Coloccini. If HBA were here I'd ask him about Coloccini and he'd tell me that he's the best defender in the world, I guess. :pep:

No bias either.

J

jiopi

He does get there first the keeper. A matter of intepretation. I don't know but perhaps they didn't want to offend or upset the hosts. It was a truly terrible game. Argentina at full pelt would steam roller Saudi Arabia.
He doesn't clear or get the ball enough, the ball finally bounces of from Aguero when the keeper scissors him, so it's not really question of an interpretation, not at least when the foul is awarded. But yeah, he obviously didn't want to give a penalty for the home audience.

AURELIUS

The CONMEBOL u20 tournament for qualification for next summers u20 World Cup takes place in Mendoza and San Juan in January. After 2 previous disappointing efforts in 2009 and 2011 ,hopefully under the direction of Marcelo Trobbiani and Tata Brown the pibes can make it to Turkey.

If they do players currently in Europe like Federico Cartabia, Juan Iturbe, Alessio Innocenti, Paulo Dybala, Mauro Icardi and Lucas Ocampos will all be available for selection.

The current selection is:
Goalkeepers:
1- Andres Mehring Colon de Santa Fe
12-Walter Benítez Quilmes

Defenders:
4- Eros Meraglia Velez
2- Facundo Onraita Independiente
6- Lautaro Gianetti Velez
3- Lucas Rodríguez Argentinos Juniors
13- Alan Aguirre Boca Juniors
14- Lisandro Magallán Boca Juniors
15- Jonathan Valle Newells Old Boys
16- Carlos Ruíz River Plate

Midfielders:
5- Matias Kranevitter River Plate
10- Manuel Lanzini River Plate
11- Ricardo Centurión Racing Club
17- Pablo Carrera River Plate
18- Erick Remedi CA Banfield
19- Agustín Allione Velez
20- Alan Ruíz San Lorenzo

Forwards:
9- Luciano Vietto Racing Club
8- Lucas Romero Velez
7- Lucas Melano CA Belgrano
21- Giovanni Simeone River Plate
22- Carlos Luque Colon

Lanzini will be expected to direct midfield with Kranvitter the tough man in midfield alongside another brilliant prospect in Adrian Centurion.

Goals shouldn't be a problem with Vietto and Simeone upfront and Carlos Luque who excelled as a scoring winger at the u17 event. Mehring is a giant and pretty capable keeper. Several of the players like Valle have already played in the Primera. Noticeable is the appearance of players from outside of BA and the strong contingent of Velez players. A testament to their sound youth policy and the way the club is run.

A small reminder of how a certain Lionel Messi took Argentina to glory in 2005 in Holland beating along the way rivals like Germany, Spain and Brazi:

Hopefully the pibes can match this. Lanzini and Centurion are exceptional talents and Simeone and Luque are not far behind along with Kranevitter. Carlos Ruiz is the youngest member of the squad aged just 17.

Last edited:

AURELIUS

Yacob shone once again for the baggies. Sabella, take note.

He has been doing very well Zanela. He mght have a job of getting in should Banega wake up though. I would not be surprised to see a 'bigger' club than WBA who are themselves historically a very big club come in for him.

I hope the rumours that Manchester United are looking at Erik Lamela are just that. Zeman is doing a great job of nurturing him.

Home of Barca Fans