Argentina

AURELIUS

I am still waiting on pekerman to coach messing again.

No chance and certainly not while Don Grondona is in charge. At times Argentina have recently shown patches where they have matched what they were playing in 2006-7 with neat one touch passing football and playing as a unit from front to back and vice versa.

Sabella has had a lot of work to do to reverse five years of decline from the Copa 2007. Yet again he is proving to be an astute tactician although some of his player picks have been a tad questionable as being a former Estudiantes player seems to help.

AURELIUS

Don't forget that the CONMEBOL u20 tournament starts today with Argentina taking on Chile in Group A in Mendoza at 2245 GMT.

Plenty of talented players to keep an eye out on from Doria of Brazil to Vietto of Argentina and others like Diego Rolan of Uruguay. All the fun of the fair as with most South American football.

King Leo

Banned
I think Argentina is due to play a friendly against Sweden in three weeks. Are there any Argentina or Messi fans from this forum going to Stockholm for the match? This is a good match for Argentina to test their form.

MVBarcaFan

I think Argentina is due to play a friendly against Sweden in three weeks. Are there any Argentina or Messi fans from this forum going to Stockholm for the match? This is a good match for Argentina to test their form.

Messi vs. Ibra. Should be a fun match.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

I live close to Stockholm :p

Probably won't see it though, haven't got any tickets

jamrock

uardametas: Mariano Andujar (Catania), Sergio 'El Gato' Romero (Sampdoria) y Cristian Álvarez (Espanyol).

Defensas: Federico Fernández y Hugo Campagnaro (Nápoles), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle), Ezequiel Garay (Benfica) y Cristian Ansaldi (Rubin Kazan).

Centrocampistas: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Fernando Gago (Valencia), Fabián Rinaudo (Sporting Club), Éver Banega (Valencia), Ángel Di María (Real Madrid), Enzo Pérez y Nicolás Gaitán (Benfica), Augusto Fernández (Celta) y Walter Montillo (Santos).

Delanteros: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Gonzalo Higuaín (Real Madrid), Ezequiel Lavezzi (París Saint-Germain), Sergio Agüero (Manchester City) y Franco Di Santo (Wigan).

Sabella's section gets better with each announcement cant complain much about this list.

ShandyFFM

All Valencia at the moment. Madrid are camped inside their own box and the hosts are playing the ball around the penalty area looking for an opening. Banega the orchestrator.

against real at the moment very nice said hoope to see him back in action so leo can improve more for argentina

El Guaje

So, do we have any swedes wholl be goin to the game? Ill be going to the game, but Id also like to get a photo with atleast one of the players :p

So, im wondering if anyone of you guys/girls know about a site/twitter page/whatever that informs their readers about when a player is at the airport and about to travel to a destination. I know that barcastuff usually does that, i remember that ive read several times something like "Messi and Mascherano are currently traveling to destination X in order to catch up with rest of the Argentina NT"

So i figured id try to look for info about when Messi/Aguero/Higuain will be going to Sweden, drive to Arlanda airport and camp at the arrivals-department. A friend of mine got to meet the Serbian NT that way and take a photo with Ivanovic. So if anyones interested, lets try and keep our heads up for any announcements.

King Leo

Banned
First Half of yesterday's match against Sweden was very Barca like. The passes!! wow. I kept asking myself, when did the players get the time to practice tiki-taka like this? Too bad Messi was robbed a goal in 2nd half but it was a joy to see Argentina continue their progress towards the WC. Few more things to tweak like defense which looked better but still not at the level we need it to be in next year. Germany and Spain remain the teams to beat (although Argentina won against the Germans few months back). Very happy for the Albicelestes.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
First Half of yesterday's match against Sweden was very Barca like. The passes!! wow. I kept asking myself, when did the players get the time to practice tiki-taka like this? Too bad Messi was robbed a goal in 2nd half but it was a joy to see Argentina continue their progress towards the WC. Few more things to tweak like defense which looked better but still not at the level we need it to be in next year. Germany and Spain remain the teams to beat (although Argentina won against the Germans few months back). Very happy for the Albicelestes.

The defense is Barca without Puyol-like, that's for sure.

That offense is a machine, I don't really think it's stylistically that close to Barca except for the over the top skill level, but it's good. Don't forget Argentina was passing like that even before Barca was, so to call that team a Barca clone doesn't do justice to the country that practically invented modern skill football.

That defense though...I fear the traditional flop vs Germany if they keep allowing soft goals.

Home of Barca Fans