Antoine Griezmann

Messi983

Arda was also workhorse at atletico, would griezmann put same effort at barca, maybe yes maybe not, but we shouldnt expect that he will run like in atletico under simeone, messi would also run more there. Coutinho was also covering alot more space at lpool then here, here he gets criticized that he is lazy. Seems to me that players at barca feel relaxed while collecting best wages that they could get

He wouldn't run as much but still don't see him becoming another Arda here.

I don't really care too much that he's a drama queen and what he did last year but I would still prefer to get Jović for half the price.

Raketa10

I would sign Griezmann but only if that means benching Suarez. Dembele-Griezmann-Messi attack would be awesome. :2thumbsup:

On the other hand if signing Griezmann means benching Dembele than NO! Dembouz is the type of player who brings something else to this team. He is fast, young and exciting to watch. Griezmann-Suarez-Messi is slow and uninspiring attack not to mention I don't want to see Griezmann on the wing. He has to play in front of Messi like Suarez is doing right now.

So if we look at him as a replacement for Suarez one big YES if we intend to play him on the wing than one big NO from me.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I would sign Griezmann but only if that means benching Suarez. Dembele-Griezmann-Messi attack would be awesome. :2thumbsup:

On the other hand if signing Griezmann means benching Dembele than NO! Dembouz is the type of player who brings something else to this team. He is fast, young and exciting to watch. Griezmann-Suarez-Messi is slow and uninspiring attack not to mention I don't want to see Griezmann on the wing. He has to play in front of Messi like Suarez is doing right now.

So if we look at him as a replacement for Suarez one big YES if we intend to play him on the wing than one big NO from me.

Griezmann is not a No.9, period. Did you ever watch him doing well as the lone striker up front?

MTL_Barca

Deschamps tried him as a 9 but since he has the same tactics as Valverde it didn't work and he moved him behind Giroud. And because 4 strikers was too offensive for the more defensive approach he even dropped Dembele to play Matuidi out of position.

Could see this develop the same here, some weeks into the season and Suarez-Messi still play together every game while Griezmann either took Dembeles spot playing out of position or sitting on the bench as Cou 2.0.

IMO that scenario is way more likely with Valverde than him dropping Suarez to play with a false 9 and get 2 players to work who naturally occupy the same space.

michelco

think of all the movies he and pique can do though. LA DECISÓN 2: Cafe con o sin leche?? LA DECISÓN 3: Sandwich con jamon o con queso??? LA DECISÓN 4: WHAT FORTNITE DANCE TO USE WHEN SCORING GOAL?? ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES

Givenchy

think of all the movies he and pique can do though. LA DECISÓN 2: Cafe con o sin leche?? LA DECISÓN 3: Sandwich con jamon o con queso??? LA DECISÓN 4: WHAT FORTNITE DANCE TO USE WHEN SCORING GOAL?? ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES

take the L dance at the Bernaleo after scoring the 5th goal to complete a manita

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Seems a daft move at this point and considering how poor the acquistion of Coutinho was thought out, hopefully cooler heads will prevail in considering a player who already turned Barcelona down. He is not a #9 and he does not want to play as a winger any longer which means he'd occupy the same space as Leo

The positives, particularly when compared to Coutinho, for example is that Griezmann is proven in Spain and mentally is not a fragile player. If nothing else, this should be a major criteria when seeking out transfer targets (i.e. De Jong, De Ligt etc)

Raketa10

Griezmann is not a No.9, period. Did you ever watch him doing well as the lone striker up front?

He could play as no.9 for Barca without any problem. Our no.9 was always different than usual no.9. He needs to participate more in the buildup and that’s something Griezmann can do perfectly. I have bo doubts he would score plenty of goals here and would contribute much more in buildup than Suarez ever did, not to mention he could easily switch positions with Messi during games.

Vilarrubi

He could play as no.9 for Barca without any problem. Our no.9 was always different than usual no.9. He needs to participate more in the buildup and that’s something Griezmann can do perfectly. I have bo doubts he would score plenty of goals here and would contribute much more in buildup than Suarez ever did, not to mention he could easily switch positions with Messi during games.

Exactly... he's not a classic number 9 but we don't need that either.

Andresito

Staff member
Can't see how Messi and Griezmann are going to work out unless Griezmann occupies the right flank.
And for that I'd rather have Dembouz together with Semedo.

Messi either has a pure 9 in front of him, or a right winger next to him.

Home of Barca Fans