Antoine Griezmann

Pfmpd1

Depends. We don't know if the board even wants a striker. Griezmann was too good to pass, but we can manage with Messi Suarez rotating, there's Paco as a backup whom we might replace. I'd myself go for someone tall, good in the air. Mandzukic maybe? That's just me.

Names we have been linked with, Eriksen (not a striker, see it sounds strange in the context, was talking in general) and Griezmann, they are not coming. We know nothing right now.

Tbh if you wanted to get eriksen then this summer would ve the time to do it.

Levy wont sell cheap but he has a £850m new stadium.

I didnt think you needed a new striker either tbh, you would be better off looking for players to get into the midfield for the years to come.

Devils

Reports saying the offer we gave to him was a 15m salary and refused to move from that when he asked for 20m.

Can't really blame him for his decision.

He can decide whatever he wants. It's a bitch move to delay the announcement that he is staying.

He said it himself the decision was already made before June 12 and possibly quite a few days before June 12.

He could have released Barca's 100m many days earlier.

George_Costanza

Hi George.

Going after the best players in the world usually involves competitive wage negotiation as other clubs will be offering these players high wages as well. When Atletico can offer wages that far out-compete anything Barca can offer, there is really no way Barca will come out on top.

Hi Devils.

You are still missing the point. While money is part of the game, but us targetting players or to be more precise mercenaries who are in the game only for the money and the lifestyle like Neymar and Griezmann is the wrong policy by Barca's board. Those players wouldn't lose any sleep over missing important games in a crucial month over sister birthday party for example. I remember Redknapp once asked by a journalist before playing Chelsea if his team (he used to manage Spurs at a time) knew that the last time Spurs won at Stamford Bridge was 20 years or so ago. His reply was: "If I said to Assou-Ekotto we have not won at Chelsea, he wouldn't have a clue, He probably doesn't even know we are playing Chelsea tomorrow until we tell him later on. And that is genuine. He wouldn't look at the fixtures. He would turn up and say, 'What time is the coach tomorrow, gaffer?' And that is it. And he will be here, but he wouldn't be sure if we were going to Arsenal or Chelsea."

We don't need players like Neymar and Griezmann because we are more than just a club or we used to in the past. I hope you get it now!

khaled_a_d

Time to give Dembele the #7, and Coutinho #11.

That number 7 should be retired, it is fuckin cursed :lol:

P-L-A-N-N-I-N-G

lol

Let's be fair here, Griez was never coming before 1st July. Knowing that he is staying 16 days before that is actually good for all parties. That doesn't sound like bad planning at all.

We are already linked with midfielders and defenders. Sold Gerard for good deal and it seems Marlon to follow. Not bad considering it is June 15th

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That number 7 should be retired, it is fuckin cursed :lol:

Let's be fair here, Griez was never coming before 1st July. Knowing that he is staying 16 days before that is actually good for all parties. That doesn't sound like bad planning at all.

We are already linked with midfielders and defenders. Sold Gerard for good deal and it seems Marlon to follow. Not bad considering it is June 15th

I'm a bit worried about what they'll do now. Ajax are hell bent on keeping de Jong until 2019 which I would agree to if we can lower the fee. Arthur won't come before January as Gremio's President said. MD and Sport are not trustworthy even when getting fed news by the board as we saw the last few days. Gone quiet around Lenglet, but perhaps we should look into other options too. Someone like Pavard if we want a young defender or de Ligt, but same problem there and would be expensive.

What would you do? Go after two midfielders and a CB? Potentially a GK if Cillessen leaves and a LB if Digne leaves.

Which two midfielders in that case? Eriksen as their big name signing and Thiago for 60ish million?

I would do that tbh, and then sell Rakitic in 2019 and Paulinho then too if possible or perhaps keep him until 2020 if he can prove to be an actual workhorse instead of a glorified false striker or whatever you want to call him.

Last edited:

Sorin

He's already a City player. Napoli just posturing so they can buy a replacement before the money from City comes and they are forced to pay more for any player because other clubs will know they have the dough.

Morten

A proper troll, this guy, his goal celebrations should have been a warning.
Anyways, glad Barca didnt get him, even though they can now focus on the midfield instead.

khaled_a_d

I'm a bit worried about what they'll do now. Ajax are hell bent on keeping de Jong until 2019

Well that is the reason the transfer window last for 2-3 months and some deals are even made within few last days within the window. It takes three parties (buying club, selling club and player with his agent) to make a deal. You don't control it,and hence it is long period. You don't finish your window in June unless you just pay what clubs and agent wants.

I don't know if they have a plan, I think Abidal will have one and I prefer if he is the one making the moves now not in July

What would you do? Go after two midfielders and a CB? Potentially a GK if Cillessen leaves and a LB if Digne leaves.

I am not sure if this is a metaphorical question directed to the club or an actual one directed to me; but if it is the later I would say there is no simple answer

1- I would continue selling our unneeded players to EPL and continue making money from them

2-While EV is flexible with his formations, I would tell him with no Griez you have to make a decision of which preferable formation for the team whether it is 442 or 433 and depending on it I will plan my window.

2a-If it is 442 then we need a striker, see if the market have someone that we think can replace Suarez? or we will have to live with him for another year until someone pop up
In such case we don't need to pay zillions for a midfielder, Thiago and Eriksen doesn't fit that roles, De Jong and Arthur might fit it more while Raki and Busquets is your best bet in midfield anyway unless we somehow find the next Kante

2b-If it is 433 then a midfielder or two is surely needed, Eriksen probably will be our go to guy in such situation, Thiago also although I am not high on him.

3-Regardless formation, we need a new CB

4-We need a replacement for whoever leave obviously, whether it is Cillessen or Digne

5-We also need to decide who is worth what, for example is De Jong is as good as what [MENTION=12906]DonAndres[/MENTION] think he is? if this is the case you pay what you need to get him, or is he just a jack of all trades master of non kind of player that will be important in squad but not a starting midfielder, in such case no need to pay Ajax their current demands.

6-Before any of this, we need to decide what we have in Barca B and who can be beneficial for the team

Raketa10

[youtube]VvU3wTxeLC4[/youtube]

Agreed.

I wanted him here but boy was I wrong. By looking that charade yesterday I realized how stupid and shallow this guy is. Just improve midfield (go for Thiago and Eriksen) and with Coutinho, Deblele, Messi and Suarez up front we can crush anyone. Maybe this will turn out to be the best thing that could happen to us so early in June while we still have a plenty of time to react.

Look at this, they destroyed him! YOU ARE NOT THAT GOOD! HE IS SO FULL OF HIMSELF TO MAKE THE VIDEO BUT NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE THE BIG MOVE! :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/sbjXedDIMZE

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans