Antoine Griezmann

George_Costanza

Is Thiago and Eriksen our best options? Eriksen seems unavailable for now. The most realistic seems Thiago.

I was against Griezmann transfer from the beginning. It will only make the team unbalanced and loaded with attackers. Dembele will suffer too.

I'm actually happy we didn't spend 100m on this attention seeker clown. Money should be invested in Thiago (more realistic) or Eriksen.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Don't let this distract you from the fact we still need to replace Suarez. Contrary to popular belief, THIS is just as important as 'fixing' the midfield.

This is not true. They can replace Suarez internally if they get two mids by playing a trio of Coutinho, Messi and Dembele.

Barca have no starting WC mid right now. They have Coutinho who is less than ideal CM, much better as LW; and they have Rakitic who is not good enough.

It is imperative Barca secure one WC mid and at least one future mid, preferably two.

George_Costanza

Don't think there was much wrong with our approach.

We clearly planned this months ahead of the transfer window, negotiated with him and told him of our plans and communicated we wanted him to win the CL...at the end of the day Atletico offered him way more money than we could and he took it.

Sometimes there are factors outside of Barca's control that will influence transfers, this was one of them.

This was clearly a money game that Barca was never going to win.

Of course something wrong with our approach. We are trying to buy/bought a wallet leech clowns like Neymar, Griezmann, and Verratti who will suck Barca's wallet dry

FinBarcelonafan

I was against Griezmann transfer from the beginning. It will only make the team unbalanced and loaded with attackers. Dembele will suffer too.

I'm actually happy we didn't spend 100m on this attention seeker clown. Money should be invested in Thiago (more realistic) or Eriksen.

I think you're right. Even if we get worse player than Griezmann it can benefit us more than Griezmann in position we don't need more players. We need good midfielders and 100 mil we should be able to find one.

Devils

Of course something wrong with our approach. We are trying to buy/bought a wallet leech clowns like Neymar, Griezmann, and Verratti who will suck Barca's wallet dry

Hi George.

Going after the best players in the world usually involves competitive wage negotiation as other clubs will be offering these players high wages as well. When Atletico can offer wages that far out-compete anything Barca can offer, there is really no way Barca will come out on top.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It's a moot point about Firmino. Barca isn't taking another player from Liverpool less than a year after the Coutinho saga. Specially not after them netting 140M for Coutinho and then going to CL finals. They'll be looking to build up and they have the funds.

Porque

I will admit, I didn't expect Griezmann to stay. But fair play to him, he used the reduction of the clause and Barcelona's interest to get Atletico Madrid to make him an incredible offer. I am pretty sure that had he not had them by the balls that he would never got the deal that he did.

In the end, Griezmann didn't just turn down the offer of Barcelona, but all of Europe's major clubs that would have been interested. Which is weird, as there were no rumours of interest from the likes of Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea for months- only Barcelona. Suggests that behind the scene's it was kind of known that Griezmann would stay while the Barcelona papers were selling the lie.

Pfmpd1

Oh, you are a Liverpool fan. I forgot.

For us? Doubt it will be interesting.

Indeed, i mean, you were about to spend €88m, £75m?

I am genuinely interested to see what striker you try for next. I imagine it wont be a top name player at that price, but who knows what figure Barca can afford on one player again?

Joan

Indeed, i mean, you were about to spend €88m, £75m?

I am genuinely interested to see what striker you try for next. I imagine it wont be a top name player at that price, but who knows what figure Barca can afford on one player again?

Depends. We don't know if the board even wants a striker. Griezmann was too good to pass, but we can manage with Messi Suarez rotating, there's Paco as a backup whom we might replace. I'd myself go for someone tall, good in the air. Mandzukic maybe? That's just me.

Names we have been linked with, Eriksen (not a striker, see it sounds strange in the context, was talking in general) and Griezmann, they are not coming. We know nothing right now.

Home of Barca Fans