Anthony Martial

Jombi

To be fair to him, it's not like it's easy to do so when you're played out of your best position to accommodate Rooney and your team struggle creatively wise.

He's still showed he got the potential to become one of the best strikers in the World in the future and has done really well in a new country and league at that age.

He played as a striker today and wasnt good. He did well in the beginning, but the "new Pele" tags might have been premature IMO.

Jombi

I haven't seen anyone seriously call him the new Pele.

People were talking about him as he could become better than Messi and Pele. I think we have to say that it was premature based on what he is showing now, even as a striker I think Andy Carroll was better than him today, and that's saying something.

JamDav1982

People were talking about him as he could become better than Messi and Pele. I think we have to say that it was premature based on what he is showing now, even as a striker I think Andy Carroll was better than him today, and that's saying something.

Who was saying that???

The british press can hugely over exaggerate but cant remember that being claimed by anyone.

J

Jamie Cal

Yeah, no one was saying that. Iirc, Redknapp said the last time he saw someone play as well at his age was Messi. But other than that, the press has/had been pushing 'next Thierry Henry' pretty hard.

Morten

We will see what time has in store for him. He havent been as good as he was in early games of the season, but its not easy to create/score alot for this stale United side either.

Sterlingfan2000

Coman and Leroy Sane are equal to him at the same age. Coman and Sane are better in 1v1 then martial, the latter is more intelligent and has far superior shooting technique

khaled_a_d

Who was saying that???

The british press can hugely over exaggerate but cant remember that being claimed by anyone.

The biggest thing I read that he is the best at the of 19 years old footballer since Messi .
Never read anyone expecting him to be better .even the English press realize they can't make comparisons with Messi that easy

Falcao

I see people saying he's a number 9 or he isn't and should be playing on the left. Simply at the moment he's a very talented player still just learning his trade and unfortunately our attack isn't currently functioning well which isn't helping. Nobody said he was the new Pele lol.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

I see people saying he's a number 9 or he isn't and should be playing on the left. Simply at the moment he's a very talented player still just learning his trade and unfortunately our attack isn't currently functioning well which isn't helping. Nobody said he was the new Pele lol.

But people were pretending as if his transfer fee were justified because he scored a few goals early.

BerkeleyBernie

Another calm mature finish today, in the box collecting a rebound surrounded by defenders. Cold blooded, remarkable for his age.

Home of Barca Fans