Anthony Martial

oggydude

It's ridiculous how he has been shifted wide so Rooney cannot be dropped, especially as Mata and Herrera are suffering because of it. Our best finisher should be in the box.

Jair Ventura

It's ridiculous how he has been shifted wide so Rooney cannot be dropped, especially as Mata and Herrera are suffering because of it. Our best finisher should be in the box.

He's arguably better on the wing though. Even when United first brought him over one of the questions the French had were how you'd chose to utilize him given he and Memphis are both strongest out left.

But I agree with your sentiments, he's your best attacking player at the moment and should have preference over Rooney in the middle of that's what's best for the team.

Martindn

Martial is amazing. He could be the best striker in the world some day.

Yeah got it all plays like hes 24, wish he was actually playing as striker though hes not involved enough out wide always losing the ball with Rooney there. Hilarious how quick the talk of the fee stopped.

Last edited:

xXKonan

He's been great for United.

He would even be better if he wasn't so wasted on the wings. it still baffles me why Rooney has to be the lone striker (Or even be on the field) he's been dire.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

United's best player by a distance right now. He's surprised me with his ability to take on defenders. I've noted this before but he seems to have a lot more space to work with at United, soon defenses will have to regularly double up on him as City did today.

Martindn

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal admits he doesn't know what Anthony Martial's best position is yet.

The 19-year-old French international has scored five times for the Reds, but has found himself playing out left in recent games with Wayne Rooney up front, something that has frustrated the club's supporters.

The Dutchman said: "He played always in Monaco as a left winger and I have to see what is the best balance in the team. We have played him in the striker's position, but in Monaco he played more or less at the left-wing."

Talks about balance and then playing him on the wing. This guy is literally being stifled there, double teamed and still makes shit happen for Rooney to fuck up. It is anything but balanced right now this whole Martial situation is the first time ive been genuinely annoyed with LVG, too stubborn the team is crying out for him in the center.

Last edited:

Falcao

Van Gaal said that on Saturday. Today he said that Martial will almost certainly develop as a striker. This whole Rooney situation is a delicate one for him to handle, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what he says.

Home of Barca Fans