Andres Iniesta

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"
1) Irrelevant as people say last season was Iniesta's best season and say he is one of the best yet he only got 5 goals and 10 assists. Fabregas last season was injured longer had one of his worst seasons yet got 3 goals and 13 assists.

2) Fabregas contributes much much more, 4 goals and 9 assists in 7 games for Arsenal this season, almost better than Iniesta's contribution for the whole of last season. On top of that Fabregas is playing with inferior players at Arsenal, imagine what Fabregas could on if he was playing at Barcelona.

At euro 2008
Fabregas: 1 goal + 4 assists
Iniesta: 0 goals + 2 assists (playing more minutes as well!!)
Clearly Iniesta getting picked ahead of Fabregas has absolutely nothing to do with his contribution and ability but team politics.

3) Much better than Iniesta.

Lampard is miles better than Iniesta.

Lampard drives his team making others around him better. Iniesta is merely a system player, who only looks good because of players like Henry, Messi and Xavi around him at Barcelona and players like Xavi, Torres and Villa around him in the Spain NT. Put someone like Arteta in Barcelona in place of Iniesta and Areteta will be just as good as Iniesta with the players around him, let alone Lampard.

Last season for club
Iniesta (best season): 5 goals + 10 assists
Lampard (not his best season): 18 goals + 18 assists
Enough said!!!!

But fab's like the Xavi at Arsenal(not as good) so he's the main playmaker, he's really the main one to assist goals(same go with Lamps), put a iniesta in arsenal to work with him and see how many more goals you score Iniesta is a very unselfish and very smart player.
Iniesta works with xavi in attack to contribute to scoring goals, he does exceptional work and how isn't he like lampard then, iniesta does exactly that, he pushes attack, he creates space and between him and xavi theres 30assits btw.One of the main reason arsenal does sh*t last season was because they have a crap Mid eccept for fab. But i do give credit to fab he great player but you can't say he's better than Iniesta

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Ohh, Justin Justin. "Put someone like Arteta in Barcelona in place of Iniesta and Areteta will be just as good as Iniesta"?

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"
Ohh, Justin Justin. "Put someone like Arteta in Barcelona in place of Iniesta and Areteta will be just as good as Iniesta"?

GOD!! I miss that, that would have saved him some embresment.

:lol: Btw good work for putting your sig as that ZenI.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Ehhh??? i beg you pardon, lampard is better than iniesta?? well, that's new. Oh yess, of course....that's why england won euro '08. Sorry, my mistake.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Don't know why you're responding to him, he's clearly a WUM who doesn't watch Barca. Anyone who does knows Iniesta always assists the assister.

maz

I walk the line
Im not arguing on his points about iniesta..i mean lets be honest it's not worth it. Im just interested on his points about zidane.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Ahh missed that, thought he was only talking about Lampard. He's already totally undermined his own argument regarding Zidane though.

maz

I walk the line
I was joking..""3) Much better than Iniesta." was his 'argument' about why zidane is better than iniesta.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Lampard is miles better than Iniesta.

Lampard drives his team making others around him better. Iniesta is merely a system player, who only looks good because of players like Henry, Messi and Xavi around him at Barcelona and players like Xavi, Torres and Villa around him in the Spain NT. Put someone like Arteta in Barcelona in place of Iniesta and Areteta will be just as good as Iniesta with the players around him, let alone Lampard.

Last season for club
Iniesta (best season): 5 goals + 10 assists
Lampard (not his best season): 18 goals + 18 assists
Enough said!!!!
I can't deny that I have a certain Lampard sympathy. Looks like a very intelligent bloke, good ethics, normal person.

He is a great midfielder but he doesn't have the capabilties Andres has. He has blatantly more power though, and the amazing ability to score goals from 30 metres due to at least two deflections. That's why he gets that 18 tally.

Iniesta makes that players like Messi, Henry or Eto'o last year could be called world class. Who brought the ball to Eto'o in the final? Who toyed with Madrid on the midfield (on his own, not even Xavi to pass with)?

Lampard is very useful, Iniesta is just plain awesome and has that little extra. Just like players as Kaka or Zidane.

mobster_1930

I can't remember the last time a saw Lampard scoring outside the box. Lampard is great professional, but Iniesta is also and he's more talented.:iniesta:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I can't remember the last time a saw Lampard scoring outside the box. Lampard is great professional, but Iniesta is also and he's more talented.:iniesta:
Well, it's pointless to deny that Lampard has a better shot and scores more often.

But that ain't Andres his role in Barcelona.

jamrock

1) Irrelevant as people say last season was Iniesta's best season and say he is one of the best yet he only got 5 goals and 10 assists. Fabregas last season was injured longer had one of his worst seasons yet got 3 goals and 13 assists.

2) Fabregas contributes much much more, 4 goals and 9 assists in 7 games for Arsenal this season, almost better than Iniesta's contribution for the whole of last season. On top of that Fabregas is playing with inferior players at Arsenal, imagine what Fabregas could on if he was playing at Barcelona.

At euro 2008
Fabregas: 1 goal + 4 assists
Iniesta: 0 goals + 2 assists (playing more minutes as well!!)
Clearly Iniesta getting picked ahead of Fabregas has absolutely nothing to do with his contribution and ability but team politics.

He scored less goals at the euro's, yet he started more games and by all accounts was the better player.

lets look at both their records for Spain in major championships.

WC06, Cesc starts more games was considered the better player, spain Fails.

Euos 08, spain comes to their senses, he takes cesc spot in the Starting XI, spain win their 1st major championship in years.

Confed cup, iniesta injured, everyone is worried as to how they will replace him, cesc starts, spain fail.

could it be that despite all his goals, iniesta is just the better player and offers more to the team than cesc does, I'm just asking.

Zidane scored way less goals that his counter parts, at his best, but he is still consider to be better than them all.

when your a midfielder its not about scoring goals, its about controlling a game and creating through your play(when i say creating it doesn't mean proving an assist), and this is something, iniesta has been better than cesc at doing since their days in masia.

just ask yourself, how highly would cesc and lampard be rated, if they didn't score goals the way they do?, that right now where near as highly as iniesta is rated, because his game offers more than there's ever will

just watch the bosnia game for a perfect example, inesta was brilliant, but didn't score a goal are made an assist. but he controlled and created like few can.

much the way zidane would control and create in a game, not saying he is as good as the great man, but he is the closest thing to him playing today.

but your an EPL fan, so you measure greatness in goals scored, so all this means nothing to you, but the masses all know who the better player is, so shut up are join the wagon.

Home of Barca Fans