André Gomes

The Destroyer

Andre Gomes should be backup for Busquets he has similar build and style though he is not as good positionally as Sergio he has a better eye for a pass and young to enough to improve, I don't like him in CM and really wouldn't mind seeing Alena brought in gradually in the coming months I have been really impressed with the YouTube vids I saw of him.

God Serena

Andre Gomes should be backup for Busquets he has similar build and style though he is not as good positionally as Sergio he has a better eye for a pass and young to enough to improve, I don't like him in CM and really wouldn't mind seeing Alena brought in gradually in the coming months I have been really impressed with the YouTube vids I saw of him.

Gomes has a better eye for a pass than Busquets?

:lol::lol::lol:

serghei

Andre Gomes is a midfield talent. You watch that pass he made at the end of the game with Sociedad and that is a perfect pass. First touch, backheel, not too hard, not too soft, just a brilliant pass. He has moments where he shows the same elegance and imagination as an Iniesta or a Zidane. Only problem is that he shows flashes of brilliance in between moments of confusion and silly mistakes. But make no mistake, if he gets more confident and stop making silly mistakes, he is a potentially 100m. player.

I trust him completely and consider him to be untrasferable for at least 2 more seasons.

It shocks me that some users here turn a blind eye to some flashes of absolute brilliance that he DOES SHOW, even if he is far from being used to our system and the way we play. He is, if you may, similar to a Martial, in that the potential he has could make him one of the stars of the game in the next two seasons.

But I am not surprised. People here said Tello is a better player than Alexis Sanchez, and right now Sanchez is rated at about 80m. while Tello plays god knows where. Sometimes a player is absolute quality but doesn't show it as much as he should and as much as his talent allows him to.

Last edited:

The Destroyer

Look I know that but I'm trying to give Andre some confidence maybe one day he can reach the level of Busquets is what I'm saying. I see potential why do you want to beat up on one of our own players?

Last edited:

Potroh

Look I know that but I'm trying to give Andre some confidence maybe one day he can reach the level of Busquets is what I'm saying.

Gomes is not reading this forum, so "giving some confidence" this way is a bit off.
The better solution is to talk to your TV set, the result will be the same...

Potroh

You know he isn't reading? I'd rather be one of the nicest guys on the forum than a meanie like yourself.

Your chances Gomes reading this forum are a bit less compared to Trump reading our seasoned thoughts, as the latter is at least known to be close to social media...

I'd rather be one of the nicest guys on the forum than a meanie like yourself.

If you wanted to be one of the nicest guys here by your sentence: you made it man.
The next step is to upload your early evening photo to judge if you could also run for our beauty contest!

BBZ8800

At least Denis was only 3m too.... not 50m

Denis was a good buy, but his price was way more than 3M.

We paid 1,5M to City for him, then 3,5M to Villareal (and maybe some more money for all those loans and cancelling deals?).
Plus, even if it is only 5M for these 2 transfers, Man City will earn a lot of money in terms of additional fees.

"According to Mundo Deportivo, on top of the initial flat fee Barcelona paid City, they were also contracted to pay a further €800,000 when he became part of the first team and then an additional €800,000 for each 10 official matches he plays up until his 100th appearance.

If every payment is triggered, the total fee will reach €10.4m."

So, it is 5M till now, then 0,8M to City for Denis becoming a member of our first team, then 0,8M for each 10 matches played for Barca until he plays 100 official matches.
He is currently at 17 official matches this season. By the end of a season, he will come to 30+ matches.
That is 2,4 additional Millions for Denis this season. Plus those 0,8M for becoming a first team player.

In 3 years, if he'll play around 30 matches per season, it will be:
1,5M to City
3,5M to Villareal
0,8M to City for becoming a first team player
8,0M to City for playing 100 matches for Barca.
= 13,8M in total, plus did we pay some money to Sevilla/Villareal when they broke those loan deals?

So, people often say that Gomes was 50M and Denis was 3M, while in reality, it is closer to: Gomes 35-40M and Denis 15-ish M.

khaled_a_d

Denis was a good buy, but his price was way more than 3M.

We paid 1,5M to City for him, then 3,5M to Villareal (and maybe some more money for all those loans and cancelling deals?).

1-there was no money for cancelling the loans,the buyback option with Sevilla was supposed to earn them 3M difference (they can buy him for 6M and we can buy back for 9M) and Villarreal just payed those 3M directly to Sevilla to buy him from us :lol: and gave us 3.25M buy back.

2-And I won't count those 3M as paid for Denis really,they were basically add-ons on Rakitic deal to make it work. but instead of putting them on trophies or playing time we put them on developing our youngster,the reality is Rakitic costed us 21M not 18M (which is still good damn deal)

3-If we count Denis add on then shouldn't we count Gomes add ons which could realistically add 10M for the deal? so it will be counted more as 45M not 35M.

That said I hate when people put too much on the money spent on the players,just too much pressure and it makes it almost impossible to like a new addition in the team unless he is an absolute bargain.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not true mate. From the latest batch: Umtiti.
2014: Suarez. Etc.
People were very excited about Arda too until he failed miserably.

SeloBarca

Your chances Gomes reading this forum are a bit less compared to Trump reading our seasoned thoughts, as the latter is at least known to be close to social media...

If you wanted to be one of the nicest guys here by your sentence: you made it man.
The next step is to upload your early evening photo to judge if you could also run for our beauty contest!

Its "alternative facts"

Home of Barca Fans