André Gomes

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Denis plays different position and out of position.
Rakitic plays different positions and out of position.
Rafinha plays different positions.

ronniecro

i mean he didn't contributed to anything except that one assist if i'm not mistaken,he didn't improved our midfield,i understand that he is new here and that it takes time to get around our style of play but for a player that costs 40 millions i expected much more
my only hope is that he will be better next season like arda

Messi983

Denis plays different position and out of position.
Rakitic plays different positions and out of position.
Rafinha plays different positions.

They all have more than just 6 months of playing experience in Barça system.

Rakitić has only played as a DM in let's say around 10 games overall during his time at Barça, he played other games as RCM. Denis played for Barça B before so that helped him with his adaptation and he also has experience playing as a winger or wide midfielder from his time at Sevilla and Villarreal. And I think Rafinha in midfield has not really been that much better than Gomes this season but of course most people will give him a pass because he's La Masia player and not a 30M buy.

F

FlaFCB

He'll be 24 this summer and he isn't contributing anything that Carbonell or Alena couldn't.

Just call Mendes and let him sell his pretty boy in epl.

That's the silver lining about Gomes. If he doesn't fit in, mendes won't let him leave on loans, hopefully. He'd get him sold for a good fee.

Richard.H

He just doesn't bring anything to the midfield. He's way too slow to get back during counter attacks and his passing is nothing special. I seriously don't know what Lucho sees in him. At least when Denis plays shitty, he can still rely on his speed and acceleration to track back.

Vilarrubi

He just doesn't bring anything to the midfield. He's way too slow to get back during counter attacks and his passing is nothing special. I seriously don't know what Lucho sees in him. At least when Denis plays shitty, he can still rely on his speed and acceleration to track back.

At least Denis was only 3m too.... not 50m

God Serena

They all have more than just 6 months of playing experience in Barça system.

Rakitić has only played as a DM in let's say around 10 games overall during his time at Barça, he played other games as RCM. Denis played for Barça B before so that helped him with his adaptation and he also has experience playing as a winger or wide midfielder from his time at Sevilla and Villarreal. And I think Rafinha in midfield has not really been that much better than Gomes this season but of course most people will give him a pass because he's La Masia player and not a 30M buy.

Eusobio's Barca B was a dramatically different team from Lucho's Barca. The days where a La Masia player could come to the first team and fit in because they know the system died when Tata Martino came to the club. There's a reason we don't see any more Cuenca's and Tello's or Munir's on the team sheet, and it's not because we're not producing "World class" players like that anymore. I only see this used as an excuse for why terrible young players come here and play terribly in comparison to our own canteranos but I just don't see it.

A big, high profile signing like Gomes should be able to give us more than what Gomes has given. His price tag should not allow him more leniency than one of our own players. Imagine if he was promoted from Barca B this season and not bought for 35m. He'd have almost certainly been loaned out by now until he improves and comes somewhere close to his potential. He does about as much for the team as I'd have expected Samper to. Slow, average, and unable to impact a game, but has potential and a good football IQ. Why, then, was one loaned out, while the other gets to underwhelm us week after week? I get that the money makes it difficult to judge them with equal standards, but since that's the case, I'd go as far as to call Gomes a waste of money.

serghei

That's because Lucho is using him in all three midfield positions which all require very different tasks of him. It's hard to adjust and learn to play one position let alone three. He's versatile enough to play any role adequate but I think until he's totally comfortable in our system Lucho should use him at one position. LCM is the role that fit him the least from what I've seen so far. But don't make a mistake. He played as LCM yesterday on the paper but his role was nothing close to Iniesta's. He was actually a second DM alongside Masche.

This is true, and I agree.

Potroh

A big, high profile signing like Gomes should be able to give us more than what Gomes has given.

True but are folks waiting for wonders here instead of using their eyes?
He gives what he is capable to. Period. He can't and will not give more because he is simply not that good.
Proved that in his previous club, in the EC and for several games in Barca now. Those who are waiting for an angle to land on his shoulders will certainly be baffled...

God Serena

True but are folks waiting for wonders here instead of using their eyes?
He gives what he is capable to. Period. He can't and will not give more because he is simply not that good.
Proved that in his previous club, in the EC and for several games in Barca now. Those who are waiting for an angle to land on his shoulders will certainly be baffled...

Well Real Madrid wanted him so he has to be World Class.

I've actually seen that one used as a defense lol

Raketa10

Honestly he has some good moves every now and than but apart from that he is nowhere near what we would have expected from Barca midfielder.

Rakitic is also slow but he has great football IQ, he has good shot from the distance and he is good in defense not to mention he can provide a really great pass. For now Gomes has nothing of that. His shot is totaly imprecise, he is terrible in defense, his passing is worst of all our midfielders and he is tottaly unable to adapt to our system.

I really can't understand what Barca and Real saw in this guy. I really hope he proves us wrong but I am afraid he will end up being a big disappointment. :(

That said yesterday's game was for me one of his better ones (appart from that mistake) since he had some games where we didn't even know he was on the field. Until now his ONLY very good game was that against City when we lost 3-1.

Last edited:

MIXA

We now have to play 2 games against Atletico with this guy in the midfield. Good luck to us, and more importantly good luck to Gomes. I think that he is really going to need it.

Home of Barca Fans