Alex Song

Robbie

not a single injury in past 2 years and just a couple of minor ones over his career. he just doesn't have a lot of muscle on his bones probably. but you never know with injuries. maybe some cules would finally really start to appreciate busquets when he will face a long term injury. anyway, i can't see song starting over masch anyway in pivot, although there's the thing with the defence on the other hand. damn keiteeeee......

Jack Wilshere was almost never injured in the academy or reserves, and he played over 50 games for the first team (in 1 season) -- starting almost every single one and playing till the final whistle. Now he has been out for over a year. Young players burn out, and playing too often (especially now that Busquets was just at the Euros) might cause a stress fracture or ACL if he falls the wrong way.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I wish we had a retweet function on this forum so I can retweet this.

It seriously is disturbing though, it seems like Barcelona can't go more than a year without spending a questionable amount of money on an Arsenal player that has nothing to do with team need, it's been going on since Overmars.

Robbie

I wouldn't call it investment when it always happens late in transfer windows and involves us losing an important player. Also, 8-million for Hleb after the season he had in 2007 was practically a gift to Barca

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I wouldn't call it investment when it always happens late in transfer windows and involves us losing an important player. Also, 8-million for Hleb after the season he had in 2007 was practically a gift to Barca

When another team finances your stadium, I would be careful about talking about them. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Co0ter

I honestly don't see anyone from the youth team being ready to take Keita's role on the team. JDS is ok, but he's just another midget. Sergi Roberto has just not convinced me, I've seen more bad than good imo.

I'd really rather go into the ranks to fill in that void for a midfield player, I'm just not sure who or if that should be from the academy. I'd really rather not spend money on that sort of utility player.

Rather save it for a CB, or if Barta turns out to be good enough (b/c imo Fontas is slow and not good enough) save it for Neymar.

Robbie

When another team finances your stadium, I would be careful about talking about them. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I'm starting to care less about that the more we go without trophies. That 2007 team was 4 points away from winning the title. It was systematically dismantled by other clubs offering more money/success to our best players. I just wish we had time to build before the vultures come circling around. Every summer we look like improving, "a team finances our stadium" and we're back to square one

Der Kaiser

I honestly don't see anyone from the youth team being ready to take Keita's role on the team. JDS is ok, but he's just another midget. Sergi Roberto has just not convinced me, I've seen more bad than good imo.

I'd really rather go into the ranks to fill in that void for a midfield player, I'm just not sure who or if that should be from the academy. I'd really rather not spend money on that sort of utility player.

Rather save it for a CB, or if Barta turns out to be good enough (b/c imo Fontas is slow and not good enough) save it for Neymar.

Wait, you say we need a new Keita, but JDS and Roberto arent good/physical enough and there's noone in the B team we can promote, and THEN say you dont want us to spend on a new DM? Doesnt
make sense to me.

Theres nobody who can cover Busquets on the level we want to play at ("win every game") so a DM is exactly what we need this summer. Just imagine how fucked we are if Busquets is injured and we have to play vs Real. JDS against Mourinho's bloodhounds in midfield? Please no!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If the only options are song and jm then I'd prefer to wait until someone decent comes along

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I'm starting to care less about that the more we go without trophies. That 2007 team was 4 points away from winning the title. It was systematically dismantled by other clubs offering more money/success to our best players. I just wish we had time to build before the vultures come circling around. Every summer we look like improving, "a team finances our stadium" and we're back to square one

Yes, it hasn't been particularly fruitful I agree but what happened happened, at least this year something is being done against the normal occurrences with Arsenal. Point being is that your club is not in a serious financial situation and is in fact very healthy. You could have been here with trophies some might argue but all I can say is that debt is tricky and the future doesn't look bleak.

Co0ter

Wait, you say we need a new Keita, but JDS and Roberto arent good/physical enough and there's noone in the B team we can promote, and THEN say you dont want us to spend on a new DM? Doesnt
make sense to me.

Theres nobody who can cover Busquets on the level we want to play at ("win every game") so a DM is exactly what we need this summer. Just imagine how fucked we are if Busquets is injured and we have to play vs Real. JDS against Mourinho's bloodhounds in midfield? Please no!

I was basically saying that I'd prefer to use someone from our cantera as a DM and bring in a WC CB rather than vice versa. However I wish we had better options from our cantera b/c I don't see JDS or Roberto ever being WC.

Abidal went through cancer and Puyol is getting old and has obviously lost his already declining pace from the knee injury. WC CB is priority for me, an average player to replace Keita will be the price.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I like Song, reminds me of Yaya (i miss Yaya). Don't know if he could play CB at Barca, but I'm sure he is one of the best DM's/box-box midfielders for our system. We could even play Busquets in the Xavi role and Song on DM if we need extra strength on midfield or if Xavi is tired or injured. This will also let us play Cesc more attack minded, which we need since I think he is the best goal scorer after Messi (which is really sad - but I hope Villa will make an impact). Anyway, I'm all in for this signing if there is any truth to it.

Home of Barca Fans