Aleix Vidal

Jombi

the price you pay for electoral signings is this .. Lucho didnt need arda or vidal , Partemou needed electoral signings and Lucho did him a favor by his bullshit claims : " oh it was me who wanted those two players "

Vidal and Arda are electoral signings?

They were never anything to be excited about.

Total-Football

Vidal and Arda are electoral signings?

They were never anything to be excited about.

how are they not ? a club in a tight Financial situation suddenly decide to throw around 65 M + wages on 2 players whom we gonna use for 4 mounths .. that doesnt make sense .. it does tho if a presidential position is at stake
ps : they cant get anyone exciting because exciting players wont wait 6 mounths without playing football , suarez is a special case he was Under sanctions

Barcilliant

how are they not ? a club in a tight Financial situation suddenly decide to throw around 65 M + wages on 2 players whom we gonna use for 4 mounths .. that doesnt make sense .. it does tho if a presidential position is at stake
ps : they cant get anyone exciting because exciting players wont wait 6 mounths without playing football , suarez is a special case he was Under sanctions

These signings were never going to get the fans drooling. Arda and Vidal are not marquee names.

If it was Pogba and some other big name it would be different.

BarçaBarça

I don't put that much into the 'Douglas picked over him', because it is more a sign of Roberto being trusted at right-back over him. He judged neither Vidal or Douglas would have a chance of getting minutes, and then chose to send a signal to Vidal.

Lucho like to make statements when he can both to players and the board - like substituting no-one, because lack of quality on the bench, or selling Deulofeu because of lack of defensive work (sends a signal to the rest of the players). Therefore I think this must be a signal to Vidal to do better in training, that he must give 110 % to surpass Roberto or even Alves at RB.

The question then is why he apparently is not training good enough, but Lucho must think that an attitude-change to being more competitive could help him, and this is what he is trying to provoke with the team-selection.

Messi983

I still believe in Vidal.

I think Lucho selecting Douglas and Adriano over him in matchday squad is just his way to show the world they are still alive so we could get rid of them in summer. :lucho:

Jombi

I don't put that much into the 'Douglas picked over him', because it is more a sign of Roberto being trusted at right-back over him. He judged neither Vidal or Douglas would have a chance of getting minutes, and then chose to send a signal to Vidal.

Lucho like to make statements when he can both to players and the board - like substituting no-one, because lack of quality on the bench, or selling Deulofeu because of lack of defensive work (sends a signal to the rest of the players). Therefore I think this must be a signal to Vidal to do better in training, that he must give 110 % to surpass Roberto or even Alves at RB.

The question then is why he apparently is not training good enough, but Lucho must think that an attitude-change to being more competitive could help him, and this is what he is trying to provoke with the team-selection.

But Vidal's biggest strength is his work rate, determination and hard work. Thats how he moved from the lower league level to La Liga at such an old age. If he is not picked, I think it is more likely that he simply doesnt have the quality, rather than him not showing effort in training.

It probably wont stop Lucho from going after Vicente Iborra and Roberto Soldado though. La Liga players looking for their last big contract is always welcomed by Lucho.

Last edited:

xXKonan

[tw]723473796859068417[/tw]

Seriously what happened behind the scenes? Vidal doesn't strike me as someone who slacks off in Training.

Devils

Doesn't look good for him at all.

Again it would be a damn shame if we was sold in the summer because of this. He looked really good in the time that he played and we barely even got to see him.

spark

But Vidal's biggest strength is his work rate, determination and hard work. Thats how he moved from the lower league level to La Liga at such an old age. If he is not picked, I think it is more likely that he simply doesnt have the quality, rather than him not showing effort in training.

It probably wont stop Lucho from going after Vicente Iborra and Roberto Soldado though. La Liga players looking for their last big contract is always welcomed by Lucho.

Adil Rami is also in the right age threshold. Sevilla also bought him for 3 million so we cant waste any such opportunity to secure him for 7 times the amount.

xXKonan

Left out at Depor: The reasons behind Aleix Vidal's Barcelona ostracism...

The coaches have not been totally happy with the full-back, who was left out at Deportivo. SPORT can reveal why his participation has dipped off and what he has to do to turn around his own 'mini-crisis'

Aleix Vidal has become one of the biggest talking points at FC Barcelona. He arrived at the club last summer after a spectacular season with Sevilla. Luis Enrique wanted him as his right-back, even more so with the possibility that Dani Alves could have left the club. After finally being registered in January, Aleix Vidal had an important role, but his participation has diluted. And it all has an explanation: The coaches feel he's shown a lack of competitiveness when he's had a chance and that he can do a lot better than he's been doing.

He's already adapted to the club. His characteristics indicated that he could be an important signing for Barça from the off. He's a winger converted into a full-back, a position he helped Sevilla win the Europa League in. He has the ability to join in in attack, with a great cross, but he can also defend. His profile perfectly fitted in and he adapted to the club's training sessions quickly. But on the pitch, he has not got off the ground.

Luis Enrique gave him chances in January and Aleix Vidal performed well in the Copa del Rey, but his performances dipped off and his last game starting was against Getafe on March 12. Since then, he's been left in the dark, left out of certain matchday squads as a clear touch of attention. The most recent being against Deportivo, when Douglas was chosen ahead of him.

The player knows to what he owes this situation and he understands he must improve. To play for Barça comes with a price and Luis Enrique has clearly shown him the path. Improve his levels or he will no get minutes in a Barça shirt. Despite the fact the situation may seem tough, the coaches still have confidence in Aleix Vidal, a player that cost close to 20 million euros.

They are clear on the fact he's a player with quality, a player who is good enough to play for this Barça. Everything is in his hands for things to return to normal. Vidal has understood the message and won't give up. He will take responsibility and fight more than ever for his place - there are no doubts that his future is at the club. The club, as of today, aren't planning on letting him go. It's a mini-crisis which, perhaps, will soon come to an end.
http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...hind-aleix-vidals-barcelona-ostracism-5076534

Devils

Nice.

If true, I like Vidal's attitude. Hopefully he proves what a lot of us already know he is capable of.

xXKonan

It's puzzling to see Vidal left out for Douglas vs Deportivo.

But I do wonder if Vidal, got a bit overconfident in the RB Hierarchy when he was signed. (Just a Hunch here) before Lucho played Roberto at RB his only Competition for the second spot in the Hierarchy was a aging and injury prone Adriano, Douglas who wasn't Barca quality and Montoya who was dropped kicked by Lucho and sent on loan. With Roberto being converted into a RB during Preseason and early in the season I wonder if Vidal thought that was Temporary until he got to play in January.

So January rolls around and Vidal got to play and while he showed some Glimpses of what he can do he also struggled in the Defensive aspect of the position and at times he looked lost on the field. by mid March Roberto overtook Vidal in the Pecking order for the RB position.

It's more or less Lucho and the coaches telling Vidal if he wants to be the first one off the bench for Alves he needs to really earn it. Roberto may be a Midfielder but he worked his ass off all season to earn his spot on the team and trusted Utility player off the bench and in this case Vidal probably knows this and working harder and harder for it.

Home of Barca Fans