Aleix Vidal

barcanuck

One of the reasons we have had a miserable second half is because our two signings haven't picked up any of the slack AND Rafinha has been injured all year. The 3 prime subs were expected to be Roberto, Arda, Vidal. Now we can only really count on Roberto sadly. Just 5 more games looking grim for the new boys.

Mitchell1978

Again not part of the squad, i don't get it, he wasn't brilliant when he played but not that bad either, certainly in a game against Gijon he could be of service

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't buy that not working hard enough piss. He was in the squad a few games ago so something must have happened between him and Lucho.

Admittedly we can't watch the training sessions, but if someone like Douglas and Adriano who keep walking around and not helping out in the actual games, is ahead of him then it must be something else.

And in that case, his days might be running out at this club.

J

Jamie Cal

Totally agree.

Messi983's point that maybe we're putting Adriano and Dougie in the shop window is feasible, especially since Lucho seems happy enough to have Roberto comfortably ahead of both and wants to give him minutes.

My guess is he's not happy with his squad status and thought he'd be a starter, or at least ahead of Roberto (who played 2 games at RB in March). Seemed a little disgruntled with his Spain comments back then too.

Kohe321

It's getting really odd. Lucho wanted Vidal, didn't he? What has the guy done to deserve getting excluded from the squad again and again?

This whole thing seems like it could be playing out like some 80's high-school movie or something. Vidal is new to the team and unknowingly takes Lucho's seat at the cool table and eats his lunch in the Barca Cafeteria. Now there's hell to pay...

"\_.:lucho:._/"

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It's getting really odd. Lucho wanted Vidal, didn't he? What has the guy done to deserve getting excluded from the squad again and again?

This whole thing seems like it could be playing out like some 80's high-school movie or something. Vidal is new to the team and unknowingly takes Lucho's seat at the cool table and eats his lunch in the Barca Cafeteria. Now there's hell to pay...

:lucho:

Who knows. It could just be an attitude thing or him not looking up to scratch in training.

Lucho did ask for him but things can change very quickly. Just look at Pep with Ibra.

xXKonan

An article on Mundo Deportivo on Vidal. (Quick and bad translation by google.)

Aleix Vidal again left out of the list for the match against Sporting Gijon, unequivocal proof that Luis Enrique is still not satisfied with his performance in training. The coach also wanted to apologize to the player not in the previous one. "My calls and alignments and say a lot about what you want to do," he said before the game Sporting and after the absence in the call for Aleix also on the list for Riazor.

After this strange absence for the game against Depor, who was even noisier by the entry in the list of Douglas, the environment of the player showed his interest in learning from the mouth of qualified representatives of the club the reasons for the ostracism of Aleix Vidal. Not with a desire to push, but to know if there were any hidden Luis Enrique decisions that part of the footballer had to know why. Since the club, the response to this situation Aleix Vidal was unequivocal. "It is time to talk but to work hard for the remainder of the season. They are decisions of the coach and is entitled to take them, "they explained MD sources barcelonista entity.

Since the environment of the player, no desire to controversy and another clear message in this case totally optimistic and positive sense: "Barca will hold Aleix many years." That is, it sees following the Catalan club beyond next summer, cutting the rumors about a possible departure. In fact, in Seville there is even talk that the club would be willing to repescarlo Nervion.

Thus, the positions are clear. Luis Enrique expects more of the defense, the player knows he will give much more, the club fully supports the technical and sees no reason to explain his agent and the environment Aleix passes page trusting in the triumph, sooner or later, the side Catalan. The next decision on Luis Enrique Vidal, in the previous game against Betis.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...-vidal-no-se-plantea-su-salida-del-barca.html

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
From August. Even back then, Lucho doesn't look too happy.

giphy.gif

Maybe Aleix didn't invite him to his party?

xXKonan

I think the annoying part of this is Vidal who willing to come here sacrificed 5 months of game time to wait for our ban to be over and he got to finally play only to be mysteriously benched and left out of the squad a short time later.

I think everyone wants to know what happen. was it a Personal thing? or was it a case where Lucho feels like Vidal hasn't impressed enough Defensively and he feels like Roberto and Alves are better at this point?

I just hope Lucho hasn't completely scorned him as I would love for him to play more.

Last edited:

MasChe

was thinking similar thing just now: Vidal wasted almost a whole year of his career after joining us.
Must be hard for him when you think about it. Just hoping for the situation to get better. He seems like a nice guy.

Messi983

Maybe Lucho is doing something similar to him that he does to Pique at the start of last season? I just hope he can get to his best level next season. No way we should already give up on him.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Lucho's gonna personally grow this mans cojones so big, he'll run at full speed for 90 minutes and after a game vs Las Palmas, he'll swim across the sea back to Barcelona.

He's gonna get a proper schooling.

J

Jamie Cal

Can't see him playing til the end of the season now. We have one game a week and he's been out of the loop long enough that there isn't really a need for him.

Making the squad is a different story, though. If he doesn't make the squad by the end of the season and Douglas does, I see him going.

Home of Barca Fans