Aleix Vidal

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

Double sigh ... :facepalm: :troll:

Okey I'm a bit tense these days, my girlfriend is in her bad week and clasico is approaching.. but please, stop attacking anyone saying anything that isn't compliments to our players, we're not bashing anyone, just a harmless opinion, and it's not like Arda or Aleix read the forum and will have their feelings affected, the forum is here for this, give our opinions and discuss them, doesn't mean we're calling for anyone to be benched or sold.

PhilS

I think Aleix can be superior on offense than Alba, maybe he already is. I love the way Aleix carries the ball into the middle, and he has excellent nerves with his passing. Alba is very good on offense, but I think Aleix can be one of the very best. But Alba is an excellent defensive fullback, much more effective than any defender that small should be. I'm not sure Aleix will ever defend well enough to get big minutes with this team.

Kohe321

Copying my post from the match thread:

Well, Aleix has been struggling defensively and he would have to cover Cristiano and Marcelo a lot, which could get ugly. I think Lucho wants Roberto to be the substitute at right back in this game, and probably wants to use Rafinha in midfield at some point if things are going well. Having Alves, Roberto and Aleix in the squad is a bit unecessary if this is his plan, as you don't need three players who can cover the RB position in the squad at the same time, and doubly so if you don't trust one of them defensively and the match is against Real Madrid. Bottom line is that he simply wouldn't play tonight except in the unlikely event where Alves and Roberto gets injured.

I really like Aleix and think he has many qualities that can be great for us in the long term. Hopefully he can improve on the weaker aspects of his game that is keeping Lucho from playing him more.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I don't think Vidal is good enough for Barca, sorry. I'm starting to fear him and Arda were bad transfers, like Hleb and Chygrynskiy bad.

barcanuck

Very strange though, he was being played a ton in January. This could of been a good game for him to start since Dani was playing South American qualifiers. Must of screwed something up for Lucho to not trust him.

Kohe321

Let's hope not, the last thing we need now is needing to reinforce the RB position as well. That's our entire backline needing strengthening then. I really am hopeful that Vidal will turn into a great RB for us for years to come.

J

Jamie Cal

I'm concerned too. While I thought he was progressing well-ish and looked alright at RB, I thought it strange recently when Sergi Roberto was getting the nod to play at RB a few times recently. Not that Sergi is bad (obviously not), but you've got to wonder what Aleix's role is when that's happened. That and the comment about 'it's hard to get in the Spain squad when you don't play at your club' has me a bit worried. Rafinha wasn't gonna offer us anything last night, it's great to have him back but that was never gonna be a docile environment to work him back in. I'd be surprised if Aleix becomes Dani's successor now.

gasgas

I'm concerned too. While I thought he was progressing well-ish and looked alright at RB, I thought it strange recently when Sergi Roberto was getting the nod to play at RB a few times recently. Not that Sergi is bad (obviously not), but you've got to wonder what Aleix's role is when that's happened. That and the comment about 'it's hard to get in the Spain squad when you don't play at your club' has me a bit worried. Rafinha wasn't gonna offer us anything last night, it's great to have him back but that was never gonna be a docile environment to work him back in. I'd be surprised if Aleix becomes Dani's successor now.
Sergi Roberto is much better and balanced at RB

FC B

Lucho clearly doesn't rely on him. I rember Roberto starting ahead of Alves and him, now Alves over Roberto and Vidal. Should consider selling and try his luck with another RB like Bellerin.

Home of Barca Fans