After our draw vs. Villareal, is la liga over? (7pt gap)

Is la liga over since madrid has taken 7pt lead?

• Yes, it is probably over

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • No, we can still catch madrid

Votes: 47 57.3%

• Total voters
B

barcelonista

In the last 20 La Liga games, Madrid only dropped 5 points outside the Clasico. And those points were dropped only at the beginning of the season when they hadn't found their rythm yet (plus some inner turmoils, BBQ anyone?). Why would they drop more than 5 in the remaining 18 games? It's over.

B

beautifulgame

In the last 20 La Liga games, Madrid only dropped 5 points outside the Clasico. And those points were dropped only at the beginning of the season when they hadn't found their rythm yet (plus some inner turmoils, BBQ anyone?). Why would they drop more than 5 in the remaining 18 games? It's over.

You are making a case for them dropping at least 4 more points.

However, if their 'form' is enough for them to go the next 17 games (excluding el clasico) without as much as one loss and one draw then you are either really bold or really foolish. Also, keep in the mind the CL knockout stages will also add another BIG variable.

You may be right, but I am willing to bet you aren't.

They will drop a few points but will Barca capitalize?

M

mitkoa7x

However, if their 'form' is enough for them to go the next 17 games (excluding el clasico) without as much as one loss and one draw then you are either really bold or really foolish. Also, keep in the mind the CL knockout stages will also add another BIG variable.

That will affect us too. If we focus on Madrid losing points, we will too.

adil_909

i was on board this optimism train until we drew to villareal. 5pts we could overturn, 7 pts is going to be very tough, and if we draw again and the gap becomes 9pts, then it is over for damn sure. ughh. oh well at least the way the CL is looking, i'm pretty sure it will be a barca vs madrid final unless we meet earlier in the tournament, can't see who will knock either team out except the other.

B

barcelonista

Their squad is deep enough, CL won't hinder their Liga performances. If Benzema isn't playing, Higuain can play and vice versa. If Özil isn't playing, Kaka can play and vice versa. They have Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain, Di Maria, Özil, Kaka and Callejon upfront. We have Messi, Fabregas, Alexis, Pedro. With the latter two being injury prone so far. CL will be a bigger problem for us than for them.

La LL

Generally Delightful
I was highly disappointed after the Villareal game. I thought it was all over then but now, in retrospect, I'm more positive. The season is half-way and there are loads of games left to play. This is football. It's quite likely that at some point in the coming weeks Madrid is going to have a major slip due to either injuries, fatigue or bad luck.

I think that most of the people throw in the towel too early. It's probably too much for many to handle that we're now not favorites or guaranteed to win.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Their squad is deep enough, CL won't hinder their Liga performances. If Benzema isn't playing, Higuain can play and vice versa. If Özil isn't playing, Kaka can play and vice versa. They have Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain, Di Maria, Özil, Kaka and Callejon upfront. We have Messi, Fabregas, Alexis, Pedro. With the latter two being injury prone so far. CL will be a bigger problem for us than for them.

It's not the numbers that matter always. form is another very important matter as well. Benzema for instance has had good games and bad games, There has been times when he was silent and other matches where he could not miss even if he tried. Kaka and Ozil have been inconsistent this season. Last season's match between RM and Deportivo could end 7-0 but the ball simply wouldn't go in. Player's focus is also very important and CL as the biggest stage usually takes some percentage of the focus to itself, so the games before or after that become very important because players usually are not as mindful as always, RM have dealt with it pretty good last season, but it's football and not two seasons are similar so who knows. there's also long distance travels and fatigue which will set in in some stage.

But all the said factors are there for Barca too. So if we want any trophy the only way is to forget about opponent and focus on yourself. any other opponent than the one you're going to face next match is a useless distraction. Them winning or losing won't win you trophies, it's the results that you get that are decisive.

Guardian

game over
La Liga teams suck too hard, I don't see how Madrid can drop points, but even when the opposite team is close to steal something, referees screw them all over
So yep, game over

dalitis8

Banned
There is no way on earth we can go unscathed through a run of fixtures that reads like this:

Valencia (a)

Sociedad (h)

Valencia (h)

Osasuna (a)

Leverkusen (a)

Considering the number of games we had to play already this season, the injuries, the fact that we have to play twice every week, and that Leverkusen are well rested, we are screwed if we go after all those games.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
no one is considering barca dropping more points
our away form has been pathetic and i dont expect us to suddenly become invincible!
It's over.

L

La princesa

Difficult , but not over yet
with 18 matches left , the opponent may have a draw or two , then we should be ready

There're 18 games left , obviously Barça should play them all ;) , so it's not the best time to think about the next liga
Let's play as the best team in the world
Barça never gives up

:flagvl8:

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Nope not yet. It's over until mathematically we can't catch up, for now everything is possible.

Beast

The Observer
There is no way on earth we can go unscathed through a run of fixtures that reads like this:

Valencia (a)

Sociedad (h)

Valencia (h)

Osasuna (a)

Leverkusen (a)

Considering the number of games we had to play already this season, the injuries, the fact that we have to play twice every week, and that Leverkusen are well rested, we are screwed if we go after all those games.

Actually you will win all those.. but you will drop points vs the Villarreal's and Gijon's...

adil_909

for those still being optimistic, i would like to hear where 7 points are going to come from in these remaining fixtures?

mubfk6.jpg

dalitis8

Banned
Actually you will win all those.. but you will drop points vs the Villarreal's and Gijon's...

We already have failed to beat Valencia, which is no big problem of course, but the effects of exhaustion and injuries are clear for all to see.

Home of Barca Fans