After our draw vs. Villareal, is la liga over? (7pt gap)

Is la liga over since madrid has taken 7pt lead?

• Yes, it is probably over

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • No, we can still catch madrid

Votes: 47 57.3%

• Total voters
M

Messi+Eto

Realistically. . . It is over!

Optimistically. . . . Not over till its over!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If you win the return match it's only a 4 point gap plus you'd have the head to head advantage. So Madrid only need to lose one other and draw another to make up that points gap.

Madrid do have some tough away fixtures so I wouldn't rule it out.

I honestly do think the Madrid fans are running before they can walk in terms of the title race. It isn't over by a long way and we do not know how they can cope with the pressure as leaders, heading into the last few weeks of the season.

I've had this feeling for a while that they will slip up somewhere.

TBH I think the return match is key. If the points advantage to Real is 5 points or more and they don't lose the fixture at the nou camp then imo they'd have 1 and a half hands on the title.

If however going into that match the points total is 4 or 5 points and Barca beat Real, I'd heavily fancy Barca to win the title.

All in all still a long way to go in the race.

P

PhilS

No, but Barca is a real long-shot. There is no sign that RM is weakening, nor is there any sign that Barca is getting back to winning almost all their Liga games. I just hope Pep does not completely burn out all his stars before February just to try to keep up in La Liga. The team has to last through May for all three competitions. Barca is still the favorite in both Copa and CL. 2nd in Liga, first in all the other competitions would be a great year.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
No it's not over...but I can't see Barca winning it.

As good a team you are, whenever I've seen you this season you haven't played up to your potential, especially away from home and i think a lot of that comes down to a lack of hunger from players. But can you blame them? They've won everything there is to win in the past 4 years and for the majority that includes on an international level too, and it's hard to keep that constant hunger in your belly when you've had that much success.

Meanwhile Madrid seem to be sweeping the lower teams away when they play them while Barca especially away from home seem to struggle. I can see Real dropping points for sure, but I can see Barca dropping points too and not making up enough points to close that 7 point gap

Andersen22

I still think we can catch up, they need to play a draw and lose a match, and then we just have to buttfuck them at home.
Still even if they win there is no doubt we are superior, also i rank champions league higher.
Tots units fem forca.

M

mitkoa7x

We need to be rock solid for the rest of the season, I mean win all remaining games. Only then we can hope for a Madrid slip up.

Niiik

It's not over yet but it's going to be hard, very hard.

We could beat Madrid 10-0 at home but that won't be any good if we can't win away from home.

gingerless

should have destroyed them instead of drawing 2-2. would have been devastating for them. but now this, it's pretty much impossible to catch up

adil_909

let's be realistic, 7 pts means 3 games that madrid has to screw up and we can't screw up whatsoever. chances of that happening are minimal. from now on i will be focusing my mental energies on us winning the CL back to back. la liga can be conquered again next year.

dalitis8

Banned
let's be realistic, 7 pts means 3 games that madrid has to screw up and we can't screw up whatsoever. chances of that happening are minimal. from now on i will be focusing my mental energies on us winning the CL back to back. la liga can be conquered again next year.

If anything, the gap will grow.

Not a drop of sweat must be shed, not an iota of energy must be expended for pursuing La Liga. If we do not realize that, then a massive disaster is brewing this season. Real Madrid will win the league anyway, and due to our tiredness, they will be the favorites to win the CL.

By pursuing La Liga, not only do we increase our chances of winning none of our two big targets, but we almost hand them over to Madrid and Mou.

The dilemma is clear for us now: Champions League or failure.

Superfly

Banned
If anything, the gap will grow.

Not a drop of sweat must be shed, not an iota of energy must be expended for pursuing La Liga. If we do not realize that, then a massive disaster is brewing this season. Real Madrid will win the league anyway, and due to our tiredness, they will be the favorites to win the CL.

By pursuing La Liga, not only do we increase our chances of winning none of our two big targets, but we almost hand them over to Madrid and Mou.

The dilemma is clear for us now: Champions League or failure.

:lol:

mittchan82

As much as it seems like an impossible task, I believe our boys can and will pull it off (and shove it in Jose's face and kick him outta La Liga). Honestly, I don't even care about the league right now. Barca's doing so much better in CL and I'd love to see these guys lift the Big Ear back-to-back in front of all the naysayers (and shove it in Jose's face, again).
But La Liga is not lost. It's not over unless Barca's played their last match of the season and we are still trailing several points behind RM.

IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER!!!

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep

Not really. If we beat them in the Camp Nou then they only need to screw up in one and draw the second.

We still of course have to be almost perfect but its still not as impossible as you have made it sound.

B

beautifulgame

Madrid will drop points outside of the Clasico.

Mathematical probability and La Liga history tell us that their current league form is due for a dip.

The big question is not whether Madrid will lose any form but if Barca can put together an almost perfect second half run.

What really demoralized me was that Barca allowed Real Madrid back into the Copa match instead of sending a thorough message of superiority to Madrid's players/staff/supporters when they had the chance.

Anyway, the league is only half over and while Madrid are favorites, if there is any team you wouldn't bet against right now its Barca.

I say, buckle up, we've got a long way to go.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans