Adrien Rabiot

Newcomer

If true that is quite pathetic for PSG. Sanches has failed to show his potential so many times and he is simply not worth of Rabiot plus money.

I won't talk about Renato since i didn't follow him or Bayern closely but Rabiot is worth 0 € if we don't offload him before the end of the 31, in 7 days !

If we can use a soon to be deadwood as a bargaining chip in a deal with Bayern it is worth it. Also, there is the simple fact we want him gone for good. You know, it is like some relationship where you are so intertwined and then a big rift appear and you can't see each other anymore. This is it ! PSG even put Rabiot in reserve training to tell him he can/should go. Knowing Rabiot, it won't deter him from staying, haha. I'm pretty confident he will stay to troll us some more and collect his signing on fee.
Bayern would be a good club for him though.
Renato wouldn't be bad for Paris since we have no midfield right now. A bust is better than nothing i guess, huhu ! My problem with him is he doesn't strike me as the defensive security we need. He has always been better for his offensive skills as a defensive midfielder.

xXKonan

Sanches made a big mistake in leaving Benfica as early as he did.

Doesn't help Mendes was ready to sell him to the highest Bidder after his breakout season and with a follow up pretty solid Euros performances.

Devils

Going from FDJ to Sanches.

That's like planning to buy a Ferrari and ending up with Fiat dawg.

SMH.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Well, it is not because we don't go from FDJ to Sanches.
FDJ was always a summer option and here we are doing our winter purchases.
Think about KPB or Murillo that have been bought to fill a void in the squad before major investment in the summer, same story here. If he ever becomes a world beater, then ofc, we won't spend much on summer for that position.
The real problem FDJ fiasco has caused is we have lost a fucking loooottttt of time. So now, we are behind in any potential alternatives and it could prove decisive. Not long ago, there was a news about Juventus meeting Ndombélé agent for example. The direction was so sure it would have been concluded, they didn't seek for other options.
We have to start the grind again but the money we could put on de Jong (75 M and his salary) is still there. No reason we couldn't grab a decent player in the summer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I won't talk about Renato since i didn't follow him or Bayern closely but Rabiot is worth 0 € if we don't offload him before the end of the 31, in 7 days !

If we can use a soon to be deadwood as a bargaining chip in a deal with Bayern it is worth it. Also, there is the simple fact we want him gone for good. You know, it is like some relationship where you are so intertwined and then a big rift appear and you can't see each other anymore. This is it ! PSG even put Rabiot in reserve training to tell him he can/should go. Knowing Rabiot, it won't deter him from staying, haha. I'm pretty confident he will stay to troll us some more and collect his signing on fee.
Bayern would be a good club for him though.
Renato wouldn't be bad for Paris since we have no midfield right now. A bust is better than nothing i guess, huhu ! My problem with him is he doesn't strike me as the defensive security we need. He has always been better for his offensive skills as a defensive midfielder.

At this point everything hinges on Rabiot himself and his mother. If he says yes to a club, any club before the end of the month you might be able to salvage some money. But he could just outstay this transfer window and leave for free in July. The most important factor is who is willing to meet his salary (and possibly playing time) demand. If we go by the previously circulated rumor of him wanting at least 10m-a-year salary plus 10m signing bonus, I don't think Bayern will agree to that, even if they want to swap him with Sanches.

As to Sanches, you are right, he is much more offensive than defensive (he can tackle here and there though but often resulted in fouls). He loves driving the ball forward in the middle of the pitch, passes it to a teammate on the flanks or he lunges inside the penalty box takes the shot himself. Sometime he reminded me of Paulinho, poor at being a midfielder and better at being a forward. And not very consistent.

Newcomer

At this point everything hinges on Rabiot himself and his mother. If he says yes to a club, any club before the end of the month you might be able to salvage some money. But he could just outstay this transfer window and leave for free in July. The most important factor is who is willing to meet his salary (and possibly playing time) demand. If we go by the previously circulated rumor of him wanting at least 10m-a-year salary plus 10m signing bonus, I don't think Bayern will agree to that, even if they want to swap him with Sanches.

As to Sanches, you are right, he is much more offensive than defensive (he can tackle here and there though but often resulted in fouls). He loves driving the ball forward in the middle of the pitch, passes it to a teammate on the flanks or he lunges inside the penalty box takes the shot himself. Sometime he reminded me of Paulinho, poor at being a midfielder and better at being a forward. And not very consistent.

Yeah, so shit profiling for Antero again. Tuchel asked for one Verratti-like and one Marquinhos-like.
Paredes while being a regista and not really Verratti mould has the technical ability, the passig range and the press resistance as common qualities.
Renato is nothing like Marquinhos however... Classic Antero.

Rabiot is busy filing complaints in order to be able to train with first team group. He is clearly not in the mood of leaving. He will stay here till this summer, period !

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, so shit profiling for Antero again. Tuchel asked for one Verratti-like and one Marquinhos-like.
Paredes while being a regista and not really Verratti mould has the technical ability, the passig range and the press resistance as common qualities.
Renato is nothing like Marquinhos however... Classic Antero.

Rabiot is busy filing complaints in order to be able to train with first team group. He is clearly not in the mood of leaving. He will stay here till this summer, period !

I bet he is, because leaving for free in July will increase his chances of negotiating for a signing bonus.

Can you remind me why he is falling out with PSG? Why did he decide not to renew? Was it about money or something else?

Devils

Hopefully Barto steps in last minute and steals Rabiot for Bayern like he stole FDJ.

Todibo + FDJ + Rabiot + De Ligt + Maxi Gomez

We good for next season dawg.

Newcomer

I bet he is, because leaving for free in July will increase his chances of negotiating for a signing bonus.

Can you remind me why he is falling out with PSG? Why did he decide not to renew? Was it about money or something else?

Well, can't really tell you why.
The guy says he wants to be the Gerrard of PSG, then asks for lot of money (ask for same salary of the captain TS), then keep pushing negociations later during 2 years if i recall.
Then with only 1 year left of contract remaining he asks more and more salary, saying PSG didnt honour some promises (like him becoming captain or something) then say he will agree to the contract and when the time comes to sign he pushes it again for later.
Led stupid PSG board (Nasser in that case. Antero had seen his bullshit and wanted to sell him last year) around for more money first. Then situation deteriorated and it is over. He will be remembered as one of the worst from Paris fanbase (if not the worst).

Newcomer

Hopefully Barto steps in last minute and steals Rabiot for Bayern like he stole FDJ.

Todibo + FDJ + Rabiot + De Ligt + Maxi Gomez

We good for next season dawg.

You don't need to steal what is yours. I'm convinced he wants Barça. Just trying to milk you out as he always does when negociating with anyone.

A "free" young agent with his resume is always a good proposition in this market

Devils

You don't need to steal what is yours. I'm convinced he wants Barça. Just trying to milk you out as he always does when negociating with anyone.

I don't know man, there were reputable reports two weeks ago that Bayern were pursuing Rabiot and that they had been contact with his agent.

Bayern gonna make lots of changes this summer so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were willing to offer this guy big wages just to get him on a free because they obviously are going to spend a lot on transfers this summer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, can't really tell you why.
The guy says he wants to be the Gerrard of PSG, then asks for lot of money (ask for same salary of the captain TS), then keep pushing negociations later during 2 years if i recall.
Then with only 1 year left of contract remaining he asks more and more salary, saying PSG didnt honour some promises (like him becoming captain or something) then say he will agree to the contract and when the time comes to sign he pushes it again for later.
Led stupid PSG board (Nasser in that case. Antero had seen his bullshit and wanted to sell him last year) around for more money first. Then situation deteriorated and it is over. He will be remembered as one of the worst from Paris fanbase (if not the worst).

Thank you. This is why I think we should stay as far away from him as possible, no matter how good he is (and not that great in my opinion).

By the way my impression of him based on watching you guys for about 15 games or so last season was he did better as a CM than DM as he could unleash some nice long passes finding players up front but when playing DM he just wasn't that good. Is that impression accurate?

Devils

And then we file bankruptcy in 2021. ;)

How?

2 free transfers.

Frenkie = 75M
De Ligt = 75m
Gomez= 50m (buyout)

Total 200m

Sell:

Rakitic 30-35m
Jasper- 30m
Malcom- 40m
Gomes 30m
Denis-15m
Rafinha-15m

Dawg it's like 40m net spend.

The number don't lie.

I speak only the truth, no lies.

Newcomer

Rabiot is ambitious and a big ego. With Messi and the recent history of PSG failing to eliminate Barça in CL confrontations, he will go to the team that offer more money and more chances to win. In his mind, he is good enough to be starter for a CL winning side. He isn't even self-concious he was a part of the reasons why PSG couldn't win. It is not like he was the world beater that was carrying some bums. Except his 2 super games he had, he was more of a bum himself being carried.

Home of Barca Fans