Adrien Rabiot

Newcomer

I don't think it just about wages, or he would have been with PSG. They trashed him publicly.

He will get the 10mil a season from someone, I'd rather be Barca getting him on a free and with him motivated to prove France and PSG as fools.

The major reason Barca pays high wages because they have the most valuable and talented squad in the world. Run your club like Spurs and you can be outstanding if you keep making the screwed moves but never great. In today's world you better spend (fees and wages) like Barca, PSG, Manchester clubs, Real, Bayern. Big wages don't assure you of performance (United, Arsenal, Chelsea) but without it you are not going to be Europe elite. BTW Liverpool and Juve are just out of this group but top 10.

You are right. He wants his big money move (prerequisite) and if you can afford him, hé Will chose best sporting project.

PSG was very reluctant to give him those wages though. PSG agreed finally when he asked like 7 M a year.
Then, i think he got your offer when your delegation came in Paris Last summer and he asked for 10 M.
Again, Paris wasnt too happy to go that far but they gave in and everything was ready to be signed. Then, he betrayed us.
Turning point seems to be Abidal convinced him and at the same time, Paris punished him because he was late to training before Marseille game.
He didnt take it well and sided with his mom that wanted him to leave PSG.

Anyway, he had that idea to leave because there were talk he wanted short contract (2-3 years) to be able to discover another league later on.

Still think Barca has the best chance to get him. Unless a team able to get him now can pay the signing on fee on top of transfer fee.

Newcomer

The only real news about Rabiot is PSG is ready to sell him this winter to anyone ( and that would be even better if that anyone is not Barca for PSG direction).

But the player holding all the cards here. Cant fault PSG to let him in the stand anymore if he refuses willingly to leave.

khaled_a_d

No, Barca's offer is much higher, close to double (with signing bonuses) of what PSG offered.

Hmmm, I remember I read that PSG had offered him 13M per year, which tops our offer (even with bonus)
[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] , what was the offer you were ready to make for him?

Newcomer

Hmmm, I remember I read that PSG had offered him 13M per year, which tops our offer (even with bonus)
[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] , what was the offer you were ready to make for him?

Dont know the last offer.

Think you heard he asked for Thiago Silva/Marquinhos salary.

Dunno if Paris proposed that much.

George_Costanza

BBZ8800

On this forum there were tweets how PSG offered him 12-13M per year, but he rejected.

I don't know how reliable those sources are, but there were talks that they offered that much in last desperate attempts late in December.

George_Costanza

On this forum there were tweets how PSG offered him 12-13M per year, but he rejected.

I don't know how reliable those sources are, but there were talks that they offered that much in last desperate attempts late in December.

No way PSG offered that much. I posted what Paris United has said. I have seen a 9m figure a few times too but too lazy to dig the information.

Suppose it's 9m, that's 4m less than what Barca reportedly offered him. 4m is a salary of many players the same level as Rabiot. It's a classic case of narcissism, he really thinks so much of himself. It's just insane what he is asking.

Newcomer

Paris United, CulturePSG reported that there was an agreement between Rabiot side and PSG in October.

Antero Henrique confirmed that there was an oral agreement in place but that when he was trying to put in down on paper, Rabiot side would always try something to delay it.
This is why he went on media to say that Rabiot side were lying to the club and they wouldn't expect it from an academy player. The reason from Rabiot behaviour was an already agreed contract with Barça (which is supposed to have been offered around the 28 October they said).

So, no one has said the numbers they had agreed orally with PSG before that turning point. Can't be sure but it must have been less or equal to Barcelona. If it was more they would ask more to Barça aswell.

The fact Henrique called them out made the Rabiot mom and agent to say it is over for Paris, but that isn't a matter of money (you bet !).

BBZ8800

No way PSG offered that much. I posted what Paris United has said. I have seen a 9m figure a few times too but too lazy to dig the information.

Suppose it's 9m, that's 4m less than what Barca reportedly offered him. 4m is a salary of many players the same level as Rabiot. It's a classic case of narcissism, he really thinks so much of himself. It's just insane what he is asking.

There you go:
December 8th:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With the president’s latest proposal, Rabiot would earn around €12m a season. In France, despite the disagreements with coach Thomas Tuchel, they do not longer rule out that Rabiot might end up renewing with PSG. [l’equipe via md]</p>— Barça Centre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1071342179275153408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There you go:
December 8th:

They're quoting MD. How would MD know what PSG intend to offer him, or in fact offered him lol? Do you think they have any sources in PSG?

Most likely Rabiot's mom who spread this rumor to make Barca pay him 10m/year. Negotiation tactic.

Newcomer

There you go:
December 8th:

False !!!

At this point, Nasser had already given up on that case.

He wasn't even present to the last chance meeting. He screwed up last summer when Antero wanted to sell Rabiot early (not when Barça put a cheeky bid 24 hours before the end of the market) and he refused.

After that, i think he got disappointed by Rabiot who he treated as his "son". Antero Henrique was the one dealing with them, and apparently, their bad relationship was also a key to the failure (it has to be said that Antero is widely criticized, maybe with reason or not, but i think there is a faction in the club that want to get rid of him and leak those infos).

Also, as it had been pointed to your attention, MD is not a source for PSG.
Worse, L'Equipe and PSG are at war. PSG prevents l'Equipe from going to the press conference in PSG installations. This is due to the continuity of fake news and biaised reports of news by the newspaper.
Example : they lied about Matuidui and Verratti going out before a CL game => they had to publish an apology and pay for damages. They lied that PSG asked the Prefecture not to protect Real Madrid bus. They lied about PSG being involved into fixing a game versus Red Star Belgrade. As recenty as yesterday, they were disappointed that PSG didn't get an harsh punishment by UEFA for what happened during PSG v Red Star (while the things that could ask for said harsh punishment isn't related to the club : the troubles happened outside of the stadium after the game where PSG has no authority but the police).

Last edited:

Barcilliant

So much fuss made over a good player at best.

Ten years ago nobody would have given a shit about Rabiot. Now clubs are acting like he's the new Xavi. The oil clubs and United have really fucked up the transfer market.

This new generation of players is very mediocre. We can't even decide on a new striker. No one is setting the world on fire.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
So much fuss made over a good player at best.

Ten years ago nobody would have given a shit about Rabiot. Now clubs are acting like he's the new Xavi. The oil clubs and United have really fucked up the transfer market.

This new generation of players is very mediocre. We can't even decide on a new striker. No one is setting the world on fire.

We bought Coutinho for 140m+ we're equally culpable...

Newcomer

We bought Coutinho for 140m+ we're equally culpable...

Rabiot flying to Qatar with the PSG squad.

That means he is not in an hurry to leave. As an example, Last summer, Guedes had asked not to go to Asian tour in order to be ready to leave for Valencia.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans