9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He did so much but so much of it was wrong :lol:. He has produced well for us despite matches like this, so I don't feel much "doubt" regarding him but I do think his ascent to form is one rough ride.

What Suarez has produced is like 2-3 games that were alright and the rest was crap. Over the matches that Suarez has played, Munir or Sandro could have produced more - shocking really. 70M for what?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
When he scores or assists against Atleti again on Wednesday I don;t want to hear any of you guys (those who bang him or say he is a flop) that you congrat. him, bravo Suarez etc etc. I'm tired of this.

Just because I think he's crap at the moment, doesn't mean he can turn things around and get my praise. But from the looks of things his technique is below Barca standard, I don't think he can improve on that.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What Suarez has produced is like 2-3 games that were alright and the rest was crap. Over the matches that Suarez has played, Munir or Sandro could have produced more - shocking really. 70M for what?

Scored/assisted against PSG, scored/assisted against Atleti, assisted against RM, singlehandedly won us the match vs. Almeria, great performances vs. APOEL and Elche. He has been up and down and still has a ways to go before his form is stable but "crap" is no way to describe him at all.

M

matheusemp

Agreed.
And if we think, what another 80m player could have done

Icarium

Lifestealer
With sanchez i don't think we could have won against atletico. We needed a proper nine and we got one. Because of him messi is playing in right wing and he is getting some space and he is performing amazingly. If we want to win any trophies suarez is a must. He will improve but i don't think he will ever reach the last season liverpool form.

M

matheusemp

Scored/assisted against PSG, scored/assisted against Atleti, assisted against RM, singlehandedly won us the match vs. Almeria, great performances vs. APOEL and Elche. He has been up and down and still has a ways to go before his form is stable but "crap" is no way to describe him at all.
ANY 20m+ players could have done that, his assists most of it was crap,like the one in atletico and today,his link up is terrible,he cant do 1-2 or even shoot

dakt

I thought that with him we'll get typical striker...half a chance, GOAL. But so far, clear chance, MISS.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
With sanchez i don't think we could have won against atletico. We needed a proper nine and we got one. Because of him messi is playing in right wing and he is getting some space and he is performing amazingly. If we want to win any trophies suarez is a must. He will improve but i don't think he will ever reach the last season liverpool form.

Agreed, although it's a shame that he can't get to his scoring form, but last season Alexis was locked on the right wing and Messi had 3-4 defenders chasing him all the time and now defenders has to worry about Suarez (as well as Neymar) and Messi has space to do his magic.

ebc_99

Suarez has been a great addition so far, still not as sharp as he would like but that will come. Barca is the hardest club to play for and it usually takes a while to settle, look at Neymar this year compared to last it is like he is a different player. Suarez just needs to be a bit sharper and finish a few of his chances and he will be fine.

SeloBarca

I like his intentions and runs. Hes working hard, its just that last bit thats missing.
Despite his lack of goals so far, i like him, he has alot of heart.

JamDav1982

His touch and finish are a bit off at the moment but that will come as he has proven in his career.

But lets looks at what he has brought -

Workrate and pressing that almost no other top CF can match.

Movement off the ball - he is one of the most intelligent players off the ball in the world and is unselfish enough to use runs to open up space.

Attitude - he takes no shit from opposition and brings a never say die attitude that is infectious to the team.

Team player - second to Messi on assists and is there on merit and not down to 'luck'

Suarez is the best CF in the world and the one most suited to Barca. I wouldnt swap him with anyone. He will have games where his touch is off, he will have games he plays like a genius but in every game he will give every ounce he has to help Barca win.

raskolnikov

Suarez seems in the way too much, and has dificulty controlling the ball or finishing chances. If he Just starts scoring him being lesser than the other 2 can easily be overlooked for me since I want him to succeed.
Anyone else had a big dejavu regarding this game when it came to Suarez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans