9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

2 of his assists were accidental, not even close to being most. He costed a lot and his finishing is lacking, but adapting to Barça isn't easy. Just look how much neymar has improved this season.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
2 of his assists were accidental, not even close to being most. He costed a lot and his finishing is lacking, but adapting to Barça isn't easy. Just look how much neymar has improved this season.

As I said, I know he is adapting and that's alright... However, he shouldn't have to adapt his finishing; a chance is a chance in any system or team, and he's been missing them over and over, even the easy ones...

footyfan

Calma, calma
There's such a big difference between Alexis/Pedro and Suarez that it's not even worth mentioning the 3 in the same sentence. Defenders are 10 times more scared of Suarez than Alexis/Pedro.

Just look at the amount of space Messi had this match. Defenders didn't triple team Messi since they were also man-marking Suarez. This is different from last year, where defenders didn't give a crap about both Pedro/Alexis. Plus they mostly hugged the touchline anyway.

Just for context, Madrid put 8 past Depor. Here are the highlights, you can judge for yourself if it really was Suarez who was the difference maker to Messi's performance:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Abandon-Thread.gif

JamDav1982

Of course it's great that he makes space for Leo, but you don't buy a 70M player to make space. Let's be honest; most of his assists have been flukes, his first touch is like he has a wooden leg, his finishing and technique leaves a lot to be wished and the only really good thing is that he hasn't biten anybody yet. I know he can be deadly, we've all seen it in Pool' - but right now he's very underwhelming and definitively not even worth half of what we paid for him in terms of output.

His assists have not been flukes, two have and every player top of assist stats will have a few of these.

He is creating more chances for the team than any other player in the team - even Messi. It is all there in the stats just go and look.

So his assists are a result of him creating the most chances not lucky bounces.

JamDav1982

Just for context, Madrid put 8 past Depor. Here are the highlights, you can judge for yourself if it really was Suarez who was the difference maker to Messi's performance:

What those highlights show is how much Depor could not handle the work rate and movement of the front three........ which Suarez contributed to tonight.

footyfan

Calma, calma
What those highlights show is how much Depor could not handle the work rate and movement of the front three........ which Suarez contributed to tonight.

His runs today would've been made by any 30M+ striker, it's not like the Depor coach went back on his promise of not parking the bus.

Seriously, just accept that he is way off his regular level. Out of his 9 assists, 4 of them have either been flukes or square passes.

JamDav1982

His runs today would've been made by any 30M+ striker, it's not like the Depor coach went back on his promise of not parking the bus.

Seriously, just accept that he is way off his regular level. Out of his 9 assists, 4 of them have either been flukes or square passes.

A square pass means he has got in the correct position to set up a team mate and is means he is unselfish a lot of the time.

He is creating more chances than any other player and has one less assist than Messi in around half the minutes.

He set up 3 chances tonight.... 3 more than Messi and Neymar combined.

What 30m striker can you name that would press and run as unselfishly as Suarez and have the same level of finishing/assisting?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

I don't think anyone is happy with his shot accuracy so far but he is trying hard and not even this Barca comes close to Liverpool's system.
He'll get better in coming months.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't think anyone is happy with his shot accuracy so far but he is trying hard and not even this Barca comes close to Liverpool's system.
He'll get better in coming months.

Problem Bojan is that he is trying too hard. Have you seen the looks of frustration and disappointment he gets everytime he messes up a simple pass or shot? He needs to chill.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I read someone comparing his situation to how it was for Benzema. Lack of goals which he gets criticized a lot for, but he makes others around him play well.

Although the goals for Benz started coming eventually and I trust Suarez who is a better player to start doing the same although I wish its soon....

footyfan

Calma, calma
A square pass means he has got in the correct position to set up a team mate and is means he is unselfish a lot of the time.

He is creating more chances than any other player and has one less assist than Messi in around half the minutes.

He set up 3 chances tonight.... 3 more than Messi and Neymar combined.

What 30m striker can you name that would press and run as unselfishly as Suarez and have the same level of finishing/assisting?

Can you show me these chances? Does the assist count as a chance created?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans