7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Arizona Scott

He is not a wide player. Until Barca he has the most out of box goals over the recent time period.

Looks without confidence, a shell of what he was for Liverpool and Brazil.

Leo_Messi

Such a frustrating player and performance. I hate to repeat myself so I will not do that as I have written about him in detail on this thread. The best word that describes him for me currently is frustration.

It's like he is missing something every single time. Either pace, sometimes technique (which is strange), often footballing IQ (to know when to dribble, when to stop the play, when to accelerate, when to pass etc.) and what annoys me the most is that he is not tracking back frequently enough when he loses the ball which happens far too many times. I don't like his attitude either. Body language in particular.

He really needs to take a long look at himself in the mirror and ask himself whether he wants to succeed at the club or not because I can easily see the club moving on from him if there is a club out there that is dumb enough to pay €100 million+ for him.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
when denis is better than u

tenor.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Givenchy

that little dribble thing he does every fucking time on the ball is pissing me off.. its so obvious what hes going to do

YodaMaster

This guy needs a mentor. A fascinating coach who knows what he wants and who'll babysit Coutinho, constantly watch him and give him precise orders, motivate him. That's the only way Coutinho could become good enough for Barça starting 11 because at this point, he has some serious flaws, it's almost scary.

Coutinho is a technically gifted player, but he's equally as dumb. That's crazy because he played well and smart in the WC, or under Klopp.
I think Valverde might be pushing him into a depression.

Anyway, horrible job once again from the board from the beginning (appointing Valverde) to the half way (buying Coutinho, an unadapted player to their shitty (non existent) system) till the end (let Valverde destroy the team and the players).

messi2140

6racies Xavi
[tw]1083496649899606018[/tw]

Seems like he's sending a message to Coutinho.

Looking at this realistically there are only 2 ways this can be solved:

1 He suddenly starts playing on his WC level and benches Dembele

2 EV sees Coutinho as a midfielder and Coutinho suddenly starts playing on his WC level and benches Vidal

Suarez , Messi , Rakitic , Busquets are unbenchable which leaves us with these only 2 options

YodaMaster

Since I don’t trust this board at all regarding future transfers and future coach, I think we should sell Coutinho in the summer if we receive a 80-100m offer at least. And then somebody needs to hide that money from current board in order to avoid them buying another brazilian future flop for 200m.

Their obsession with brazilian players is bitting them in the ass. The only brazilian that was a success (Neymar) humiliated them in all possible ways and told them to fuck off. And I’m glad Neymar did that to them because that’s exactly what they deserve for destroying such a great work done by Cruyff, Laporta and Pep.

gregorrin10

This is all on Valverde.

Name ONE player who has blossomed under Valverde?

I see Coutinho being the same as Pogba was under Mourinho...uninspiring, lazy and just not good. The most important thing is to first get rid of EV and get a manager with a more attacking, free flow mentality, and someone who has the balls to actually play with at least one attacking midfielder and doesn't just want workhorses in his midfield. Maybe put Coutinho there instead, and he will start to flourish once again. He's certainly not a traditional, nor world class winger in the mould of Neymar, that we had. And with Dembele seemingly cementing his starting spot and Suarez and Messi being untouchable, not to mention Malcom waiting in the wings too, there's no better time to change pace, shift some players around a little, and see how they pick up their form. But again, unless and until EV is gone, i don't see Coutinho anywhere else than LW.

And it's not just about Coutinho. I'll bet you almost everyone in our team would get better under a new coach, breathe some fresh air into them and let them loose to show their attacking potential, don't limit them like the coward that EV is.

As for Coutinho, if he still doesn't pick up his form after all that, sell him to PSG or back to PL for 100M+ next summer, i think we need to consider that too, but that's a long way to go, like i said, first step is getting Valverde out, then seeing next season, which players are actually worthy of staying here, we can't judge them too much under a bum like EV.

Last edited:
The penalty kick barely went in. Lucky Barca/Coutinho.

2 goal deficit would not be easy even at Camp Nou with all starters playing.

Coutinho needs to stop dribbling when he has wide open forward passes.

Home of Barca Fans