7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

xXKonan

With Dembele when he got here there's some excuses you can make for him such as his age that he had things he could work on and maybe not ready for a starting spot and he also had that bad Injury and another small one when he got back from being injury so he missed out on a lot of games.

With Coutinho, he was supposed to be the already made superstar that could come in and be ready off the bat to be used. When he got here he did appear to have shown that he could be the difference maker we needed for next season when he was finally able to play in the CL.

But as you can see that hasn't exactly happened this season. He was a starter but that injury and declining performances and Dembele's performances led him to get benched and I don't see that changing any time soon either.

BarçaBarça

Coutinho and Dembele were both insanely overpriced and I said all along it's crazy to get 'em at those figures, as the chance of them failing to justify their price tag is high. But many here were in denial. All that money spent on Dembele, Coutinho, and Malcolm could be spent more wisely if the club had better scouts and wasn't obsessed with Brazilians.

We had just earned 220M€. Everybody knew. Of course we could have bought other players, but they would be overpriced as well.
If we wanted to we could hide the money until summer 2019, but that would mean 1 whole year of struggling to compete for league title + CL, and not many (including myself) would want us to use that tactic. Especially in this Messi-era.

I agree that it seems like a forced tactic with brazilians - Neymar gone, so we need Paulinho, Malcom etc. But sometimes it pays off big time for us, as with Neymar, Paulinho, Arthur.
Even Malcom can be sold for 60M to China now, if we wanted to, so it is not bad business in the end. Anyway, it seems like we have shifted slightly towards a French obsession now, and I'm not complaining :lol:

xXKonan

[tw]1083452246455713792[/tw]

Valverde's assistant said Coutinho is not at the level of last season while Dembele is improving.

Messi983

It should if it was meant to motivate him. It doesn't seem to work so far though.

This No. 7 curse seems real. Sell/loan Denise and give Cou No. 6 so we can get him back.

Saladin

He seems frustrated in his play; too desperate and obvious in his out-of-the-box attempts. Don't remember him being this selfish in Liverpool or for the NT.

clemente

tenor.gif

xXKonan

Scored the pen but he was terrible today.

He overcomplicates stuff that he shouldn't be doing on the LW. Just keep it simple man.

Home of Barca Fans