7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

FCBfan22

The UK papers are reportning that our delegation is meeting with Coutinho's agent on January the 3rd. Apparently Liverpool are asking for 125 million pounds minimum, presumably up-front (approx 140 million euros).

Liverpool are also looking at bringing in Fekir and Dani Ceballos as replacements if the deal happens.

Tepid water

The UK papers are reportning that our delegation is meeting with Coutinho's agent on January the 3rd. Apparently Liverpool are asking for 125 million pounds minimum, presumably up-front (approx 140 million euros).

Liverpool are also looking at bringing in Fekir and Dani Ceballos as replacements if the deal happens.
Source?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
At Liverpool forum they are all guessing what will happen. Many seem to think he will go in summer but only for 150mil.+

FCBfan22

Sun, Express, Daily Fail, Dailystar, Caughtoffside, ... Basically every English site.

Sport is also reporting the same.

FCBfan22

I know, but they usually each make up their own story. And the made up stories usually begin with: "Messi demands those 5 players to replace blah blah....". It's also possible that the Sport made that story up and the English media grabbed the bite.

But I still think there is to much smoke about Coutinho to Barca currently. Especially with the Van Dijk transfer and the Paulinho interview.

Tepid water

I know, but they usually each make up their own story. And the made up stories usually begin with: "Messi demands those 5 players to replace blah blah....". It's also possible that the Sport made that story up and the English media grabbed the bite.

But I still think there is to much smoke about Coutinho to Barca currently. Especially with the Van Dijk transfer and the Paulinho interview.
I reckon that each article will be a rehash of the Sport article...

George_Costanza

It will be only Yerry Mina in January to replace Masch and possibly Arthur if the Brazilian club lowers their asking price. No way Coutinho is coming in Jan, and it will be almost impossible to reach an agreement now for next summer.

Coutinho saga will start after the WC.

FCBfan22

Well IMHO the Coutinho signing would make sense for both clubs if the price is around 150 million. Why?

- Barca could play Coutinho in La Liga and Copa, while resting Don for the CL matches. (Us signing Coutinho would also put the chances of RM signing Salah in the summer to around 0.1%.)

- Liverpool could sign Goretzka, Fekir, a defender like Gimenez and a goalkeeper who is capable of doing something. They also have Keita coming. They could use the rest of the season and the next pre-season to play them into the squad, since the PL is more or less over and they only need to reach top 4 to qualify for CL next year (they only need to beat either Spurs or Chelsea, because Arsenal seems to be disintigrating slowly). I don't believe they can go further in CL this year than the QF, even with Van Dijk added, since their goalkeepers are an equivalent of a Swiss cheese.

JohnS

As a Lifelong (more than 60 years) Liverpool fan I would say that the majority of fans accept that Coutinho will be allowed to leave in the summer. IF he leaves it will be to Spain because that is where the Brazilian players aspire to go. Unless his pal Neymar can convince him to go to PSG (which I doubt) Then he is off to Spain unless Liverpool do something completely off the charts like win the champions league. You would think that at this moment in time that is unlikely but who knows. In my own opinion Liverpool have agreed with the player that he can go to Barca at the end of the season providing they come up with the 150 million. I would add that they should do it before the world cup because he is likely to play a blinder and then who know what the price will be

Why does coutinho even want to leave? Liverpool will probably snatch lot of trophies including premier league and champions-league now that they signed VvD and melissa reddy said they are after all Hot transfer targets in Europe (which means they will like join Liverpool its not even a question). Why would coutinho resign from trophies to go to the worse Club like Barca? I dont get that logic to be honest. He is destinied to win everything Player Dream of (at Club level) here in Liverpool and with all the players basically confirmed to join (SMS, Lemar, gimenez, goretzka, laporte, and probably many more) moving to Barca would be such a stupid move

Home of Barca Fans