7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

shockey80

He has one year less in his contract and he is one year older. I'd say he cost the same.

26 years old next summer...contract until 2022...still taking his game to new levels...PL teams having strong negotiating position.

This is a business not a charity. Not sure who the big transfer will be next summer but whoever it is, that person will set the market.

Gusjaros

26 years old next summer...contract until 2022...still taking his game to new levels...PL teams having strong negotiating position.

This is a business not a charity. Not sure who the big transfer will be next summer but whoever it is, that person will set the market.

I'd add that 27-30 are prime years for most players. Liverpool have him contracted for his prime years. It's going to be expensive to buy him. But I think that if Coutinho really wants to leave and Barcelona gives Liverpool a fair offer then they will release him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'll never forgive Robert, Segura and Bartomeu if they let some other club sign Coutinho while they sign yet another inferior player.

So did Suarez, but yet they let him leave. Same with Bale and many others. Players that want to leave will eventually leave.

Jenks

How much is he going to cost and I wonder what Liverpool’s stance will be this summer? He stayed and still played hard for them so they’ll grant his wish and let him leave?

If I had to guess I'd say they'll stick a £120-150m pricetag on his head and wait all summer for Barca to agree to it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How much is he going to cost and I wonder what Liverpool’s stance will be this summer? He stayed and still played hard for them so they’ll grant his wish and let him leave?

That's the only option. Some kind of gentleman's agreement. He didn't get his wish last summer and came back with his head down and worked hard. They'll have Keita too so it'll be easier for them to let him go.

shockey80

I'll never forgive Robert, Segura and Bartomeu if they let some other club sign Coutinho while they sign yet another inferior player.

So did Suarez, but yet they let him leave. Same with Bale and many others. Players that want to leave will eventually leave.

But thats not what I was arguing. I know he will leave Liverpool, the issue is how much money and I think the money will have increased from last summer.
Right now, he is playing at a level higher than anyone in the Premier League. People can talk about KDB but remember who KDB is surrounded by and imagine what Coutinho would look like surrounded by those players.

FinBarcelonafan

But thats not what I was arguing. I know he will leave Liverpool, the issue is how much money and I think the money will have increased from last summer.
Right now, he is playing at a level higher than anyone in the Premier League. People can talk about KDB but remember who KDB is surrounded by and imagine what Coutinho would look like surrounded by those players.

That doesn't mean shit. Put anybody with ManC and they look way better than they are. Bad example.

City's team is working very well now, but I don't see how their all players are elite, Gundogan etc etc. It's all team work there imo. They have some great individuals, but mostly it's about their team play, which makes them so good. I'm not exactly afraid of any of their player, like Messi and Ronaldo(used to) put fear on opponent.

They could still use some star players on level of Neymar, Cavani etc. KDB is their best player of course.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Liverpool has apparently agreed to sign Van Dijk for 80-85 million euros. That is too much money, unless they also agreed the Coutinho transfer with us and are potentially stacked with money.

Neeraj

As much as we'd like to believe that the 85m price tag has Coutinho sale all over it, not sure that holds true. English clubs have a shit load of money, and I can't see them being unable to shell out that money unless they sell Coutinho.

I can't imagine what he's going to cost us though. The fact that he has performed this season for them after being denied a transfer should work in his/our favor, but that isn't going to get the asking price down.

wisconsincule

Yeah Liverpool definitely have the money without needing to sell Coutinho. He’s going to cost 150+. Nervous we’re not going to pay the fee and end up blowing it on 2-3 inferior players.

Xaviniesta

Van Dijk signed for 75 million pounds...that can only mean one thing....

WELCOME TO FC BARCELONA!!!
Coutinho-Barcelona-teaser.jpg

Home of Barca Fans