7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Vilarrubi

Meanwhile, papa Perez dispatches one of his abassadors to try and change Coutinho's mind:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ronaldo-slams-barcelona-provide-food-11765248

They should be scared about us getting Coutinho, I would be too if I were them. He’s talking shit though, Neymar was allowed to leave for his release clause, a lot of big clubs could have blocked the move. Ronaldinho fucked it up for himself.. as for himself only he knows.. but I think he’s exaggerating.

serghei

Liverpool should let him go for an offer of 120m+. He's done his job, worked hard this season even if he wants to move, club should respect his wishes and grant him the transfer. Otherwise, talented players will have second doubts about signing long contracts with them.

Zincubus

Banned
Why does coutinho even want to leave? Liverpool will probably snatch lot of trophies including premier league and champions-league now that they signed VvD and melissa reddy said they are after all Hot transfer targets in Europe (which means they will like join Liverpool its not even a question). Why would coutinho resign from trophies to go to the worse Club like Barca? I dont get that logic to be honest. He is destinied to win everything Player Dream of (at Club level) here in Liverpool and with all the players basically confirmed to join (SMS, Lemar, gimenez, goretzka, laporte, and probably many more) moving to Barca would be such a stupid move

Liverpool aren't gonna win much to be fair , their defensive issues won't be solved buy buying VvD , he will just help . Their defensive problems go much deeper .

Look I've always liked Liverpool and their style of play .... their current FAB FOUR would make us practically unbeatable for a decade but sadly we're gonna have to just hope we get Couthino

FCBfan22

I don't really know what Liverpool can win this season.

- Premier League is probably done, City are running away with it.
- They have no chance in Champions League with Karius/Mignolet in goal, where the goalkeepers are one of the most important players, especially with the style they play (If Arsenal can score 3 against them in one game, imagine what would happen over two legs against P$G, City, Bayern, Us...).

So if you ask me, they are doing an Wenger trademarked season, where your goal is to reach top 4 in the league, hope for the best in CL and maybe try to squeeze in a FA cup. I think for them to be competing on all fronts they need a capable GK, another CB, a DM and a LB. But even with those reinforcements, it would be incredibly hard to win something, when you are competing with Pep's City in all competitions.

Devils

They wont win anything big under Klopp.

Lack of quality defenders is an issue for them, but Klopp's inability to manage defensive play is a much bigger issue.

I don't think it matters who they sign, Klopp is an inept manager.

FCBfan22

Liverpool are apparently closing in on a deal with Goretzka.

More and more indicators are showing that we might have reached the deal with Coutinho.

Tepid water

They should be scared about us getting Coutinho, I would be too if I were them. He’s talking shit though, Neymar was allowed to leave for his release clause, a lot of big clubs could have blocked the move. Ronaldinho fucked it up for himself.. as for himself only he knows.. but I think he’s exaggerating.

Hmmm.. There’s a problem here. £75m was offered to Liverpool in the summer. That’s the same as they’ve just paid for their new centre back for this star attacker... it was a price that hideously misunderstood the market.

Plus, it was offered in instalments over five years.. again, this is highly unusual.

Looking at the fees in the premier league, £130m+ is a totally reasonable place to start the negotiations.. can the club afford this? Possibly not... EPL clubs are too rich to be financially bullied any more,

Maybe Madrid should be scared, but I’m not sure they should be too worried at the moment.

SeloBarca

Im fine with us "buying" him and letting Liverpool keep him until summer.
We cant use him for CL or any cup anyways.

The same goes for Griezmann.
However, i want both, one of them is not enough.

Would rather we get Arthur in winter transfer, hes not cup tied, needs time to adjust, and should be secured before other teams come and triggers his price up even more.

behindbrowneyes

Im fine with us "buying" him and letting Liverpool keep him until summer.
We cant use him for CL or any cup anyways.

The same goes for Griezmann.
However, i want both, one of them is not enough.

Would rather we get Arthur in winter transfer, hes not cup tied, needs time to adjust, and should be secured before other teams come and triggers his price up even more.

We have a transfer surplus of around 30M this season. Doubt we can spend 300M on Arthur, Griezmann and Coutinho within 6 months. Our assets to sell are not Morata and James but Vidal, Deulofeu, Rafinha and Gomes. We won't get much more than 50M for them.

FCBfan22

I'd say this transfer has around 45% chance of happeneng this January. Before, I thought around 15%, but in a last few days Liverpool has done some things that amplify the chance.

behindbrowneyes

I'd say this transfer has around 45% chance of happeneng this January. Before, I thought around 15%, but in a last few days Liverpool has done some things that amplify the chance.

What are those things you are talking about?
They signed a defender they desperately needed and already wanted in summer. They could lose Can so they are after some CMs.

For me, the chance of getting Coutinho in January has decreased in the last few days. No way they'll let him go now. Summer? Likely.

draconifire

Why are people talking about him coming this winter? It doesn't make any sense, sporting wise or even economically. If he didn't leave this summer, why do you think they are gonna let him leave now when they still are in CL and in domestic cup. Why would we buy him now, as he won't be available for us in CL, and we don't need him for the league as our standing suggest otherwise.
But its Barto hence he can always do some next level shit.

Home of Barca Fans