7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

M

MessiCam

He's been Liverpools player of the year for the last three years hasn't he ?

Hardly a one season flash

Last season was his first and only season where he got into double figures in terms of goals and assists. That he’s been their player of the year for three years running says more about the state of their team than Coutinho’s brilliance.

Will he be an upgrade over many of our midfielders? Sure... He is awesome on his day but those days are few and far between. Not the sort of player you spend 70 Million on let alone well over 100 Million. He only guarantees you dribbles and long shots.

JamDav1982

Last season was his first and only season where he got into double figures in terms of goals and assists. That he’s been their player of the year for three years running says more about the state of their team than Coutinho’s brilliance.

Will he be an upgrade over many of our midfielders? Sure... He is awesome on his day but those days are few and far between. Not the sort of player you spend 70 Million on let alone well over 100 Million. He only guarantees you dribbles and long shots.

Coutinho has been brilliant and last season was the player with the most official MOTM awards per performance of any player in the league.

Last year he was voted Brazils player of the year and previous two seasons Liverpools player of the year and in one of those team of the year in EPL.

This idea that he suffers from inconsistency more than others is a load of crap and he is consistently good more than just about any other option.

People who quote his inconsistency or good days being 'few and far between' either dont watch him or just follow rubbish hear others say at times.

Easily worth 100m in todays market.

SeloBarca

Its a must to get him but we also need a controlling CM. That Arthur looks ok in vids. Jorginho or Torreira would be ok aswell.

MIXA

We should use Cillessen to tempt Liverpool for the Coutinho deal. I think this willl be Cillessens last season at the club. He is far too good to be a bench warmer. Liverpool are in desperate need of a good keeper too.

To make it even easier, I’m sure that Cillessen himself would agree to the deal. Liverpool would probably give him higher wages and he would be the undisputed no.1. Cillessen wouldn’t even need to wait for his chance. He would be the automatic first choice because the other two guys are just so bad. Of all the players we have on the bench, the Dutch international is probably the best one and will be the most sought after when he leaves. I just hope that he doesn’t leave on the cheap because he isn’t a cheap talent at all.

Zincubus

Banned
We should use Cillessen to tempt Liverpool for the Coutinho deal. I think this willl be Cillessens last season at the club. He is far too good to be a bench warmer. Liverpool are in desperate need of a good keeper too.

To make it even easier, I’m sure that Cillessen himself would agree to the deal. Liverpool would probably give him higher wages and he would be the undisputed no.1. Cillessen wouldn’t even need to wait for his chance. He would be the automatic first choice because the other two guys are just so bad. Of all the players we have on the bench, the Dutch international is probably the best one and will be the most sought after when he leaves. I just hope that he doesn’t leave on the cheap because he isn’t a cheaptalent at all.

We could actually tempt them offering Suarez and Mascherano!!

Judging by the Liverpool forums many would love to have them both back .

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The player = player + money deals happen very, very rarely.

The spectacular fashion in which Zlatan = Eto'o + cash + Hleb (loan) was achieved, and how it was talked about all the time, sort of made it seem like a regular thing but no it's not very frequent!

I just remember the aforementioned deal and Rakitic = cash + Denis (on loan). Were there any other occurrences?

Messi983

Even if Liverpool would accept Cillessen as part of the deal players worth is usually diminished when they are included in player for player swaps so I don't think he would lower Coutinho's price for more than 10-12M and that's not really much when we're talking about a potential 150M transfer. I think we could get more from him on the market as he's a quality GK and there would be probably quite a few clubs interested in him if we'd make him available. We could even sell him to Liverpool at the end but in a separate deal and not include him in Coutinho's transfer if this would be financially better for us. That's if Jasper will decide to leave but there are no signs he's thinking about that for now. If he's happy to stay for (at least) another season then we should keep him as it would be hard to find a better No. 2 GK.

We could actually tempt them offering Suarez and Mascherano!!

Judging by the Liverpool forums many would love to have them both back .

Fans are not deciding about transfers of the club so their opinion about this is meaningless.

Zincubus

Banned
Fans are not deciding about transfers of the club so their opinion about this is meaningless.

Well fans do count for something don't they - guess the West Ham board are gonna find that out soon enough - after signing Moynes when a fans poll voted 92% against him getting the job ...

Home of Barca Fans