7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

gatsu

Oh I dunno it could be quite funny seeing him sign for you only to realise you're a crock of shit with everyone leaving and pining to get out bless

Who was the last player to go from you to a better place in Madrid anyway ?

Funny coming from the fan of a reject team.

Donga el Trojan

Not so much a wolf as a scabby cur that's just been mauled by the new King of the Jungle. 105m of staggered payments and preposterous add-ons. Barca has 220m Euros in the bank - they'll accept 150m of that - cash. This isn't like screwing them over the Suarez deal when £10m was knocked off the release clause and the payments were on the never- never: PL teams now are rich and don't need to sell, and certainly don't need to accept payments structured like a debt management programme from a bankrupt stall- holder. Are Barca on their uppers? Seems like.

World won't stop if we buy in him January...
(If he'll continue to strike)

I can see Dembele striking until January.

Don't think Coutinho has the balls.

Dembele is 20 and will have more chances years from now to link up with Barca. Coutinho at 25 is probably looking at this last chance.

Donga el Trojan

Fuck Liverpool. Coutinho has played 4 years for them and has won jackshit, and now they're preventing him from moving to a club that actually has realisitic chances of winning titles?

Even in a league with only two teams, what 'realistic' chance do Barca have of beating Real to La Liga for the foreseeable future?

captCHUNK

Funny coming from the fan of a reject team.

LFC fan here I come in peace :), thought I'd check out this forum to find out what's actually happening in this shitstorm of a saga.

According to some of our ITKs Cou is for sale at the right price, apparently there was a board meeting after the initial bid and although some members held out it was agreed to consider an unspecified offer, I've heard 140m mentioned a few times with the understanding of 120m being accepted. That's speculation from people who know people but are apparently reliable sources so take it as you like.

With that said and regardless of its authenticity, the biggest issue with this transfer seems to be the improbable clauses and staggered payments - I've been seeing 80mil over 5 years with the remainder as addons which is just a smack in the face. Arsenal had the same treatment when lowballing us for Suarez with the 40mil and £1 offer and I felt the same about our club when we were trying to transfer a player from Villa with 2nd rate squad players and a low fee. Wether Cou is worth that much is up for debate but in this transfer market the cost of replacing him is going to be high, he'll be worth more to the team, short and/or long term considering he renewed a contract within the last year. It's not that surprising LFC are digging their heals in, it's a different market to when Suarez was sold.

What happens next is anyones guess, but IMO I cannot see LFC ever accepting an offer like that even if Cou kicks up a stink, even if he sits on the bench for a season we'd probaly get better transfer terms from another team in the meantime, obviously it would be upto the player to accept but United spent 75m on Lukaku ffs. I don't mind the 'tapping up', players handing in transfer requests but I would be very disappointed in Cou if he does decide to go on strike, this is the club that invested in him and would've appreciated some loyalty, he recently renewed his contract and committed his future so this isn't anyone's fault but his. It's why Suarez despite his antics is still seen as a great athlete.

So, do any of you on here believe that this would be Barcas final offer ?, or do you think we'll eventually see a serious offer ?.

I for one am appalled at the ordacity of little clubs like Liverpool for thinking they have the right to decline our every whim. Do they think they really have the right to keep the players they sign and develop to the contracts they gladly signed when proper football clubs like us really need to come along and pay big bucks for players in order to compete with Madrid?

I mean, you would think they would learn from Dortmund's mistakes and bend over for us when we snap our fingers. Dembele has been well and truly unsettled by our constantly being in his ear and now Coutinho will be led the same way. Both clubs should rip up the players' contracts and have some scruples when the great Barca come calling. After all we are the second best team in Spain! Well, sometimes.

i wish now we hadn't tried to play with the big boys. Getting our bottom spanked by PSG over Neymar and La Liga trying to tell them off like a big brother defending his retarded sibling, closely followed by another lesson from Real on the field, makes me feel like I could scream and scream and scream until I'm sick!

John Henry is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy.

Last edited:

Donga el Trojan

Liverpool will say NO offically and then Coutinho will make a mess.

An article from Express.co.uk from 20-ish minutes ago.

Imo, our chance now is Coutinho making a mess.

[tw]899254819910807553[/tw]
Do it, Coutinho. We believe in you!

It'll make jack shit difference, and it'll ruin his WC year - remember, he can't play for Brazil if he won't play for his club. Too late to replace him now, and only Mickey Mouse dribs and drabs money from Barca to do it with anyway, but Liverpool don't need the money - they're more cash rich than Barca now and don't have their debts. Game over sweeties, even if Ford shits in his nest - he'll just have to sit in it. Karma for being shafted over Luis. :neymar:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
New offer I hear is £100m plus 3 curly wurlys, half a twix, 1 sausage roll. John Henry has rejected this stating hates twix and wants a mars bar. Bartomeu has eaten all the mars bars, so deal is off.

Home of Barca Fans