7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Tackle

Chelsea would be ideal if they could get the courts to stall their transfer ban. He goes back to a top 4 English team and would have the side built around him.

We can bend them over for 100m knowing they have Hazard money. Will be nice to be on the other side of things for once.

Last edited:

Devils

He wouldn't have told the club that he wants to leave unless he had a concrete offer and proposal in place.

Chelsea or PSG will take him imo.

El Flaco

[tw]1136696330083033088[/tw]

It's from the Reliable Adria Albets.

It basically says Coutinho wants to leave. He has already confessed it to his surroundings that he is not happy because he has not managed to adapt and the club already knows that he wants to leave.

Sidewinder

I've never seen such a decline.

From being one of the elite players in PL to completely falling to shambles at Barca.

Stunning player with an even more stunning decline.

Incredible.

I think the coach ruined him, tbf. Barca is such a mess right now.

Sidewinder

I suppose we can't discount the psychological element. Perhaps the pressure is just too much at Barca for him

That and also the problem of coutinho not having a clear position to play at barca. he can't play as an interior or as a winger. but i dont even know if it's that, or just the coach that has no proper setup. players often get lost.

gregorrin10

Choosing to buy him instead of Eriksen will prove to be one of the worst decisions ever. Wanted him over Coutinho from the start. It's gonna escalate to a disaster if Eriksen moves to Madrid this summer instead, since he's intent on moving on from Tottenham now. Selling Coutinho asap to Chelsea or PSG and snatching up Eriksen before Madrid does would be one of the best moves of the summer, but with our Board being who they are, there's almost no chance of this happening. Eriksen always had the better characteristics to succeed as a midfielder at Barca, while Coutinho was basically a flashier and more expensive version of Fabregas. Both of them not being a pure midfielder, and not a winger/attacker, which basically puts that kind of a player (true CAM) in no man's land in the Barca 4-3-3 formation.

I would give him 1 more year playing in his natural position. FDJ - Arthur - Coutinho is the perfect midfield for Barcelona, if only Valverde wasn't such a pussy..

mc_lovin

That midfield is risky as fuck. They are all weaker defensively than their prime Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets counterparts (bar maybe Arthur).

mc_lovin

Not as good as Busquets though.

Edit: I really dont want to see Vidal as a starter. To Eriksen: He sounded good 2-3 seasons ago, now I think we have other priorities (attack!). Dont think we can afford him. Besides that attacking midfield is the only position where we have decent talents coming up (bar Wague maybe).

Last edited:

wisconsincule

That and also the problem of coutinho not having a clear position to play at barca. he can't play as an interior or as a winger. but i dont even know if it's that, or just the coach that has no proper setup. players often get lost.

Combo of all of those. I like him as a player and want him to succeed here but if someone actually wants to buy him I’d sell. Hopefully Chelski gets their transfer ban lifted.

Last edited:

FC B

Choosing to buy him instead of Eriksen will prove to be one of the worst decisions ever. Wanted him over Coutinho from the start. It's gonna escalate to a disaster if Eriksen moves to Madrid this summer instead, since he's intent on moving on from Tottenham now. Selling Coutinho asap to Chelsea or PSG and snatching up Eriksen before Madrid does would be one of the best moves of the summer, but with our Board being who they are, there's almost no chance of this happening. Eriksen always had the better characteristics to succeed as a midfielder at Barca, while Coutinho was basically a flashier and more expensive version of Fabregas. Both of them not being a pure midfielder, and not a winger/attacker, which basically puts that kind of a player (true CAM) in no man's land in the Barca 4-3-3 formation.

+1

Home of Barca Fans