7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Calidad

Before Brazil’s exit in the WC he had covered more ground than any other midfielder in the tournament. So whilst he may still have work to establish himself in CM, I don’t buy the “doesn’t run enough” nonsense.

I didn’t see the game and I don’t know how well he played, but it’s interesting that he played in MF alongside Arthur last night. Did Valverde even try that once last season?

Raketa10

Before Brazil’s exit in the WC he had covered more ground than any other midfielder in the tournament. So whilst he may still have work to establish himself in CM, I don’t buy the “doesn’t run enough” nonsense.

I didn’t see the game and I don’t know how well he played, but it’s interesting that he played in MF alongside Arthur last night. Did Valverde even try that once last season?

Of course not Eibar, Leganes or Girona are way too dangerous for such crazy experiments! :D

wisconsincule

He starts in the midfield last night something Valverde refused to do :lol:

I watched the first half. He seemed active and was running his ass off. He’s just so slow.

I wouldn’t mind trying him in the midfield for the millionth time but it would have to be with mobile players not named Busquets. Maybe Cou-FDJ-Arthur would work as FDJ has such a high work rate. I’d bet my life savings Valverde won’t try that lineup though.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Why disadvantage ourselves with Coutinho in midfield. The suggestions continue to be amazingly stupid. Guy genuinely has fuck all stamina or tactical awareness.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Well he is not a winger, that's for sure. Originally we bought him to replace Iniesta.

And that was total idocy from the board can we fucking drop it. This isn't fifa.
We will genuinely continue to struggle against better teams while we have Messi Suarez and Coutinho on the field at the same time...

Last edited:

Andrew M

And that was total idocy from the board can we fucking drop it. This isn't fifa.
We will genuinely continue to struggle against better teams while we have Messi Suarez and Coutinho on the field at the same time...

Yes I know it is very annoying that he is not a forward and not a midfielder. Still, I'd like to try him in the mid a bit more if we keep him. His wing play is really frustrating

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
No issues with that set up against the midtable and lower teams. The issue is he's been such a huge investment for barca that it isn't really worthwhile to keep him for just that.

Devils

I've never seen such a decline.

From being one of the elite players in PL to completely falling to shambles at Barca.

Stunning player with an even more stunning decline.

Incredible.

Home of Barca Fans