7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Only wish that he can comfortably retain possession. Had the usual stinker first half but was brilliant in the second.

So far at Barcelona, I've seen him do one thing well which he did tbf - but he can't seem to do anything else

Sell

Arizona Scott

Came here for the patented Barca forum overreaction and was not disappointed. Great goal, happy to see him get some confidence back.

EV needs to figure a way to get Cou and Dembele on the field at the same time

It wasn't his fault that Barca paid that much for him, he played a very good game and had a wonder goal

Posts I think are spot on.

From that angle, yea, I'd rather have players bothered by their situation, than players who just collect the paycheck and don't give a shit.

I agree. Coutinho cares about the team and has been putting in effort, and it is clear his teammates were behind him when he was really struggling (1st half of this season). It isn't like Arda, who said after he signed and was transferred that he wanted to come to Barca because he was tired of having to work very hard on the pitch, nor like Gomes who just said I guess I just can't handle the pressure at Barca (not as bad as Arda but not the teammate you want around when your aims and expectations are to conquer Spain and Europe).

Last edited:

serghei

So far at Barcelona, I've seen him do one thing well which he did tbf - but he can't seem to do anything else

Sell

Maybe. But it is a whole different conversation if he pulls something like that at a critical time in the semis. Imagine a 0-0 at home in min 78 with Liverpool and one of those flying in the net.

PhilS

He's back, and he's pissed. I hope he stays mad, and stays aggressive. Fine with me if he loses the ball on lots of his attacks, too many of the Barca regulars do not attack enough.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
why can't we play him more as am? like Iniesta? We really need 3 dm/defensive mids? Is Messi cannibalising the role? I know we lost points with him as cm/am, but try again!

jairzinho

why can't we play him more as am? like Iniesta? We really need 3 dm/defensive mids? Is Messi cannibalising the role? I know we lost points with him as cm/am, but try again!

My only guess is because Barca setup is different and a player in that position is expected to be something of a Regista which Coutinho is not, but he can help in bringing the ball forward.However, orchestrating play from deep is not necessarily his forte and Barca's build up is different. His game is more in the final third. Arthur is better at being the no.8 and is perhaps better defensively than Cou. But Cou is better operating closer to goal. maybe in instances where we want to be ultra attacking he can operate there.

Tite plays Cou at cm and it works for Brasil because the setup is different. At the WC i think it was Willian-Paulino-Casemiro-Coutinho without the ball. There's balance there but maybe not so for Barca with different players.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Seems like some of the fans at the Camp Nou were whistling him once he was subbed on and when he touched the ball.

Guess they didn't like his gesture after his goal vs United.

Newcomer

Dunno if there is any report about that in Spain but in France, some people are saying that Kia Joorabchian is working to try and make Coutinho go to PSG.

Hope it is not true. He is a good player but PSG is already cash strapped and we need to reinforce in several areas.

As long as Messi dominates the middle, you can bring any player you want and they probably won't do as well.
Alexis sanchez was amazing at arsenal after.leaving barca, b.c he was actually playing the position that benefits him the most.
Coutinho would do better without Messi b.c.he would be able to.play in his natural.position

Messigician

Dunno if there is any report about that in Spain but in France, some people are saying that Kia Joorabchian is working to try and make Coutinho go to PSG.

Hope it is not true. He is a good player but PSG is already cash strapped and we need to reinforce in several areas.

Let's hope PSG take him off our hands

Home of Barca Fans