5 - Carles Puyol

Galning

only to people who dont understand soccer, he is a perfect commentator for americans

I'm glad you said it yourself :D
I was about to say, well for Americans he's probably good because most of them don't know anything about football.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
only to people who dont understand soccer, he is a perfect commentator for americans
Well, i can go further and say that people who understand football hardly need a commentator ;)

Anyway, Hudson is quite entertaining, thats why i actually like him a lot. Also the level of commentary in german tv is so damn low that listening to Hudson is pure convenience in comparison ...

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
Stay on topic guys...

111999_dance_floor_phenom_1.jpg

:hooray:

Sodamnsmooth

So Puyol hasn't renewed and it doesn't seem like he will for now. His contract expires in 2010. Will he be crucified for not renewing like Eto'o. To be fair, I think it comes under different circumstances. This is not a question of money, but of football. He feels like he is losing stability.

Puyol has not renewed

JALJM

i wonder if it's just a money thing, or if it has anything to do with us looking to buy a starting-level CB...

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
i wonder if it's just a money thing, or if it has anything to do with us looking to buy a starting-level CB...

I doubt it's a money thing. I think he is doing what is best for himself and for the club. Unlike with Etoo where it was never certain what he was doing, or what he was going to do in the future.

Puyol has also had an excellent past with the Barca board and team, unlike Etoo.

So to me it comes down to him wanting to see where he stands at. He has one season left on his contract, and if he feels he should re-new he will. If not, he will play out this season and then make a decision about his future later on.

All he really wants is clarification on his role at the club.

JALJM

good to read. I did not think he was falling out with pep or anything. I just wonder if he's the type to stay on at the club forever, even if he's not playing as much, or if he'll move on elsewhere to finish his career.

I know he will have Barcelona's interest at heart though

Home of Barca Fans