27 - Lamine Yamal

Horatio

You're welcome
No one said he'll be on the same level as prime Messi. He can be 50% worse than Messi and still by far the best player in the world.

The best player itw now (Mbappe?) is not even at 50% of prime Messi.
"He's going to be the Messi of Spain"

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

If you are over the age of 20, you need to forget about Messi because you ain't ever in your lifetime gonna see a better player than that. Unless of course they invent a pill that increases longevity of life.

Lamine should be compared to similar players in his position. Left footed right wingers. Salah and Saka immediately come to mind.

For me, he is better than Saka right now. And Salah only really has finishing better than him. I'd give it 3 years max before he brushes up on his finishing and becomes the best right winger in the world.

Then, Mbappe is the target for best in the world and Ballon D'ors etc. Here it becomes more difficult to judge. I personally think he can get there but it will be largely dependent on how much he improves his finishing and him becoming a regular 30 goal a season man.

vegitot

If you are over the age of 20, you need to forget about Messi because you ain't ever in your lifetime gonna see a better player than that. Unless of course they invent a pill that increases longevity of life.

Lamine should be compared to similar players in his position. Left footed right wingers. Salah and Saka immediately come to mind.

For me, he is better than Saka right now. And Salah only really has finishing better than him. I'd give it 3 years max before he brushes up on his finishing and becomes the best right winger in the world.

Then, Mbappe is the target for best in the world and Ballon D'ors etc. Here it becomes more difficult to judge. I personally think he can get there but it will be largely dependent on how much he improves his finishing and him becoming a regular 30 goal a season man.
He doesn't even need to score 30 goals per season to win Ballon Dor. If he can display his style (dribbling, passing) greatly and help Barca/Spain archive successes in the future, he can win Ballon Dor without scoring many goals.

He can hit like 30-40 G/A per season imo. Maybe more.

mc_lovin

I would be careful with predicitons. Just see how well he develops physically first. It's not a given.

But damn, his dribbling is butter smooth. Best one at it since Neymar.

serghei

He has a very long road to go until he can be compared with likes of Salah imo. He is likely to stay in the "very talented youngster" zone for a minimum of 2-3 years more. And should be treated as such for his own sake.

Don't agree with "he doesn't have to score and assist that much" idea. He absolutely does. Salah is considered to be past his best, and he has 34 goals and assists this season in a little over 2300 mins. That's a goal or an assist for every 65 mins. And he plays in a stronger league.

To be elite in an advanced position on the field, you need to score and assist a lot. You can be good with lesser numbers, but not quite elite like some of the best. The reference for that is someone like Dembele for example.

serghei

Depends on what you're comparing him with. If you're comparing him with other 16-18-year-olders, he's a phenomenon. If you're comparing him with the elite players already, he's not that close to them. Years away.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Depends on what you're comparing him with. If you're comparing him with other 16-18-year-olders, he's a phenomenon. If you're comparing him with the elite players already, he's not that close to them. Years away.

true but it's impossible to imagine that this kid wont become better and better

Home of Barca Fans